Lena Dunham In Marc Jacobs – 2014 Point Honors New York Gala

Lena Dunham In Marc Jacobs - 2014 Point Honors New York Gala

Lena Dunham attended the 2014 Point Honors New York Gala held at the New York Public Library on Monday (April 7) in New York City.

The ‘Girls’ actress/writer wore a Marc Jacobs Fall 2013 bronze-toned sequin gown for the occasion.

I already know that the majority of you will dislike this, but aside from the hair and the makeup, I’m going to give this look a pass.

I like how the deep V-neckline allows for a hint of femme sensuality and that she made the effort to give us ladylike elegance.

Whether or not you think she succeeded is another issue.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

33 thoughts on “Lena Dunham In Marc Jacobs – 2014 Point Honors New York Gala

1. Anj

Agree completely. I think this dress fits her really well but she totally ruined it with that hair.

1. Denise

I like the dress itself, I appreciate her effort, and with better hair this could have looked much better.

2. Marcel

I tried but I really can’t see how wearing a very unflattering dress ,which obviously will only attract negative criticism ,could be an”effort to give us ladylike elegance”. I see rather as mockery. And her almost maniac facial expression in this picture only reafirms my impression.

3. Kristin

When you look at the close-ups you can see that the color of the dress makes her eyes look gorgeous. It almost works for me. Wish she’d given us a little smile.

4. Anne

I do like this dress, and I think it’s a good style for her. But the styling…. noooo. The shoes and hair are simply tragic.

5. pinksugar

Ya know, you can tell she tried something different here and that IS something. The execution may not be the best but it’s nice to see her having a bit more fun with glamour.

6. Rebecca Z

I actually like her hair with this. There are way more flattering photos available than this one–and less flattering ones. I have mixed feelings about the dress–the color is great for her, and I get her urge to wear it–she is all about pushing the envelope. On balance, for me it works more than it doesn’t.

7. mm

love Lena’s show Girls. But she really needs a stylist. she just cant get right on the red carpet.

8. easyBlake

The hair is disappointing, but I think this looks quite nice. I think she is being styled, her choices since sitting with Anna Wintour (during FW?) have been MUCH different. For the better, IMHO.

1. Eri

Ha! Surprisingly it looks way better! I read she was told to do this wilted flower pose by a designer when she was dressed in his design but she should realise it’s not working for her..

9. Camille

Okay, I’m going to disagree with most, but I like this on her. I don’t really get the objection to her hair as this is the same hairstyle she’s had for ages, short choppy bob??? It’s not a Mohawk for pete’s sake, it just looks like her normal hair to me. Anyway, about the gown, I love the color on her. As someone mentioned, it really brings out her eyes and I think it’s a gorgeous color for her.

The gown is beautiful and the v neck is actually flattering for her. It seems extremely well fitted as it skims her curves. It’s a very sexy and feminine dress which for Lena is somewhat revolutionary.

As for her odd pose, and crazy eyes, she’s always seemed awkward on the red carpet to me so it’s not really a factor.

10. scarlett

Does she have a stylist because if she does they should have their credentials taken away, if not she needs one double quick. She always looks a mess and really there’s no need for her too.

11. CTgirl

She looks pregnant in this dress. The color works for her but the cut, fabric and styling are terrible.

12. Prudence

She should have invested in a better pair of spanx to give her some shape. The hair and makeup is its usual mess. Once again, its not her body size that ruins her get up but the lack of trying to look better.