16.04.14

Fan Bingbing In Zhang Shuai – 4th Beijing Film Festival

Fan Bingbing In Zhang Shuai - 4th Beijing Film Festival

Fan Bingbing wore a second look during the 4th Beijing International Film Festival held at China’s National Grand Theatre on Wednesday (April 16) in Beijing, China.

Perhaps one was for the opening ceremony and one for a premiere (no confirmation on Getty); however, this Zhang Shuai (blatant Lanvin copied) aqua-blue one-shoulder gown with a ruffled trim is much more like it.

It’s unpredictable, it’s not a princess gown, it’s not embellished and I love this colour against her pale skin.

Another Louis Vuitton clutch completed her look.

Was two looks for this event excessive or do you perceive this to be typical Bingbing behaviour; overdoing it? This is the same lady who wore three gown on Oscar night back in 2013.

You may remember that Rooney Mara wore a white Lanvin gown that this look has been copied from.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Solange Knowles In Acne Studios - Jimmy Choo’s CHOO.08˚Launch

Solange Knowles In Acne Studios – Jimmy Choo’s CHOO.08˚Launch

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu - 4th Beijing Film Festival

Lea Seydoux In Miu Miu – 4th Beijing Film Festival

22 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Zhang Shuai – 4th Beijing Film Festival

1. Tina April 16, 2014 at 19:40 #

Rooney Mara really knocked the ball out of the park with the white version of this gown. While it looks decent on Fan, I think the white regality and incredible fit of Rooney’s dress really raised the look to a whole other category.

2. Carol April 16, 2014 at 19:43 #

Maybe 2 gowns is indeed excessive for the event, but considering it’s Fan B., I think she was even modest, since the second look is so clean.. I absolutely love her! Perfect hair, make up, pose, shape, color, everything!

BDOTW contender!

3. Marybeth April 16, 2014 at 20:13 #

I don’t care for the clutch — it’s too big, for one thing.
    But otherwise this is a lovely look.

• dee April 17, 2014 at 17:04 #

I agree.

4. Christine April 16, 2014 at 20:13 #

She’s her usual OTT self. Like always.

5. Heather April 16, 2014 at 21:04 #

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it was for two different films with respective cast members (ES for White-Haired Witch and Lanvin for Yang Gui Fei). You might have noticed Huang Xiaoming alongside Fan in White-Haired Witch crew, and then showed up again for The Cross.

6. Joy April 16, 2014 at 21:27 #

Now this is a little more interesting! Gosh Fan is so pretty to begin with. This Lanvin dress is beautiful on her, I’m loving the color! This is a step in the right direction, hopefully this is the beginning of something great! BTW, I don’t think this is OTT– especially not for her. I actually was just thinking that maybe her theatrical/over dramatic days are behind her. I mean don’t get me wrong she is definitely a diva, but so are many fashion celebs and I think that’s just her style. Personally that’s what I love about her. But I think the reason we haven’t liked her recent looks is because she’s stepping away from the theatrical super overdone looks (which I loved at the time, but get she needs to evolve) and hopefully her style will find a way forward.

• H April 16, 2014 at 21:48 #

Well said! And is two looks is not too much for her, never!

7. Rebecca Z April 16, 2014 at 21:39 #

This is pretty, though I agree the gown had its biggest impact in white. I miss the grosgrain ribbon at the waist.

8. Yeliz April 16, 2014 at 22:24 #

I prefer this gown in white but Fan does look gorgeous, though she did overdone it with two gowns in one night.

9. CreoleLady April 16, 2014 at 22:53 #

She has my attention for all the right reasons. Love.

10. alvaro_spain April 16, 2014 at 23:55 #

It is a beautiful dress in all its versions!
    Maria Leon also wore this dress in the Goya Awards 2014 in the green version.

11. Kevinappears April 17, 2014 at 00:24 #

FC, this is actually the first look and the other one is the second. And both of them are for the opening ceremony, she walked the red carpet twice with two film crews presenting her two new movies.

12. mandy April 17, 2014 at 02:17 #

Are you kidding me? She looks so gorgeous ! Maybe for once we see her in such a simple dress it made such an impact. And look at her killer kurves !

13. Mandy April 17, 2014 at 02:44 #

Yes, absolutely lovely. Her sparkly/saab gown concoction was very stale for me.

14. eriwanmh April 17, 2014 at 06:25 #

well it is not a lanvin dress its from zhangshuai 2014 a chinese designer who is a friend of fan and she just helped to promote his collection few days ago and took some pics for his collection

15. lin April 17, 2014 at 07:36 #

Love love love the green version of this.

16. Iva April 17, 2014 at 09:57 #

I’m in love with the dress from the lookbook.
    On Fan Bingbing it looks somehow plain.

17. kane April 17, 2014 at 14:39 #

Rooney is in her on league with the white version. Even then I also really loved the green version and the styling with the long belt. Bingbing, though, the colour isn’t working for me, it’s not working for me on her and frankly the styling leaves a lot to be desired.

18. Yvonne April 18, 2014 at 09:16 #

The dress designed by a Chinese designer named Zhangshuai, maybe Lanvin is his source of inspiration.

19. AGo April 18, 2014 at 12:14 #

This is not Lanvin..It’s by Chinese local designer named Zhang Shuai who always copies a lot of hit pieces.

20. Ava April 18, 2014 at 12:58 #

FC, this dress is not Lanvin, it was made by a Chinese designer and just happens to look very much like the Lanvin dress.