14.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Luisa Spagnoli – Botanical Gardens Opening

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Luisa Spagnoli - Botanical Gardens Opening

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge officially opened the Visitor’s Centre at the Botanical Gardens in Christchurch, New Zealand on Monday (April 14).

After wearing a green Erdem coat and teal-blue Emilia Wickstead dress this weekend, Catherine opted for red on this occasion, the colour which signalled the start of this tour.

Catherine wore a suit by Italian designer Luisa Spagnoli, but this is not the first time she has donned this look.

It was first worn on a visit to St Andrews back in 2011.

On that occasion she wore the suit with a black polo neck and knee-high boots; today she styled it with a black clutch, black pumps and a half-up, half-down ‘do.

Credit: Getty

Kate Upton In Versace - MTV Movie Awards 2014

Kate Upton In Versace – MTV Movie Awards 2014

Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney - MTV Movie Awards 2014

Cameron Diaz In Stella McCartney – MTV Movie Awards 2014

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Luisa Spagnoli – Botanical Gardens Opening

1. Sophy April 14, 2014 at 12:53 #

Did she alter this suit? The skirt is much longer now.

• Laura April 14, 2014 at 13:10 #

The suit originally consisted of a dress and jacket. It has now been altered to a slightly longer length skirt and jacket.
      I really like the peplum jacket on Kate. It looks much more contemporary and youthful than some of the coat dresses she favours.

• Mrs. A April 14, 2014 at 15:17 #

Great eye, Sophy!

• smolls April 14, 2014 at 17:35 #

I noticed the skirt was longer too & I think she’s lost a bit of weight since her first outing in this look which might account for the extra length in the skirt.

2. Dressaddict April 14, 2014 at 13:31 #

I really like her, but I don’t seem to get anymore this whole clothes repeating thing. Did you see the complete outfit she wore here on the sailing day, the same complete outfit she wore when she played basketball after birth? To think I struggle as much as I can to mix and match my clothes and shoes, not to mention to avoid any repeating, and hey, the only title I have is being the Duchess of my family.

• Mrs. A April 14, 2014 at 15:17 #

+2!!!!

3. Christine April 14, 2014 at 13:53 #

Nothing new but she looks alright

• Yeliz April 14, 2014 at 18:54 #

4. dee April 14, 2014 at 14:44 #

Another dull look.

5. Fallon April 14, 2014 at 15:09 #

I’m glad she’s not afraid to repeat looks. In some ways it makes her like the rest of us. I repeat looks, especially if they really look good on me. I often wait a couple of months so her repeating a look is refreshing.

6. Lee Ann April 14, 2014 at 15:40 #

Dear Duchess,
    There is this wonderful thing called jewellry and in particular Brooches. Your grandmother in law has vaults of the stuff. Please open one and look inside. It will help lift your dull dull clothes when you attach something sparklely.

• Inge April 14, 2014 at 17:43 #

Haha :D

• CreoleLady April 14, 2014 at 18:40 #

Well, maybe when she’s as old as her grandmother a in-law she’ll wear them. Brooches remind me of little old ladies. Michelle Obama wears bold brooches (admittedly not Queen’s jewels) in modern ways but is 15 years older. Hard to be approachable wearing a king’s ransom in jewels.

• Jessica April 21, 2014 at 02:00 #

7. Leti April 14, 2014 at 15:57 #

I don’t mind her repeating a look from a while ago and with different accessories, but I really take issue with her wearing the practically the same thing two days in a row. I mean, she most own those jeans in more than one finish. I think William probably packed more changes of clothes than she did!

8. Heaven April 14, 2014 at 17:39 #

I think it’s great that she wore that suit when she visited the families of the victim of the eartquake. First, because red and black are the colour of the city and because the first time she wore that suit was just after the earthquake so i think it’s respectful that she wore something she already wore in this period because people will care more for the families and not for the fashion.

• Laura April 14, 2014 at 18:57 #

Couldn’t agree more

• Paulyne April 14, 2014 at 19:17 #

I think it’s important to notice that Catherine, William and Harry signed the book of condeolances for the victims the same day of the visit at St Andrews and she wore the dress without the jacket. Someone on twitter told me that the inhabitants of Christchurch were glad that she wore the same outfit ( even with few adjustements) to two events related to the earthquake and Christchurch.

9. Anne Gallagher April 14, 2014 at 23:25 #

She looks lovely. In general, I like the fact that the Duchess recycles her wardrobe. It proves she is not wasteful.

10. Tracy L April 15, 2014 at 13:23 #

I too love the fact that the Duchess wears her clothes more than once. Like the rest of us. I wish those in the entertainment industry would do it more. I love Catherine’s style and good for her for sticking to it. I think folks are waaaay too hard on celebrities for wearing outfits more than once–even on the red carpet. If a dress is gorgeous then what is the problem? In a world where there is so much waste, why not wear the same gorgeous clothes?