22.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roksanda Ilincic – Ayers Rock

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roksanda Ilincic - Ayers Rock

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge went to the outback, where they were presented with a spear during a visit to an indigenous training academy on Tuesday (April 22) in Ayers Rock, Australia.

Opting for a sandy taupe-coloured look (which colour co-ordinates with the Prince), the Duchess wore another Roksanda Ilincic frock.

This time she selected a loose-fitting cap-sleeved dress that was cinched in at the waist with a contrasting belt and styled with nude L.K. Bennett pumps.

The look is somewhat of a re-run, as Catherine wore the same dress in a much lighter hue to the UK’s Creative Industries Reception back in July, 2012 and at LAX back in July, 2011.

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen - 'Miss Meadows' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘Miss Meadows’ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Leslie Mann In Monique Lhuillier - ‘The Other Woman’ LA Premiere

Leslie Mann In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Other Woman’ LA Premiere

13 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roksanda Ilincic – Ayers Rock

1. Iva April 22, 2014 at 11:29 #

I prefer this dress in lighter hue.

2. Christine April 22, 2014 at 11:36 #

Yeah prefer this in a lighter hue.

3. Alina April 22, 2014 at 11:42 #

It’s a simple, beautiful and classy dress, but I don’t understand the need to own it in two similar colours.

• Zara April 22, 2014 at 11:54 #

I agree; seeing as these designer dresses cost so much, there’s no need to own it in different colours. There are plenty of more fashion forward yet sophisticated outfits from Roksanda Ilincic’s new collection.

• dee April 22, 2014 at 14:04 #

I agree. Although I like both colors on her.

• Leti April 22, 2014 at 16:45 #

I completely agree. It’s one thing to repeat a dress she already owns, but it makes no sense to me for her to go out and buy what is, essentially, a repeat. We get precious few new looks from her, so this seems like a missed opportunity (as with the Wickstead she wore earlier on the trip).

4. Gemma April 22, 2014 at 12:53 #

The reason she is wearing it in taupe is that it is befitting to the Australian outback. Much like her yellow Roksanda Ilincic when disembarking the plane in Australia (the national colour is green and gold), the Zimmerman on the beach, and the silver fern brooch in NZ. Everything is meticulously planned and paid homage to. I appreciate what she’s doing, and think she looks regal as always :)

5. Revital April 22, 2014 at 13:57 #

Comparing this dress with the previous one I have to say there is something wrong with the way this one “sits” on her.
    Maybe her body changed postpartum or maybe it is a slightly different change of dress pattern but I don’t like this new version.
    The dress just doesn’t fit right , so if you absolutely have to own the same dress in 2 different colors this is not the one… ;-)

6. Yeliz April 22, 2014 at 14:05 #

I love how their looks are coordinated. They both look great here IMO. But I prefer this dress in the lighter colour too.

7. emily April 22, 2014 at 14:56 #

the dress is too short! HM won’t be happy with this. i hate how she still breaks this protocols and yet people still applaud her for whatever she wears. i also don’t find her regal.

8. Amanda April 22, 2014 at 15:56 #

surprisingly stylish for her!

9. kane April 22, 2014 at 17:13 #

Overemphasises her shoulders at the expense of the already tiny waist. I wouldn’t mind having her figure obviously, but I don’t find this particularly flattering.

10. Delphi April 23, 2014 at 08:46 #

Uluru, not Ayers Rock :) It can be called by either name, but as Uluru is the original Aboriginal name, I think it’s more respectful