20.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In L.K

Moving on from Sydney, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge arrived at the Royal Australian Airforce Base at Amberley on Saturday (April 19) in Brisbane, Australia.

Having started this tour with skirt suits and coat/dresses they have given way to springtime frocks with a more relaxed feel.

Her style certainly blossomed with this white L.K. Bennett dress with an artful bright blue poppy print, which sold out instantly after the Duchess was spotted wearing it.

The look was styled with an equally brilliant blue Oroton clutch and McQueen pumps in a darker shade of blue.

Would you have preferred that Catherine opted for heels in a light shade of blue to match the print and her clutch?

Credit: Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Queen Elizabeth II's Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Queen Elizabeth II’s Official Birthday

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Easter Sunday Service

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Easter Sunday Service

18 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In L.K. Bennett – Royal Australian Airforce Base

1. alvaro_spain April 20, 2014 at 21:57 #

Boring shoes. The don’t match with the rest of the look.

2. amy April 20, 2014 at 22:01 #

much better than the usual. I like it

3. Leeann April 20, 2014 at 22:05 #

This is just plain tragic . I think this tour is an epic fail. I dress better and am 20 years older and work in a very conservative industry. I think if you put a monkey in those outfits and put HRH in front of its name people would fawn too

• Marcel April 20, 2014 at 22:50 #

Catherine, Duchess of Boredom and Princess of Snoozefestland.

• Juliana April 20, 2014 at 23:34 #

• Jessica April 21, 2014 at 01:39 #

You are a very harsh and critical person. I certainly hope no one takes fashion advice from you.

• Marcel April 21, 2014 at 09:25 #

I think we are only less gullible than some others and we are well informed enough with a growing discerning taste.

• EmmaWoodhouse April 21, 2014 at 13:08 #

To each their own. I respect both those who find her style boring and also understand those who find it classic and timeless. While I wish she accessorized better (shoes-wise especially) I am a big fan of her style. I think it’s simple, pretty, elegant, and attainable. Others don’t have to agree at all but I hope everyone can be respectful.

• chisyelda April 21, 2014 at 17:44 #

I agree Emma, everyone has their own cup of tea and is free to express opinions, which can be done in a respectful way. Assuming we’re all civilised people here.

• Nat April 21, 2014 at 02:12 #

+3 . Honestly I am starting to think that the Palace gives her an extreme tight budget bc she is wearing the same jewelry and jewels since this tour began. She probably does her hair and make up as well.

• Prudence April 21, 2014 at 03:42 #

THANK YOU. I do not know what the others are talking about, this tour is an epic fail. Does she own a sandal??? Or is she not allowed to wear them!! And that HAIR! UGH.

4. Christine April 20, 2014 at 22:44 #

This dress looks even better in orange. But I like the blue one as well. She looks nice. This tour is a huge improvement from her prior tours. Nice to see her wearing more color and stepping outside the box-even slightly.

5. Yeliz April 20, 2014 at 23:24 #

Shoes are boring but the dress is very lovely and I like the clutch.

• Alina April 21, 2014 at 07:16 #

6. Maryjo April 21, 2014 at 01:08 #

Hate the clutch – it looks cheap.The dress is OK only.
    So far best looks have been the casual ones DVF and Zimmerman

7. Danielle April 21, 2014 at 07:20 #

Lovely!

8. GRACE April 21, 2014 at 10:31 #

Would be interested to know what you think of this FC-https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMindyKaling/photos/a.445311005510571.93434.239388882769452/689479567760379/?type=1&theater Mindy Kaling’s sarcastic take on this outfit! Personally I love the Duchess’ look here, however.

9. kane April 21, 2014 at 12:11 #

The shoes are a baby step into the right direction and still unbalance the whole look, too bad. I like it overall though.