Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ LA Screening

Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture - 'Only Lovers Left Alive' LA Screening

Tilda Swinton continued her promotional efforts for her movie ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ by attending the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences screening of the film held at Bing Theater at LACMA on Monday (March 10) in Los Angeles, California.

Sporting a new haircut, the Scottish actress wore Valentino Couture once again, selecting a cream fringed top and wrap skirt from the Spring 2014 Couture collection.

Her typically oversized look, with a wood-like finish, was simply styled with the same Valentino ostrich pumps we saw on the runway, and a glossy lip colour.

I know some of you are not fond of Tilda’s red carpet style, so how does this look fare?

You may remember that Cate Blanchett wore a gown in the same fabric to the Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Awards Ceremony last month.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Pixie Lott In Christian Dior - Scottish Fashion Awards 2014

Pixie Lott In Christian Dior – Scottish Fashion Awards 2014

Michelle Jenner In Andrew Gn - 23rd Union de Actores Awards

Michelle Jenner In Andrew Gn – 23rd Union de Actores Awards

9 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ LA Screening

1. Christine March 11, 2014 at 11:28 #

Washes her out and too shapeless which is making her wider than she is.

Love her but not this look

2. Martin March 11, 2014 at 11:29 #

Loved the gown on Cate and I love this ensemble on Tilda as well. Pristine, elegant, serene and sublime. It never fails to amaze me how she can make even the most conservative of looks appear so incredibly modern and edgy – there really is no-one else on the red carpet like her. BDOTW for me.

3. Valissa March 11, 2014 at 11:39 #

I like the gown version on Cate more although I don’t hate this. Tilda cam make pretty much anything work IMO

4. Alina March 11, 2014 at 11:52 #

Works for her.

5. dee March 11, 2014 at 12:44 #

Don’t like it.

6. the ogre March 11, 2014 at 14:05 #

It’s only Tilda and Cate who can make stuff like this work for them. However, I loved this fabric on Cate but I don’t quite like it on Tilda. She’s too pale to wear this shade and it completely washes her out. But then, she does carry it off elegantly.

7. gabis March 11, 2014 at 14:21 #

Monotony is the word for this one note look. A pop of colour feels desperately needed. The fitting is not the best either.
    She could’ve pulled it off beautifully as Cate did had the styling been better.

8. Yeliz March 11, 2014 at 21:30 #

This doesn’t work. I don’t like most of the fringed pieces from this collection.

9. kane March 12, 2014 at 08:35 #

I actually love the close up, the way the colour matches her hair, well done. But the rest, no, no way.