13.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – Palm Sunday Service

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead - Palm Sunday Service

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge touched down at Dunedin International Airport on Sunday (April 13) in Dunedin, New Zealand ahead of attending a Palm Sunday service at St. Paul’s Anglican Cathedral.

Wearing another colour-popping look on day seven of the royal tour, following yesterday’s emerald Erdem coat, she wore a turquoise Emilia Wickstead long-sleeved dress cinched in waist featuring a pleated skirt, falling above the knee. I’m sure this shorter length will please those who said her Jenny Packham dress was too short.

The Duchess paired her eye-catching Sunday best frock with a matching blue hat by milliner Jane Taylor, with some sparkle courtesy of the Queen, Catherine wore her diamond fern brooch, which was given to the Queen in 1954 by the women of Auckland.

This look is particularly significant considering London-based designer Emilia Wickstead is originally from New Zealand.

Dark-green suede accessories, which don’t work for the look for me, completed her look.

You may remember that Catherine also owns this dress in pink, which she has worn twice before.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Kenzo - LAX Airport

Solange Knowles In Kenzo – LAX Airport

Sofia Vergara In Zuhair Murad - 'Fading Gigolo' New York Screening

Sofia Vergara In Zuhair Murad – ‘Fading Gigolo’ New York Screening

20 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – Palm Sunday Service

1. Kyriaki April 13, 2014 at 13:50 #

Both colours are great on her. I love the hat!

2. CreoleLady April 13, 2014 at 14:09 #

I have several pet peeves with her and these hats. Pet peeve number 1: she always wears her hair down. A sleek chignon, a beautifully braided up-do or some other hair up/out of the way style might increase the chic factor.

3. Paulyne April 13, 2014 at 14:23 #

This is my favorite look of the tour.
    However , she owned this dress in pink and she already wore it twice : http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/05/29/catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-repeats-her-emilia-wickstead-dress/

4. Christine April 13, 2014 at 14:26 #

She is stepping up her game, huh?

This is a nice look. Love the color

5. Yeliz April 13, 2014 at 15:24 #

I like this. And I’m not going to comment on her boring shoes anymore, because I don’t think that she will ever surprise us by wearing a pair of interesting shoes.

6. Leeann April 13, 2014 at 16:23 #

Why can’t this woman has some fun with clothes -it would have been so much chicer to wear the broach on the waist, a pill box hat and some fabulous shoes,

She is dull dull dull

• helene April 13, 2014 at 18:15 #

Agree with you Leeann.. She could do like Maxima of Holland.. always so glamour, so elegant and having fun even being a princess.

• jokebetweenthetrees April 14, 2014 at 11:46 #

It is Queen Maxima (almost a year now) and she is indeed rocking it fashionwise.

• amy April 13, 2014 at 21:01 #

she’s like a walking human sleeping pill. everything she wears is just so boring. I know she has to look dignified but there’s a way to do it without looking like an old lady.

• Nat April 14, 2014 at 02:24 #

I agree with everyone. She is always boring and predictable.

• dee April 14, 2014 at 14:43 #

I totally agree. She could wear so many interesting yet conservative clothes but she is boring.

7. brat April 13, 2014 at 20:40 #

I’ve always liked Kate’s style, though she was very conservative and safe to begin with. With the Queen’s alleged “interference” in her wardrobe we are guaranteed to be bored to tears with every look of hers from now on. I’ve not been impressed with anything from this tour I think it’s dull and too old for her age. She’s 30 for God’s sake, give her a break and let her have some fun. Definitely not an upgrade. Diana was rebellious and did what she liked, she was a fashion icon. Kate’s new style can pretty much guarantee she will never be in the same league. What a let-down. The Queen has one foot in the grave, she has no business giving fashion advice to a young woman.

• Molly April 13, 2014 at 21:00 #

The change of wardrobe was to prevent wardrobe malfunctions which Kate has always had a problem with, it doesn’t mean she actually has to start dressing like the queen. Her style has always been boring, its just that this new info regarding the Queens intervention makes it more obvious.
      The Queen is hardly a boring dresser. She’s almost 90 so she is more simple now, but back in the day she and Princess Margaret served as style inspiration for Christian Dior back in its heyday. If she had such awful style I don’t think that would have happened.

• LeeAnn April 13, 2014 at 21:41 #

Well clearly she didn’t listen because her first appearance in the stewardess outfit her dress showed the crown jewels and then some

• Nat April 14, 2014 at 02:27 #

The interference of the Queen was fake news and denied by the RF PR.

8. jokebetweenthetrees April 14, 2014 at 11:49 #

She is so boring. The ‘hat thing’ has been done in Canada. There she wore a maple leaf on a red hat. Now again with the fern in NZand she is also wearing a brooch (thats’s nice though) but together its to much.

9. Inge April 14, 2014 at 17:39 #

Over and over she is wearing the same thing. *yawn*
    I’d like to see more pictures of queen Maxima of the Netherlands because she wears far more interesting pieces and she dares to make exciting combinations.

• Grace Patricia April 15, 2014 at 01:40 #

+1.

I also wish I could see more of Queen Maxima.

10. Kristen from MA April 14, 2014 at 18:20 #

The accessories here are grey, not green.