12.03.14 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Amy Adams 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Amy Adams 2014 Awards Season Look

Amy Adams ditched the expected enchanting gowns for a sleeker look this awards season.

Favouring London-based designers, she rocked Roksanda Ilincic, Victoria Beckham, Roland Mouret and Antonio Berardi with breathtaking results.

She was at her best when working an old-Hollywood glam look. I just love the regal vibe from her Antonio Berardi gown, which was my favourite this awards season closely followed by her Valentino Couture Golden Globes gown and her Gucci Premiere Oscars gown.

The only looks I wasn’t too fond of were her Victoria Beckham BAFTA gown and, looking back, her Carolina Herrera Vanity Fair gown lacked fizz.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole's Christian Louboutin 'So Kate' Pumps

Cheryl Cole’s Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ Pumps

Tina Fey In Antonio Berardi - 'Muppets Most Wanted' LA Premiere

Tina Fey In Antonio Berardi – ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ LA Premiere

19 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Amy Adams 2014 Awards Season Look?

1. kane March 12, 2014 at 09:19 #

The Oscars before the Globes hands down! I actually find it hard to pick a third one, because there are so many good ones but none of them stands out as a dress to me, rather what she made of it. It would probably be in between the AFIs, the SAGs and especially the Critics’ Choice.

2. Joy March 12, 2014 at 09:55 #

Gosh, another tough one to chose. I have so much respect for Amy, fashion wise. I truly loved every single look. I think if I had to pick, I’d chose the Roland Mouret. Something about that pink with her hair and skin was extra special. And of course Roland can showcase a women like no other. However, the Victoria Beckham, Valentino, and Gucci were equally as amazing.

3. Rye March 12, 2014 at 10:11 #

I think the Victoria beckham dress was not bad. It is much better than Kristin Burke dress for sure..

But my favorite is Antonio berardi at sag awards for sure. It has the old Hollywood glamour style but the cut just make the dress more impeccable and different

4. Valissa March 12, 2014 at 10:37 #

She’s not exciting on the red carpet but I have to pay her respect for being consistent, well styled and sophisticated.
    I voted for the Antonio Berardi. The fit is perfect and the colour is beautiful. It all goes amazingly well with her gorgeous red hair and red lipstick. Love!

5. CreoleLady March 12, 2014 at 11:14 #

My fave is the Mouret she wore to the Critics Choice. A different vibe from the typical Mouret structured look, esp the neckline. Love the fit and color.

6. Sophy March 12, 2014 at 12:31 #

My fav is her gilden globes look – its hard to choose though she really has done well this award season.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 12, 2014 at 15:12 #

Great colors and sleekness but some were too revealing for me. I will give the win to her Oscars look, followed by Critic’s Choice, BAFTAs, and AFI

8. Marian March 12, 2014 at 16:15 #

Golden Globes. WITH THE CAPE.

9. pinksugar March 12, 2014 at 16:40 #

I was very disappointed in Amy’s looks through out the season. None of them blew me away (especially her Oscars look. I guess my fave would have to be the Roland Mouret as it looks like the one she put the most effort into.

10. dee March 12, 2014 at 16:54 #

This is hard. She had so many great looks. The only ones I didn’t care for was the Baftas and Costume Designers Guild awards.

11. Amy March 12, 2014 at 17:01 #

the Berardi look was perfection : the dress, the hair, the makeup everything was on point.
    My second favorite is probably the pink mouret.

12. the ogre March 12, 2014 at 17:44 #

There’s something about Amy Adams in each of these dresses which made her awards season run almost perfect. She was more consistent than Lupita and close to as exciting as Cate. She breathed life into everything she put on this time around. Even though my personal favourite is the Valentino Couture gown for its lucid appeal, I voted for the perfection that was the Antonio Berardi at the SAGs. Cut, colour, shine. Most of all presentation. My third favourite is pink Roland Mouret (absolutely delightful!).

13. Nat39 March 12, 2014 at 18:58 #

Very easy choice for me – Antonio Berardi (SAG). I felt like she was at the very top of her game with this one – the bright colour, the sleek, modern and sexy cut, the fab styling, she rocked the hell out of it – it was her most inspired look.
    I adored her Oscars navy gown on her but it almost felt like she’d given up. She knew she wasn’t gonna win and went low-key and understated.

• Nat39 March 13, 2014 at 17:15 #

..and I adored her Valentino (Globes) with the cape of course.

14. Ysatis March 12, 2014 at 19:27 #

Voted the Oscar dress. I’ll never be a fan of Amy Adams’ style, but she deserves and award for most improved. Much Much Much better than list year frilly princessy tents.

15. Yeliz March 12, 2014 at 19:58 #

I’ve loved all these looks in this poll, she had an amazing run. My Top 3 are Antonio Berardi at the SAG Awards, Valentino with the cape at the Golden Globes and Gucci at the Oscars.

16. Marybeth March 12, 2014 at 20:15 #

Wow, this is a tough one.
    I voted for the Golden Globes’ Valentino look, which I especially loved with the cape.

I also loved the SAGs’ Antonio Berardi(so polished and interesting) and the Oscars’ Gucci (so simple and classic.) That pink Roland Mouret at Critics’ Choice was also outstanding.

There’s not a single look here that I dislike — and they are all so different.
    Fantastic run for Amy, I’d say!

17. dan oliver March 12, 2014 at 22:57 #

Amy has had an amazing fashion season I no some say she’s boring but I think she is classy and glamorous. My top 3 are Valentino at the globes 2 Antonio beradi at the sags and Elie Sabb at the luncheon. I also loved her Oscars gown

18. Alina March 13, 2014 at 06:01 #