10.03.14

Sarah Jessica Parker In Dolce & Gabbana - The SJP Collection In Salon Shoes Launch At Nordstrom

Sarah Jessica Parker launched her shoe line at Nordstrom Aventura Mall on Saturday (March 8) in Aventura, Florida.

It would appear that layering is SJP’s new fashion thing and, while it has been mildly successful during the previous two outings, the look is all over the place on this occasion.

Her red lace Dolce & Gabbana dress is cute enough, but when paired with the white long-sleeved shirt and grey stirrup tights, it starts to become a tad ridiculous.

The dress with a cute cropped blazer would’ve been preferred.

The actress completed her look with a pair of SJP ‘Carrie’ T-bar pumps, a pearl necklace and a gold fringed House of Lavande necklace.

Yay or nay on SJP’s styling?

_8758622

You can buy Sarah’s SJP ‘Carrie’ T-Strap Pumps from Nordstrom.

Credit: Getty

41 Comments
Maria Bello In Nicholas Oakwell Couture - Canadian Screen Awards

Maria Bello In Nicholas Oakwell Couture – Canadian Screen Awards

Kristen Bell In Naeem Khan - ‘Veronica Mars’ SXSW Film Festival Premiere

Kristen Bell In Naeem Khan – ‘Veronica Mars’ SXSW Film Festival Premiere

41 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Dolce & Gabbana – The SJP Collection In Salon Shoes Launch At Nordstrom

1. mimmi March 10, 2014 at 12:53 #

She looks so bad.

• Christine March 10, 2014 at 16:16 #

This is so awful!!!!!!!! I can’t

2. Kate March 10, 2014 at 12:56 #

The white shirt I maybe could’ve gotten on board with, but the tights totally ruin the look.

• gabis March 10, 2014 at 13:08 #

I agree. As it is I only like her hair and makeup.

3. Charlotte March 10, 2014 at 12:57 #

This look is ridiculous.
    Nothing work together : the necklace, the shirt and the grey tights (?!) are totally not necessary !

4. Pam March 10, 2014 at 12:57 #

Must be a mid-life crisis, dressing like a twelve year old lately.

• Nat39 March 10, 2014 at 17:48 #

What is it with her lately, indeed?? She is like a young girl experimenting with the clothes or a grandma playing dressup in the kids’ closet, looking plain ridiculous lately.

5. Caro Chanel March 10, 2014 at 13:02 #

I have no words for this. She never was the style icon everyone wanted her to be but this is beyond bad. I didn’t think it could get worse but it did. These grey tights ruin everyting and the shoes are too conservative. They could have worked with jeans or anything cool. Oh boy, maybe I could have liked the red dress with the white blouse, but SJP took it too far. Is she going through some sort of midlife crisis?

6. alice March 10, 2014 at 13:04 #

hurts my eyes..

• CreoleLady March 10, 2014 at 14:57 #

LOL. Goodness, is this what she thinks her target market wants to look like?

7. manja March 10, 2014 at 13:15 #

WTF?tha last outfit was bad,but this one is beyond bad,nothing is working here.and not liking the shoes collection either,so plain,uninspired

• Yeliz March 10, 2014 at 17:57 #

ITA. She gets worse with each look.

• Yeliz March 10, 2014 at 17:58 #

Actually, I think this is a WDOTY contender.

8. kane March 10, 2014 at 13:29 #

Not only nay, but also: worse.

9. arang March 10, 2014 at 13:41 #

Do not understand. She doesn’t seem particularly comfortable either.

10. liz March 10, 2014 at 13:43 #

This makes her look so old and sad and try-hard. :(

11. from-chitown March 10, 2014 at 13:45 #

Its awful. She needs an intervention.

12. Maria March 10, 2014 at 13:53 #

These tights are unbelievably ugly. They are like stirrup leggings (were these pants called like this?). And I think even in the 80s when they might have been fashionable, they looked bad. And in semi-transparent grey, they are just awful, awful, awful. Where does one even find one of those, I cannot imagine anyone but SJP would want to wear this!?

• cherrysoftness March 11, 2014 at 01:27 #

Stirrup leggings! I hated these growing up and remember telling my mom that I didn’t understand why people wore them and accidentally making her feel so bad (she wore them; I was an idiot baby). I just found them so ugly. Interestingly two decades later I still find them hideous and am amazed to see them. I echo your cry: why? WHY?

13. pinksugar March 10, 2014 at 14:12 #

This promo tour has been very disappointing. From denim overalls to the constant long sleeves and tights. Her inner Carries desperately needs to break free and save the day!

14. Moxie March 10, 2014 at 14:24 #

The only thing I can see is stirrup leggings and strappy shoes! Huge no-no. Absolutely terrible look. Stirrup leggings should only be worn when your feet are completely covered, like with boots.

15. H March 10, 2014 at 14:24 #

I think this just proves her style is just so so, I think people wants her to dress like her character in that tv show she used to be and although I have never seen it on tv, just in pictures, she definitely doesn’t. She has only looked really good promoting the movie lead by the series, the other looks are just ok, at least for me.

16. Kiran March 10, 2014 at 14:54 #

She’s clearly having a Dolce & Gabbana moment because she’s worn them for the past 6 posts. Like Anna Wintour, it appears SJP also let’s the same necklaces feature prominently in her looks.

17. e March 10, 2014 at 14:57 #

It’s so awful I want to consider it as one of my WDOTY…

18. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion blog) March 10, 2014 at 15:27 #

Tragic.

19. Marina March 10, 2014 at 16:47 #

Dear lord! What happened?? I can’t watch this anymore, she is ruining Carry for me!

20. Joy March 10, 2014 at 17:03 #

Are you serious? This is going from BAD to WORSE. I agree with other comments, this is the WDOTY or maybe the century.

She needs an intervention and some help down the aging gracefully aisle.

21. Britta March 10, 2014 at 17:18 #

I don’t understand that you always talk about tights as a bad thing. During wintertime me and my girlfriends wear them all the time. They are very much needed in the winter. And I always loved pantyhose, tights and leggings for winter use. I would freeze to death without…

22. Alina March 10, 2014 at 17:18 #

What in the world is this? o_O

23. Camille March 10, 2014 at 17:24 #

What the frack?? She wore this in Florida?? For a real event?? Not some kind of dress up like a bag lady/6 year old child kind of thing?? Mind boggling. If I was an investor and this was how my star stylist showed up for an event to push a new line of shoes, I’d be livid. There are no words. Does she want this project to fail?? Who would this appeal to?? I’m just bumfuzzled. What is she thinking these days?? Seriously. Looks like she grabbed stuff from the dirty clothes hamper and threw it on.

24. heather March 10, 2014 at 19:00 #

Does anyone else think it looks like she has grey shadow down the sides of her hairline? I’ve noticed this about her in other photos too, and I wonder if it’s actually makeup on the sides of her face, or an unusual shadow effect from her hair? I’ve never seen shadows like that on anyone else.

25. the ogre March 10, 2014 at 19:29 #

This is plain awful and those leggings just do it for me! They’re worse than the whole look put together.

26. Kim March 10, 2014 at 20:47 #

Whoa please include this as a reminder for worst dressed at the end of the year

27. Julia... March 10, 2014 at 21:03 #

ooo this combination is no good. It looks like she grabbed thnigs from the closet with her eyes closed.

28. sammy March 10, 2014 at 21:06 #

I was actually watching Sex And The City the other day and I was thinking “wow this lady *had style” and then I look at this and I’m just like oookay #confused

29. sharizal_samah March 11, 2014 at 02:34 #

a hot mess!

30. Noemi March 11, 2014 at 08:17 #

A huge nay! WDOTY contender, for me. She killed a cute DG dress!

31. Saree March 11, 2014 at 11:31 #

WDOTY for sure, thus far. But this has got to be one of the worst looks I’ve ever seen. However it doesn’t shock me to find it on SJP as I’ve never been a fan of her style, nor thought her to ever have a great taste. Purely that a popular show put her on the fashion map unintentionally.

32. Lashae March 11, 2014 at 12:53 #

This whole outfit, from top to bottom is so ugly. I don’t see anything I like about it. I consider so far one of the WDOTY nominees.

33. revital March 14, 2014 at 10:03 #

I will not write again how ugly the outfit is but looking at SJP’s face is a clear demonstration that money cannot buy a good complexion, no matter how much money you spenf on cosmetic treatments and creams.
    I am sure she is using the best products money can buy and the best professionals are probably treating her, and she still looks 10 years older than her chronological age…
    My conclusion is: stop spending too much on expensive facials and creams, if you want to look younger go to a surgeon…

34. RockandDors March 17, 2014 at 03:02 #