Anna Wintour In Alexander McQueen – Waverly Inn

Anna Wintour In Alexander McQueen - Waverly Inn

Anna Wintour was spotted leaving the Waverly Inn in New York City on Tuesday (March 25) after dining with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. The trio no doubt had lots to talk about following the Vogue cover controversy.

Looking somewhat oblivious to the threats of cancelled American Vogue subscriptions and calls for her retirement, the editor-in-chief did look like she was ready for battle, wearing an Alexander McQueen coat from the Spring 2014 collection.

The edgy street-elite gold-hardware-heavy black-red-and-white-striped coat with a laser-cut panel at the hem was worn over a red fit-and-flare dress, which she styled with black leather boots and a beaded necklace.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Kristin Davis In Roksanda Ilincic - 'Fatal Attraction' Press Night After Party

Kristin Davis In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘Fatal Attraction’ Press Night After Party

Emma Roberts' Aqua Graphic Crop Top And Current/Elliott High Waisted Jeans

Emma Roberts’ Aqua Graphic Crop Top And Current/Elliott High Waisted Jeans

11 Responses to Anna Wintour In Alexander McQueen – Waverly Inn

1. jeremyrain March 26, 2014 at 11:49 #

Okay, I have a theory and it may sound really crazy but hear me out: I think Anna Wintour KNOWS her time at Vogue is being counted by days and she’s so desperately taking the magazine down with her and this cover is probably the first nail on the coffin she intentionally made for herself and the magazine. I personally find this much more logical since we all know how cunning Miss Wintour is. Does anyone have serious doubt that Ms. Wintour didn’t have her last laugh when she “approved” that granny couch on Kim Kardashian??

• Cássia March 26, 2014 at 16:25 #

2. Pedro March 26, 2014 at 11:53 #

Anna looks fantastic!

3. dee March 26, 2014 at 12:30 #

I don’t like the coat. too busy.

• Yeliz March 26, 2014 at 17:38 #

4. pipsqueak March 26, 2014 at 13:42 #

I canceled my subscription, but I think subscription is a lost cause anyway. If Saint Laurent is winning, so is Anna and Kimye. Clearly, the free market rules and something is selling. Maybe our culture needs a recession to wake up :) Regardless how I feel about Kimye, I like Anna’s outfit. She looked younger. Between boots and her granny kitten heels, I’d choose boots any day.

5. Marcel March 26, 2014 at 14:25 #

As far I am concerned, Vogue and Anna are both dead to me after that cover. So, I won’t comment on a corpse.

6. Susan March 26, 2014 at 14:26 #

Very eyecatching.

7. H March 26, 2014 at 14:35 #

That is a really nice coat, althought seems as if she is ready to shoot for an editorial or something by wearing this.

Oh people please, Kate Upton has been in this cover, twice before and according to a lot of people she did not deserve it. I think nobody has the right to say so because I have been seeing her since a while and she has had a nice career with plenty of ads and now she has done tons of cover including VOGUE, twice.

Is just the same as Kim Kardashian, she is a really hard working woman and definitely represents what a lot others look up to, in business terms. And let’s remember, Anna Wintour was the first one to include celebrities on the cover of her magazine and this time she has include Kim, which was the obvious. Something I want to look at is the sales numbers, maybe the highest in years.

8. Christine March 26, 2014 at 15:36 #

Her magazine is becoming such a joke now. For shame.

This look is pretty nice on the other hand

9. Markness March 27, 2014 at 01:52 #

I don’t think she’s retiring yet. You also have to remember that Anna is the chief creative director of Conde Nast as well. So, Conde Nast is not willing to let her go. Maybe she wants a short term increase in sales of Vogue. For sure when she did this, she is not thinking of long term since she looks like a tenured Vogue EIC. LOL.

Anyways, I think she will retire on her own. Also, she needs to bulk up the content of the magazine. Vogue does not look like a fashion magazine anymore. It’s just stories of richer than air people with some editorials. Maybe they need more stories or lookbooks featuring trends and how to channel them. Just a thought.