16.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roksanda Ilincic - Sydney Airport & Sydney Opera House2

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, Prince George of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrived at Sydney Airport this afternoon (April 16) in Sydney, Australia.

Catherine stepped off the plane looking picture perfect wearing a bright-yellow Roksanda Ilincic ‘Ryedale’ Spring 2014 frock.

While locals were left slight disappointed that Catherine didn’t wear an Australian designer, her colour choice was significant as yellow is one of Australia’s national colours.

This has to be one of the most contemporary looks she has worn, with its three-quarter-length sleeves and white panels at the hem and under the arms.

Her trusted nude LK Bennett heels made a return after a succession of navy and black pumps worn so far on this promo tour.

Catherine completed the look with her brunette locks swept up into a half-up ‘do, showcasing her diamond earrings.

WORDOO850006IVM_1_large

You can buy Catherine’s Roksanda Ilincic Ryedale Wool-Crepe Dress in a reverse colourway from MatchesFashion.com

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham - 'Extant' LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Jenny Packham – ‘Extant’ LA Premiere

Eva Mendes' J Brand 'Janis' V Neck Tee And J Brand '1214 Aidan' Jeans

Eva Mendes’ J Brand ‘Janis’ V Neck Tee And J Brand ’1214 Aidan’ Jeans

38 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Roksanda Ilincic – Sydney Airport & Sydney Opera House

1. Inge April 16, 2014 at 11:31 #

Yes, this looks fresh and modern. Finally.

2. Mrs. A April 16, 2014 at 11:37 #

She has set the bar soooo low with how boring her style is that she doesnt have to do much to wow people. On anyone else, we would have called this boring. Her style is so overrated!

• Lee Ann April 16, 2014 at 13:04 #

Icouldn’t agree more. This is a nice dress but style is so much more than just a nice dress. The shoes are dire,the necklace wrong. This woman has no style- she is a clothes horse with no chic

• Godiva April 16, 2014 at 16:48 #

I love you Mrs. A!! She is beyond boring. She has a great figure and access to amazing clothes and all we see is columns of color: a solid navy dress with navy pumps (replace navy with any color). She also has the same hairstyle and the same harsh black eyeliner.

I do understand it is her job to go to these events but it doesn’t mean she can’t have fun and she dresses so OLD. You can be age appropriate and still have fun. Mrs. Obama does these types of things as well and with 20 years over her dresses so much more modern!

• Nat April 16, 2014 at 16:52 #

I agree with you two. She is so boring that anything she wear that is in a different color palette of her usual one looks “refreshing’. Nonetheless the styling is so wrong that the dress does not save the overall look for me.

• elena April 17, 2014 at 10:00 #

• foteini April 17, 2014 at 13:36 #

3. Christine April 16, 2014 at 11:43 #

Wow how refreshing to see something new from her.

I like the dress

4. Fiona - Perth April 16, 2014 at 11:51 #

Love this on her, so refreshing and modern but still perfectly modern princess. Yellow is a great colour on her and a nod to Aussie gold which we love. Looking forward to the rest of this tour…

• Fiona-Brasil April 16, 2014 at 12:07 #

• Jess2 April 16, 2014 at 13:48 #

+2 – loving the nod to our Aussie gold!

5. Valissa April 16, 2014 at 12:01 #

The yellow is gorgeous on her and I think she looks great.
    And while I respect her decision to wear yellow on her first day, I do hope to see her in some Australian designers while she’s here!

6. liz April 16, 2014 at 12:09 #

No one who has tried those LK Bennett pumps will accuse her of wearing them too much. Seriously, THE most comfortable heels I’ve ever worn in my life.

• verkaap April 16, 2014 at 13:41 #

7. d April 16, 2014 at 13:15 #

so refreshing… im loving this:)

8. gabis April 16, 2014 at 13:29 #

Wow she looks good in yellow. She needs to wear bold colours more often.

• Yeliz April 16, 2014 at 20:38 #

I agree. Bold colours really suit her, she looks great.

9. Delphi April 16, 2014 at 13:41 #

I think the earrings are pearl drops, not diamonds :)

10. amy April 16, 2014 at 14:07 #

finally the dress I can get on board with. I’m simply ignoring the shoes. she needs to wear modern shapes more often rather than those grandma clothes she likes so much

11. Lara April 16, 2014 at 14:20 #

I love this look on her. I think I’ve accepted that we’re not often gonna see a “wow” look from Catherine. It is simply not her style. And that’s okay. So for her, I think this is a lovely look. Off-topic, and very random, but I’m not sure I’ve seen Prince William hold his son this entire tour! I’m not usually one to make those remarks and of course it doesn’t mean he doesn’t hold him/love him etc. But just an observation.

12. pinksugar April 16, 2014 at 14:36 #

I give Kate a pass with her boring shoes/accessories most of the time because whether we like it or not she does have to stay on the demure side. Remember the uproar when she wore animal print? So scandalous! I think she looks lovely here. The yellow is beautiful with her hair & skin tone.

13. Lara April 16, 2014 at 14:49 #

Oh my bad! I finally saw Prince George being held by his dad in one of the pictures of the event where Catherine wore the blue tweed suit! So adorable!

14. Leeann April 16, 2014 at 14:58 #

You can be demure and chic at the same time. She is neither just dull – those hideous LKBennet shoes are tacky – platforms like those are no longer chic and haven’t been for quite some times. She should have worn 2 pretty broches on the corner of the neckline or lose the watch and wear 2 chic cuffs. A pretty Chanel type shoe or textured classic polity toe 8 cm heel . Anything but what she did wear

15. Dean April 16, 2014 at 14:59 #

I think some people are being over-dramatic. She looks great, the colour is refreshing and looks great on her.

• Lee. Ann April 16, 2014 at 17:02 #

How male to say that. She is attractive so of course she looks good but she could look great if she got the styling right

• KateS April 16, 2014 at 17:39 #

Er, I’m a woman( and not a royal watcher) and I think she looks great. Style is not the same for everyone. If Rihanna wore this I would wonder if she fell and hit her head. For Kate-what she likes and the general trend of style she is permitted or chooses, given her life-she looks great.

• LeeAnn April 17, 2014 at 14:38 #

Err.i meant its a male thing to use the word over dramatic when criticising women when they don’t agree

16. Rebecca Z April 16, 2014 at 15:08 #

She looks pretty–it is a great dress. The shoes are a bore, but I’ll take liz’s word for the comfort factor. She’s walking down a set of airplane steps carrying a baby–the last thing she needs to do is worry if she’s gonna fall out of her high fashion shoes.

17. Pedro April 16, 2014 at 15:11 #

She looks great!

Finally something modern on her

18. jones19 April 16, 2014 at 15:38 #

Love the dress! If she had worn this with a sleek ponytail and some fun sandals I would have died and gone to fashion heaven. On the downside she looks really tired.

19. dee April 16, 2014 at 15:51 #

I like everything ankles up.

20. Leti April 16, 2014 at 15:56 #

I love the dress, though I hate the shoes with it. And, seeing her hair pulled back is always nice (especially when it’s windy).

• Sophy April 17, 2014 at 15:58 #

You know this maybe an ideal dress for the dreaded “white shoe” – there is something unfinished about this dress – needs a belt maybe ? and the necklace doesnt go with the gold of the earrings!

21. CJK April 16, 2014 at 22:37 #

I don’t understand why so many people are so harsh toward her – she’s not a model or a celeb, she’s married to the future king of England and mother to the king after that. The royal family is hardly cutting edge-fashion wise and no one would expect them to be. Imagine the public uproar over $ if she wore haute couture every week. She nearly always looks completely lovely and impeccable, if somewhat conservative. I don’t think she should be expected to be anything else. Yes, it would be fun for everyone else if she trotted out stunning clothes on every outing (me included), but I’m sure she’s got many higher priorities.

• Milla B. April 17, 2014 at 00:18 #

To be fair with the critics, Kate is constantly elected the best dressed woman of UK, she is usually on the best dressed list of Vogue and Vanity Fair. Plus the press (UK and US press mostly) crowned her a fashion icon, one of the most important styles of our generation.
      The press praises her style so much that most of time, everything that is said about her is about her clothes. So yes, I can see why people who enjoy fashion can get frustrated about her style or in this case her appropriate but boring style.
      I do think this tour will start to be better from now. Australia weather is better so she can be a little bit more bold. Plus there is this Ralph and Russo super expensive couture gown that I read about and she supposedly will wear… So lets see ;)

22. Tracy L April 16, 2014 at 22:38 #

I love this dress. And I have no problem with the styling. She’s not Beyonce. She’s a royal on an official visit. I think she has looked wonderful on this trip. Looking forward to seeing an evening look.

23. kane April 17, 2014 at 14:49 #

Ankles-up I really like this.

24. Betelgeuze April 17, 2014 at 21:30 #

I think I might need to scrape my chin off the floor at it fell there from pure shock. Needless to say, I like the look.