13.03.14 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Sandra Bullock 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Sandra Bullock 2014 Awards Season Look

Sandra Bullock was also one of our ones to watch during awards season following an epic run promoting ‘Gravity’. From the comments, I get the feeling she didn’t quite live up to expectations.

She kick-started her season by wearing two back-to-back Burberry Prorsum fairly laidback looks before hitting the red carpet in a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2014 look which, despite its boldness, didn’t go down too well.

By the time the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards came around, it looked like the theme for the rest of the season was strapless, as after this event she went on to wear a further four strapless looks.

While not a single look blew me away or broke me out in goosebumps, the McQueen, the Roland Mouret and the green Lanvin at the SAG Awards stood out.

My favourite? The McQueen.

Credit: Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lawrence 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Jennifer Lawrence 2014 Awards Season Look?

12 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Sandra Bullock 2014 Awards Season Look?

1. Valissa March 13, 2014 at 10:50 #

It was an overall disappointing run. The Prabal Gurang looked cheap (and creased), the lanvin at CCA looked dated and the Lanvin at SAG was unflattering.
    I do however like the Mouret, it’s a classic and refined look.
    But her only truly memorable moment was at the Oscars. I know it had a lot of critics but I thought she looked amazing and was one of my best dressed from the event.

2. Yeliz March 13, 2014 at 11:07 #

Roland Mouret at the Directors Guild of America Awards.

3. Mandy March 13, 2014 at 11:59 #

Because her Gravity promo was so wonderful, i was let down by these looks, however i think that her Oscar and Roland Mouret gowns were very beautiful.

• CreoleLady March 14, 2014 at 02:19 #

+1.

4. anjos March 13, 2014 at 12:31 #

I quite liked her Burberry outfits, as well as Stella McCartney. Since the awards season as a whole was disappointing to me, I found some more casual outfits actresses wore at smaller events more interesting than the lackluster gowns at bigger events. I’m gonna vote for Prabal Gurung though ’cause I’m sure the Oscars look will win with or without my vote anyway, but also because even though that wasn’t one of the standout looks on the red carpet that night, I think it was a very fun choice for Sandra.

5. Alina March 13, 2014 at 13:10 #

Except for her Prabal Gurung outfit (which would’ve worked, had it not been for the creases), I think she had a nice, chic, understated run. My favourite is the Alexander McQueen.

6. gabis March 13, 2014 at 13:16 #

Her Oscar look feels even more underwhelming when placed aside her other Awards Season looks. I’m surprised it got so many votes.
    I agree with anjos her casual looks ended up way more interesting than most of her big gown red carpets moments. That’s why my vote went for the Burberry Prorsum at the Baftas Tea Party. I also love her AFI and Academy Luncheon looks but my runner-up is the roland Mouret.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 13, 2014 at 13:57 #

Very unmemorable. The McQueen at the Oscars and the Lanvin at the Critic’s Choice Awards come closest to standing out. The Roland Mouret and the first two Burberrys are acceptable, but not exciting.

8. justine March 13, 2014 at 18:29 #

Her globes look, while bold, didn’t quite turn out to well. It almost seems to me that appearing on so many worst dressed lists for that scared her and she went back to playing safe for the rest of the award season. I liked the green of her sags dress, but in the end I chose the McQueen from the Oscars.

• Catherine Kallon March 13, 2014 at 22:19 #

“It almost seems to me that appearing on so many worst dressed lists for that scared her and she went back to playing safe for the rest of the award season” – I totally agree, hence the succession of a strapless gowns.

9. Nat39 March 13, 2014 at 18:32 #

McQueen at Oscars – even though I wasn’t blown away, it’s classic and the beauty look was sublime. Followed by Roland Mouret.

10. Ellie March 14, 2014 at 09:54 #

I was not dissapointed at all. Sandy looks gourgeous in any outfits, even in space suit :) I think her awards season was very impressive, i just loved her Lanvin and Roland Mouret gowns. But her Alexander McQeen gown just blown my mind. She definetely was the best dressed in this year’s Oscars.