30.03.14 Premiere

Shailene Woodley In Stella McCartney – ‘Divergent’ London Premiere

Shailene Woodley In Stella McCartney - 'Divergent' London Premiere

Shailene Woodley joined Kate Winslet on the red carpet for the London premiere of ‘Divergent’ held at the Odeon Leicester Square on Sunday (March 30).

After taking a mannish time-out during CinemaCon, she was back to wearing a beautiful gown this evening; selecting a capri-blue Stella McCartney lace accented design graced with a compelling femininity.

The body-skimming gown which features a low v-shaped neckline, for added allure, cut-out detailing at the back and an elegant fishtail hemline was simple styled with her favourite gold pendant necklace and a gold Lina Noel armlet.

192-2000112-348727SCA06_CAPRIBLUE_M

You can buy Shailene’s Stella McCartney Lace-Detailed Crepe Gown from
Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Selfridges.

Credit: Getty

Kate Winslet In Jenny Packham - 'Divergent' London Premiere

Kate Winslet In Jenny Packham – ‘Divergent’ London Premiere

Zoe Saldana's Barbara Bui Quilted Leather Biker Jacket

Zoe Saldana’s Barbara Bui Quilted Leather Biker Jacket

23 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Stella McCartney – ‘Divergent’ London Premiere

1. Alina March 30, 2014 at 15:55 #

I don’t like the lace details as seen from the front, but I do like the colour of the dress and the fact that she seems happy to wear it.

2. Christine March 30, 2014 at 15:57 #

The color is splendid. Not too fond of the dress though

3. Inge March 30, 2014 at 16:04 #

I think this is her best look so far.

4. Celine March 30, 2014 at 16:08 #

Don’t like the dress nor on her. It doesn’t seem authentic. It would work on Kate Winslet (with some bust adjustments). But on Shaillenne it looks like, phony?

5. Nat39 March 30, 2014 at 16:11 #

Nice but I want to see something youthfully chic, dramatic and modern from her rather than a mature lovely lace gown.

• Cheri March 30, 2014 at 19:33 #

Exactly, I agree.

• anjos March 30, 2014 at 19:52 #

Seems to be a common problem with young actresses these days. The only few wearing interesting fashion forward stuff are actresses in their late 30s and over 40. Younger generation, like Jennifer Lawrence for example, are making careers out of being ‘quirky’, yet their stylists never once put something quirky and original on them. They always wear dresses women twice their age would wear on a talk show or something.

• Guest March 31, 2014 at 18:42 #

Lawrence does look twice her age and over the top, especially in Dior. Kristen Stewart, however, is an exception that never ceases to surprise me. 99% of her red carpet/events outfits are to die for. Her stylist really knows her trade.

6. Neli March 30, 2014 at 16:13 #

Very pretty!

7. kayla March 30, 2014 at 16:19 #

Love the color,love the back. Shailene looks gorgeous. <3

8. AnnieF March 30, 2014 at 17:07 #

This is GORGEOUS

9. Sarah March 30, 2014 at 17:57 #

Absolutely stunning !

10. Marybeth March 30, 2014 at 19:05 #

It’s okay. I love the color on her.

From the front the gown looks just a bit too much like lingerie for my taste.

I’ll forgive the gold necklace, as it is unobtrusive and she wears it with everything. The gold armlet, OTOH, is inexplicable with this dress.

11. Yeliz March 30, 2014 at 19:44 #

Oh wow, I was loving this gown in the online shops and I’m happy to see it on the red carpet. And seeing it on someone tall made me even happier. Shailene looks fantastic IMO, j’adore.

• admmgz March 30, 2014 at 20:30 #

12. Kathy March 30, 2014 at 20:53 #

I don’t like this dress on her, but I can see it on someone like Julia Roberts or Sandra Bullock (in other words, someone about two decades older). Not too fond of the effect created by the neckline…it almost looks like she’s wearing a gown on top of a slip dress, since the two sets of “straps” are separated.

13. Rebecca Z March 30, 2014 at 21:16 #

I think this is lovely on her and agree she seems to be happy wearing it. That said, it is not really what I would have chosen for her. Too lingerie and too old. She needs some more youthful fun gowns–her non-gown choices have been great, but the gowns have skewed a little too old. Not looking for fussy girly things, just a more youthful look.

14. JC March 30, 2014 at 21:43 #

Something about the dress is bugging me, I feel like this would have been so much better if there was a slit at the thigh area

15. Mel March 30, 2014 at 21:59 #

Perfect! I love everything, from head to toe.

During the past seasons I’ve lost my love for Stella, but this dress makes me rethink it.

16. Malinda Jane March 30, 2014 at 22:30 #

It’s too much like a fancy nightgown for me. Besides that, it’s not a look that I find really meshes particularly well with Shailene’s personality.

17. Dhppy March 31, 2014 at 02:55 #

I like this a lot, though I wish it were a little more nipped in at the waist. Then again she’s lost some weight from her The Decendants red carpet days, so maybe she’s no longer an hourglass.

18. cherrysoftness March 31, 2014 at 08:03 #

This is Stella McCartney? The teal lace is tacky, it’s like a cheap lacy top turned into a dress.

19. kane March 31, 2014 at 13:18 #

There is something bugging me about this, I can’t quite put my finger on it, maybe just a tad too much detailing in the front, but I think this is splendid, love it!