Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Lela Rose - Governor General Peter Cosgrove Reception

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrived with Governor-General Peter Cosgrove and Lady Cosgrove to a reception at Government House on Thursday (April 24) in Canberra, Australia.

Wearing her second look of the day, the Duchess looked delightful wearing a Lela Rose Spring 2013 dress.

This frock is the epitome of modern elegance, exuding sophistication with its delicate macramé lace at the peplum and the short sleeves.

Sadly, I’m not a fan of the accessories – especially the shoes, along with the bracelet, the watch and the clutch – with this look, which is such as shame because I adore the dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

25 Comments
Fergie In Saint Laurent - Brown Shoe Company Celebrates 100 Years on New York Stock Exchange

Fergie In Saint Laurent – Brown Shoe Company Celebrates 100 Years on New York Stock Exchange

Lake Bell In Stella McCartney - Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party

Lake Bell In Stella McCartney – Tribeca Film Festival Vanity Fair Party

25 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Lela Rose – Governor General Peter Cosgrove Reception

1. d April 24, 2014 at 11:47 #

really loving this except the shoes….

2. Joy April 24, 2014 at 11:48 #

The dress is exquisite! The delicate macrame is so pretty! And I love the macrame peplum! How unique! I totally agree the black clutch & shoes are a let down, but I will focus on the positive and this look is most definitely a positive!

• Fiona-Brasil April 24, 2014 at 13:02 #

• Juliana April 24, 2014 at 17:08 #

3. Christine April 24, 2014 at 11:50 #

The dress is so gorgeous but the styling is. Meh

4. Alina April 24, 2014 at 11:50 #

She destroyed what could have been her best look during this tour. Black, heavy, heavy accessories with such a delicate beautiful dress? Why, just why?

• Iva April 24, 2014 at 11:54 #

But I’ll still give it a +.
      The hair is also on a positive side this time.

5. Faellie April 24, 2014 at 11:53 #

The dress is gorgeous, the hair and earrings are perfection, the watch is a mistake, I can just about live with the clutch and shoes given the formal occasion.

6. Yeliz April 24, 2014 at 12:05 #

This dress is so gorgeous, I love it and even though those heavy black shoes and the clutch weigh this look down, I still think that this look is one of her best during this tour. Actually it would’ve been the best if her accessories would have been different.

7. jo April 24, 2014 at 12:09 #

Finally she wears an interesting dress that doesn’t look exactly the same as every other dress she has and she ruins it with the accessories. I’m literally annoyed right now.

8. Britta April 24, 2014 at 12:41 #

The dress is absolutely adorable! The styling so wrong. Think about this dress with white cage sandals! Would make it pop so beautiful!

9. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2014 at 12:53 #

Beautiful dress, wrong accessories–but I’m not over-judging her for this because the clunky black accessories with white dresses have been a problem for celebs recently.

10. kane April 24, 2014 at 13:06 #

I guess we can’t have updo and good shoes at the same time, oh well. Really like the dress though.

11. Dolly April 24, 2014 at 13:22 #

Love the dress and don’t mind the jewellery but the shoes and bag are a major let down. Whilst I appreciate the change in hair style I think this up-do is very ageing. I would have also preferred lighter make-up instead of the smoky eyes. She looks like a middle-aged lady, the posture doesn’t help

12. dee April 24, 2014 at 13:38 #

Again she ruins the look with her styling. The shoes and bag don’t work with this pretty dress.

13. Milla B. April 24, 2014 at 13:50 #

I like the dress. It’s classic without be boring. She looks so good with a updo, I don’t understand why she doesn’t use more often. Also can someone explain to me why she didn’t put her beloved nude pumps here. Those shoes are boring, but they would not be as bad as these heavy suede black pumps.

14. Betelgeuze April 24, 2014 at 14:49 #

SO MUCH POTENTIAL ruined by the black accesories. I don’t really care that they’re simple pumps and envelope clutch, but don’t get me started on how many colour options would be better. Pale blue, blush, burgundy, turquoise, dark blue to match her ring…

15. Lili C April 24, 2014 at 19:14 #

My god! Accesories just kill the amazing dress!

16. Markness April 25, 2014 at 02:34 #

It’s really the shoes that bother me. I would’ve accepted Saint Laurent Janis pumps. She needs a shoe intervention. Too bad because the dress is stunning.

17. Prudence April 25, 2014 at 03:25 #

…………….i cant with this girl and her accessories.

18. Valeria April 25, 2014 at 08:07 #

Does she use a stylist? Is she allowed to use one considering the taxpayer’s money and all? Or she has to pay herself? FC, if she can I suggest you send a CV!!

• Catherine Kallon April 25, 2014 at 09:44 #

LOL…I believe she dresses herself and she definitely pays for the clothes herself.

A friend of mine who works in fashion PR told me that Catherine doesn’t accept gifts, they are all kindly returned.

• Jones19 April 25, 2014 at 10:59 #

Well that just made my respect for her go way up :)

19. snowlion April 25, 2014 at 12:19 #

The dress is nice, it’s appropriate, the shoes are meh. She has awful posture though which interferes with a lot of her looks

• Elaine2 April 25, 2014 at 15:58 #

completely agree. Her posture is really bad. I also think her sleeves are longer than the designer intended and therefore I prefer the runway look. The longer sleeve on Kate makes her arms look heavy and we all know she’s skinny as a rail.