09.04.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Tory Burch – Plunkett’s Parents’ Group

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Tory Burch Resort 2014 - Plunkett's Parents' Group

Prince George undertook his first official engagement, attending a parent and baby group with parents Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, which was hosted at Plunkett’s Parents’ Group within Government House on Wednesday (April 9) in Wellington, New Zealand.

Catherine opted for an event-appropriate look, wearing a knee-length black-and-white short-sleeved dress garnished with fringed trim for timeless sophistication by Tory Burch.

Perfect for warm temperatures and chic yet comfortable, the short-sleeved open-knit dress with a cinched-in waist and elegant pleats is nearly sold out after she was photographed wearing this Resort 2014 frock earlier today.

With her hair as bouncy and glossy as ever, she completed her look with black Prada pumps.

TB_52132424_017

You can buy Catherine’s Tory Burch Paulina Dress from ToryBurch.co.uk.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Thandie Newton In Osman - 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' London Premiere

Thandie Newton In Osman – ‘Half Of A Yellow Sun’ London Premiere

Lupita Nyong'o In Giambattista Valli Couture - Marie Claire Celebrates May Cover Stars

Lupita Nyong’o In Giambattista Valli Couture – Marie Claire Celebrates May Cover Stars

21 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Tory Burch – Plunkett’s Parents’ Group

1. Laura April 9, 2014 at 10:25 #

She always ruins her look with ugly shoes and dark nude tights….

2. Iva April 9, 2014 at 10:45 #

She always looks the same.
    Nothing to comment.

3. Joy April 9, 2014 at 10:51 #

Love everything about this look, especially her adorable accessory, Prince George. She doesn’t usually wear a lot of pattern so this is refreshing for me. My only issue is those shooze… for some reason I can’t stand them. Usually I can stomach her classic heels but these I especially hate, I think it’s the height that makes them so much more unattractive. However, she is out and about probably on her feet quite a bit for this tour, so I get it and can forgive them and look away. Gotta love a practical Duchess.

4. Christine April 9, 2014 at 11:07 #

Nice dress and that’s it

5. Valissa April 9, 2014 at 12:31 #

I think people are too hard on Catherine. She’s not supposed to be a risk taker or a trendsetter, she can’t walk around dressed like Kate Moss or Rita Ora! She has to dress conservatively and beautifully and I think she does an exceptional job at it. I’m always impressed.

• Lauren April 9, 2014 at 22:56 #

• Cássia April 10, 2014 at 00:15 #

I agree with every word you said!

• molly April 10, 2014 at 02:46 #

Have you taken a look at other European Princesses? Britain’s own Countess of Wessex? Queen Maxima? All are older than Kate, most in higher positions, have the same wardrobe requirements, and yet they all manage to be much more stylish, young, and yes, daring. Kates boring because she chooses to be, lets not blame that on her position.

6. dee April 9, 2014 at 13:44 #

I like the dress but as usual the shoes are boring.

7. Yeliz April 9, 2014 at 13:47 #

Nice from the ankles up. Prince George is such a cutie pie!

• Alina April 9, 2014 at 16:11 #

I agree on all points.

8. elisabeth April 9, 2014 at 13:47 #

As someone who hates sandals and ankle-boots I have to finally say this: I love the duchess for sticking to classic pumps no matter what.

9. Marcel April 9, 2014 at 14:18 #

Hideous. She should be an ambassador for British labels.

10. Anne Gallagher April 9, 2014 at 15:07 #

She looks fantastic. I love little Prince George’s outfit as well. I love the fact they are on mom and tot royal engagement.

11. Sophy April 9, 2014 at 15:18 #

I don’t get it – why not wear espadrilles??

12. Tati April 9, 2014 at 17:08 #

I dont get why anyone would wear black and white to meet and play with children…she has a lot to learn from women like michelle obama….

• Tahlia April 10, 2014 at 09:15 #

Black and White – as unoriginal as it may seem – are New Zealand’s national colours so quite fitting for their first appearance (other than getting off the plane).

• Jessica April 21, 2014 at 02:08 #

There are appropriate colors to wear around children? Please, do share, so my sister, mother, and I can make sure those colors are what we’re wearing around my 20-month old nephew.

13. Betelgeuze April 9, 2014 at 20:18 #

Well… at least this one has a pattern.
    I just keep thinking how better would her looks be if she chose coral and electric blue pumps instead of black and nude.

14. Camille April 9, 2014 at 23:57 #

boring shoes, again, but perhaps she is opting for comfort as she must be on her feet quite a bit. But surely she could find a comfortable pair of pumps with a little pizazz??? Of course, baby George is adorable!

15. Sleepless in Chicago April 11, 2014 at 05:18 #

What a boring look! I would not give this dress a second look if I saw it at a store. Everything is boring about it – the pattern, the style (or lack of it), the length.