18.03.14 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Kerry Washington 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Kerry Washington 2014 Awards Season Look

Kerry Washington was very much part of awards season, both as a presenter at many of the major events, and as a nominee for a SAG Award and Golden Globe Award for her performance in ‘Scandal’.

With so many celebs expecting this year, maternity style is taking centre stage on the red carpet right now.

While Olivia Wilde has been knocking it out of the fashion ballpark, going from fitted in Gucci to bump-concealing in Valentino, Kerry’s style has in some cases been frankly disappointing and not on a par with the fashionista we all know and love.

She started awards season glowing in Balenciaga at the Golden Globe Awards, then gorgeous at the SAG Awards nominees party, but at the main event she left me baffled by her Prada choice. It is one thing to show off your bump proudly, but on this occasion the look was highly unflattering.

An awkward yet pretty Oscar de la Renta dress followed, with a beautiful Thakoon custom look at the NAACP Image Awards, and as pretty as the Jason Wu was at the Oscars, the creases took the sheen off this look.

My favourite, looking back, was the Balenciaga, followed by the Thakoon.

Credit: Getty

Kristin Cavallari's Balmain Structured Blazer And Christian Louboutin 'Pigalle' Patent Pumps

Kristin Cavallari’s Balmain Structured Blazer And Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ Patent Pumps

Jennifer Connelly In Giambattista Valli Couture - 'Noah' Madrid Premiere

Jennifer Connelly In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘Noah’ Madrid Premiere

12 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Kerry Washington 2014 Awards Season Look?

1. Charlotte March 18, 2014 at 09:32 #

You should have asked “Which was the less awful Kerry Washington look ?” :)
    I really don’t know whiw one to chose ! The worst were her SAG Awards and Directors Guild of America Awards, by far.
    The best (or the less worst) would be the NAACP Image Awards look.

• MissCru March 18, 2014 at 13:49 #

You should have asked “Which was the less awful Kerry Washington look ?” LOL ITA

• dee March 18, 2014 at 14:06 #

LOL, I agree.

2. Alina March 18, 2014 at 10:11 #

Thakoon.

• Yeliz March 18, 2014 at 13:41 #

3. CreoleLady March 18, 2014 at 10:29 #

The GG Balenciaga was the only look I liked. I understand that not every woman wants to go skin-tight when pregnant. But heavens, that tent she wore to the Directors Guild should be burned. I have no words for that two-piece Prada, er, cropped look.

4. pinksugar March 18, 2014 at 13:51 #

She has possibly had one of the least stylish pregnancies in Hollywood yet. I’m not sure if it is due to the major over hyping of her style or what but when she got pregnant her fashion choices took a wrong turn. For me the Balenciaga is the least ‘offensive’ of the bunch. Though I can’t say I actually like any of them.

5. Beth Rodrigues March 18, 2014 at 14:31 #

Tory Burch was the least worst of the bunch..Who dressed her? there have been many more successfully dressed pregnant stars…this was a total fiasco of outfits!

6. Nat39 March 18, 2014 at 18:35 #

Her custom Thakoon was absolutely delightful, I have no complaints there – from the sweet colorful flattering gown to the playful braid – it all worked wonderfully for her. Followed by Balenciaga. Overall, her maternity style also left me underwhelmed, unfortunately.

7. Kaylah March 18, 2014 at 18:47 #

The least offensive one is the Tory Burch SAG one. I hated that weird napkin peplum thing at the GG. The cropped Prada is an atrocity, that tent nonsense should be burnt, the Thakoon looks like expensive curtains & the Jason Wu looks like a bedsheet anchored with a bobby pin.
    I honestly don’t get why she looked so bad. She’s never been a “fashionista” in my eyes but this was exceptionally bad.

8. Kaylah March 18, 2014 at 18:49 #

Tbh the Golden Globes Balenciaga gets half a vote simply because she isn’t wearing pumps for the first time in like 4 years.

9. Tess March 19, 2014 at 08:35 #