14.04.14

Nicki Minaj In Alexander McQueen – MTV Movie Awards 2014

Nicki Minaj In Alexander McQueen - MTV Movie Awards 2014Nicki Minaj slinked onto the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards 2014 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on Sunday (April 13). And, in doing so, she gave me quite the shock of the night.

Rather than parading about in her unapologetically bizarro concoctions, the pint-sized rapper was rather subdued—at least by her standards—in a refined Alexander McQueen figure-scraping, black gown.

While the dress called attention to her hourglass curves, it did so demurely. The loudest shout in this look came from the Midas accessories, as she loaded up on the gold.

In addition to her Cleopatra necklace and earrings, she rocked the same McQueen arm cuffs that we previously saw on Sienna Miller earlier this year.

I have to say that I barely recognized the entertainer without her Rainbow-Brite fashion, nor her over-the-top Crayola makeup and platinum, bleach-blonde locks, which were replaced by sleek, dark Veronica Lake waves and the flick of a cat-eye.

Perhaps her cameo in ‘The Other Woman’ with Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton has softened her fashion sense, transforming the style chameleon into a more sophisticated, yet still-edgy vamp star.

GIX797_in_xl

Alexander McQueen Sheer Spine-Paneled GownBergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus
Alexander McQueen Full Arm Five Cuff SetLane Crawford.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Victoria Justice In Atelier Versace - MTV Movie Awards 2014

Victoria Justice In Atelier Versace – MTV Movie Awards 2014

14 Responses to Nicki Minaj In Alexander McQueen – MTV Movie Awards 2014

1. Christine April 14, 2014 at 02:42 #

She looks amazing. Her best look to date. Too many cuffs aside, this is a great look

• Agi April 14, 2014 at 09:48 #

TA

2. julyol1972 April 14, 2014 at 02:45 #

Actually, Nicki has been wearing less makeup for a while, less extensions, and less colorful, and out there outfits. This make-under has been happening for a while and may’ve been even before her role in “The Other Woman”.

It’s amazing how naturally pretty she is without all the spackle, the wigs, and the over-the-top outfits to detract from it.

3. pinksugar April 14, 2014 at 02:52 #

This girl couldn’t look chic if she tried. Even when she goes ‘simple’ she is still such a hot mess.

4. Courtney Klein April 14, 2014 at 02:53 #

This looks works for Nicki very well! I agree with Christine one too many cuffs but still a winner.

5. Prudence April 14, 2014 at 04:17 #

OMFGGG!!!!! I SWEAR WITHOUT THAT TITLE I WOULD NOT HAVE BELIEVED IT!!!! She looks like an entirely different woman! Love the dress, too many cuffs. Omggg so glad she got tired of that black barbie nonsense.

6. Mm April 14, 2014 at 07:34 #

I knew she would get tired of looking like a statement at every turn. Even gaga has tone down. To much work being an art exhibit

7. sammy April 14, 2014 at 10:56 #

I don’t think I like this look to be honest. She went a lil crazy with the accessories and it made the look a little hooch and less chic and sophisticated. And she looks angry

• Yeliz April 14, 2014 at 11:46 #

I agree.

8. amy April 14, 2014 at 12:30 #

the dress hugs her in all the right places. there are too many accessories but it’s nicki minaj so she gets a pass

9. Betelgeuze April 14, 2014 at 13:26 #

Wow. Colour me completely and utterly shocked.
    I don’t even know what to think! :D I’m searching for at least one typical Nicki Minaj-like rainbow thing, but there are none. She looks stunning and drop dead gorgeous, but I’m not sure, perhaps I miss a little bolder lip colour…

10. Pedro April 14, 2014 at 14:34 #

Nicki looks fantastic!

11. Rebecca Z April 14, 2014 at 15:02 #

This is way better than Little Bo Peep with the Pope. She looks great in this dress. How much better it would be without all that hardwear.

12. Dhppy April 14, 2014 at 21:33 #

Smaller earrings (so as not to detract from the killer necklace) , one arm cuff, one bangle, and a lot fewer rings would have been nice. Still, she looks good. The subdued makeup and hair is wonderful.