13.03.14

ASOS Launches Tall Brands

ASOS Tall

For those of you like me, who have freakishly long arms or legs and no longer want to work the cropped-trousers or shrunken-sleeves look, and don’t want to shop at Long Tall Sally, you’ll be delighted to know that ASOS now has a Tall range which will sit alongside their popular ASOS Petite, Curve and Maternity.

While I’m very excited about this I have to ask them, what took you so long?

The collection, which has been made for those who are 5’9″/1.75m and over, features longer-length trousers and leggings, longer sleeves on tops and dresses, plus tops with longer torsos and maxis which actually reach the floor.

You can shop ASOS Tall Brands over at ASOS US and ASOS UK.

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 'Only Lovers Left Alive' New York Screening

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ New York Screening

Jessica Alba In Cartonnier & J Brand -  ‘A Denim Story’ By Emily Current, Meritt Elliott and Hilary Walsh

Jessica Alba In Cartonnier & J Brand – ‘A Denim Story’ By Emily Current, Meritt Elliott and Hilary Walsh

10 Responses to ASOS Launches Tall Brands

1. anjos March 13, 2014 at 12:13 #

I am 5’10 myself. I never understood why it’s so hard to find clothes in proper size for us tall girls when the fashion is always shown on tall models, but in retail, everything is for shorter girls. Do they think only models are tall or what?

2. CreoleLady March 13, 2014 at 13:11 #

Good for ASOS and for tall gals. I’m 5’8″, so I kinda move back and forth between regular and tall with the help of a good tailor. Thumbs up to any retailer who provides length measurements (in-seam for pants in particular).

3. Lara March 13, 2014 at 13:42 #

I’m 5′ 10″ as well, and in my country, you’re told that clothes are only made/imported for the “average size” woman. I was also told once that I’m a designer height, or something like that. I also used to ponder “why show clothes on models but then make them only fit women whose heights stop at 5′ 7″?” I’ve developed the ability to look at a pair of pants or a skirt and know it’s too short without trying it on. Tops, jackets and dresses aren’t as bad.

4. Yeliz March 13, 2014 at 13:59 #

I’m 5’11″ and I’m very happy to finally see a Tall range at ASOS!

5. Sarah March 13, 2014 at 15:33 #

I’m 5’11″ and have to agree with your statement of what took ASOS so long? It is so infuriating that every store nowadays seems to have a petite section and are seriously lacking a tall section and usually the petite section has a much larger selection! Lets cater to the masses people, we don’t all come in small packages!!

6. Annel March 13, 2014 at 16:32 #

Yesss! I’m 176 and have long legs. And exactly, what took them so long? Topshop has had a Tall range for years. But well, now it’s here and it’s great!

7. Molly March 13, 2014 at 17:08 #

Talls for girls over 5’9″? Wow, most stores talls sizes don’t go over 5’9″!
    Its just too bad that, like most stores, they don’t seem to have much for tall girls who happen to also be curvy. It seems that most retailers think that you can’t fit into both categories.

• Nikee March 13, 2014 at 20:16 #

Amen!

8. Bec March 13, 2014 at 23:10 #

Even though I’m 5’7 I might buy some dresses from this range – I have bought a few dresses from ASOS and when I get them, they barely cover my bum!! Haha :)