23.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Playford Civic Centre

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Playford Civic Centre

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge paid a visit to the Playford Civic Centre in the Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth on Wednesday (April 23) in Adelaide, Australia.

The Duchess wore an Alexander McQueen look again, this time wearing a soft-pink V-neck long-sleeved peplum top with a matching swing skirt.

She accessorized her look with L.K. Bennett ‘Sledge’ pumps, her equal favourite L.K. Bennett ‘Natalie’ clutch, Annoushka pearls, a gold chain with Asprey charms and Kiki McDonough pearl drop earrings.

What do you think of this refined take on the label’s avant-garde aesthetic?

Credit: Getty

Hilary Duff's Rag & Bone/JEAN Shredded Zipper Distressed Capri And Rag & Bone 'Harrow' Crocodile-Embossed Ankle Boots

Hilary Duff’s Rag & Bone/JEAN Shredded Zipper Distressed Capri And Rag & Bone ‘Harrow’ Crocodile-Embossed Ankle Boots

Zendaya Coleman In Vivienne Westwood Anglomania - ELLE's 5th Annual Women In Music Concert Celebration

Zendaya Coleman In Vivienne Westwood Anglomania – ELLE’s 5th Annual Women In Music Concert Celebration

26 Comments

26 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Playford Civic Centre

1. Alina April 23, 2014 at 11:01 #

I really like this. Great colour on her!

2. Christine April 23, 2014 at 11:04 #

Well she looks like her usual self.

I like her hair on this occasion

3. JackieT April 23, 2014 at 11:05 #

I like it fine, but is it so hard to wear a couple more Australian designers?

4. Faellie April 23, 2014 at 11:12 #

For a UK royal on an official engagement, that is a pretty daring plunge at the front. The colour and the length of the skirt both work well. Overall it’s a good look – we’ll certainly see this one again (and good for her for that).

Kate wears clothes that fit her beautifully. Fit is the first essential to being well dressed, but is too often overlooked.

5. d April 23, 2014 at 11:12 #

great look and finally the hair is nice :)

6. Yeliz April 23, 2014 at 11:28 #

Ladylike and chic, she looks great.

• gabis April 23, 2014 at 13:34 #

• admmgz April 23, 2014 at 22:55 #

7. Princess Chi Chi April 23, 2014 at 12:09 #

She looks nice but I can’t help but think that she could have worn more Australian designers during this tour.

8. Marcel April 23, 2014 at 12:12 #

She looks very pretty. The fitting is perfect and the colour favours her complexion

9. LeeAnn April 23, 2014 at 13:08 #

Positives:
    nice colour
    good silhouette
    hair away from her face
    negatives:
    shoes (please burn them)
    dull styling , this dress cries out for a cool brooch or a more important necklace
    BUT : the thump you heard was the Quenn falling off her chair whe Kate leaned over. Could someone please buy her Tit tape and weight her hems.

10. Sophy April 23, 2014 at 13:16 #

Def not a dress for bending over in! I am not sure peplums go well with floaty skirts ,think they work better with pencil skirts,this is a weird combo of too sexy top and school tracher bottom!!!

11. Dean April 23, 2014 at 13:20 #

She looks so graceful and the colour looks great on her. I would be kinda nice if she wore an Australian designer, but she looks great.

12. dee April 23, 2014 at 13:40 #

I think she looks ladylike and pretty. I just come to accept that her style is really classic and simple.

13. Nat April 23, 2014 at 14:37 #

Boring as usual. Same shoes, hair, make up and jewels.

14. Pedro April 23, 2014 at 14:48 #

Now she looks gorgeous from h-2-t!

15. Lisa April 23, 2014 at 15:01 #

I think she looks beautiful and strikes a good balance between fashion and her duties, which is difficult to do.

16. Marie April 23, 2014 at 15:18 #

I have plenty of prettiest necklaces at home.. she should call me and I would happily offer few to her…..
    Except the boring shoes and jewelry she looks nice.

17. Zara April 23, 2014 at 15:33 #

I’m surprised she chose a top so low cut but it’s a great McQueen ensemble… for Kate anyway! She looks great… just wished she went less heavy on the eyeliner, especially seeing as she’s on a day event.

18. pinksugar April 23, 2014 at 16:13 #

She looks absolutely beautiful. Pink always compliments her so well.

19. Camille April 23, 2014 at 17:14 #

This is one of the best looks from a pretty boring selection of outfits. Love the v neck and the color and her hair looks great.

20. Vicky April 23, 2014 at 17:47 #

You know the Queen will see these pics and be like, “That neckline is too low!!”

21. Joy April 23, 2014 at 18:43 #

Kate definitely looks pretty in pink. I’m loving the color on her. I’m not sure I’m sold on the peplum with the pleated skirt, I don’t think they go well together. I suppose wanted to wear the peplum but be more comfortable than wearing a pencil skirt? Anyway, she looks so pretty it’s hard to fault the look. Oh, and I love that she’s free enough to bend over, talk to a mere mortal and not worry about boob tape. Please. That’s what is so refreshing about her. I did laugh at all the comments about the Queen having a conniption.

22. Prudence April 23, 2014 at 23:55 #

I think she should stop wearing mcqueen if she is going to have them strip everything that is cool about an ensemble. yet another boring outfit.

23. Revital April 26, 2014 at 10:11 #

Do you think L.K bennet keep supplying her with the same pumps ? I don’t think you can wear the same pumps as much as she wears them with out wearing them out…
    Unless she has a very good shoemaker who keeps hers in near new condition …
    I know that you can’t get these shoes any more so I guess she gets a fresh pair when ever her old ones wear out…

24. ognaed April 30, 2014 at 04:56 #