10.03.14 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Cate Blanchett 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Cate Blanchett 2014 Awards Season Look2

Cate Blanchett, like Lupita Nyong’o, was one to watch this awards season.

Looking back, there weren’t as many wow moments as I was hoping for.

I loved her two Armani Prive looks – though this is no surprise as the actress is always radiant in Armani – but my overall favourite was the Givenchy look at the AACTA Awards as it was such an unexpected look from Cate.

The letdowns were Prada at the nominees’ luncheon, the lack of drama from McQueen at the BAFTAs, and the shoe choices with her fabulous Antonio Berardi and Roksanda Ilincic looks.

Credit: Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Which Was Your Favourite Amy Adams 2014 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Amy Adams 2014 Awards Season Look?

25 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Cate Blanchett 2014 Awards Season Look?

1. Joy March 10, 2014 at 16:58 #

Gosh, I don’t even know if I can pick. These all are so exceptional! I think I have to agree that I would pick either Armani Prive dress, but something about the Givenchy from the AACTA’s stands out to me as well. I actually really liked both Givenchy looks. Seriously, each look is a winner. It’s impossible for me to pick.

2. Alina March 10, 2014 at 17:13 #

Armani Prive at the Oscars. Overall, this wasn’t the run I was hoping for.

• Charlotte March 10, 2014 at 19:38 #

I agree.
      I was a little bit disappointed by Cate Blanchett this year.

3. from-chitown March 10, 2014 at 17:14 #

Definitely the Armani Prive from the Golden Globes. It was definitely breath taking.

4. Nat39 March 10, 2014 at 17:19 #

Gyvenchy at AACTA was easily my fave. The striking drama of colour and sequins and spectacular dual-colour skirt – the look was bold and had that special strong edge that was missing from most of her looks this year. I was also hoping for more from her this season.
    Her Roksanda llincic dress was another cool, unusual and exciting choice, I absolutely loved it, too bad it was let down by the shoes.

• Nat39 March 10, 2014 at 17:35 #

…and Prada was her weakest imo.

5. dee March 10, 2014 at 17:29 #

GG black Armani Prive look. While her Oscars gown was stunning I felt it washed her out.

6. kane March 10, 2014 at 17:47 #

I’m a bit underwhelmed as well. I guess the ladies are such frequent guests on this site that a rundown of what actually was an awards look has to leave many other winners out by the nature of the poll. I bet the Oscar dress will win this–it certainly has grown on me too. I’ll give this to the Givenchy/AACTA, as it had me straight at hello. My top 3 are

1. Givenchy/ACCTA
    2. Armani Privé/Oscars
    3. Armani Privé/Globes

7. dan oliver March 10, 2014 at 17:51 #

So happy to see this poll I loved her in Armani at the Oscars and the Givenchy at the NAACTA there a joint first also Armani at the globes was stunning

8. Yeliz March 10, 2014 at 18:05 #

Armani Privé at the Golden Globe Awards.

9. the ogre March 10, 2014 at 18:57 #

1. Givenchy at AACTA
    2. Givenchy at SAGs
    3. Armani Prive at Oscars

Yes, this was a bit of a disappointing run from the likes of Cate but there was something sure about each look that no one else in my opinion can emulate. She’s confident and effortless in whatever she wears. But the Givenchy at AACTA and Givenchy Couture looks are those unique and unexpected looks that make her the style icon she is.

10. Valissa March 10, 2014 at 19:24 #

In hindsight it is a tad underwhelming…not that she looked bad in anything, just not spectacular in everything.
    The looks I thought were spectacular though are:

Armani at GG
    Givenchy at NAACTA
    Armani at Oscars
    Honorable mention: Givenchy at SAG (because I simply love that soft pink on her gorgeous and glowy complexion)

Overall the clear winner for me is Armani at the Globes. It’s such a stunning dress with the perfect amount of drama for the red carpet! And she looked exceptional in it!

11. Marybeth March 10, 2014 at 19:31 #

1. Givenchy at NAACTA
    2. Lanvin at Critics Choice
    3. Armani Prive at Golden Globes
    4. Armani Prive at Oscars

The Givenchy was stunning, the kind of interesting yet classic look that Cate can do so well. The whole color scheme of the dress and make-up were so flattering to her. Gorgeous.

The Armanis were very lovely. Her polished styling, as usual, was spot-on.

As for the simple Lanvin, what can I say? I just love the “coolness” of it.

I did NOT like the Antonio Berardi, the Prada, or the SAGs Givenchy, though I always appreciate Cate’s risk-taking.

All in all, it was a good run!

12. Anne Gallagher March 10, 2014 at 19:38 #

When you see all her looks together, you realize how well she did. Her Oscar look wins the day for me. She simply dazzled that night. I also like the look she wore to the Golden Globes. I know I am in the minority, but I do love the Roksanda dress she wore to the Independent Spirit Awards.

• EmmaWoodhouse March 10, 2014 at 19:55 #

Agree on all points! I think she did great. The Armanis were my favorite, but I loved the Roksanda, Lanvin and Berardi…plus almost none of the looks were *bad* in my opinion.

13. Kathy March 11, 2014 at 00:12 #

The Givenchy is my favorite, with the Armani from the Oscars in a close second. Lovely looks from Cate this awards season…she really played around with different styles, silhouettes, and hair/makeup.

• Kathy March 11, 2014 at 00:13 #

*the Givenchy from the NAACTA Awards

14. Sara March 11, 2014 at 00:58 #

Thank you so much for all the coverage- the past few weeks have been brilliant!
    I hope you do a poll for Amy Adams too!
    Surprisingly, I loved the Lanvin here, with the contrast against her skin and that gorgeous makeup. Both the Armani dresses are lovely too :)

15. sharizal_samah March 11, 2014 at 06:26 #

not really a smashing awards tour

16. Nancy L. March 11, 2014 at 06:35 #

Nailed it on the head FC! I really expected more wow moments from Cate, though I agree with most in saying she looked good consistently for her awards run. I definitely am really impressed with her versatility and experimentation along all the looks.

My favorite is definitely the Givenchy from the AACTA. Coincidentially, another favorite look from Cate came from last year AACTA’s too. That Armani Prive…*sigh*.

17. Fiona - Perth March 11, 2014 at 08:18 #

I probably also lean towards the AACTA Givenchy gown for same reasons, it looked even more spectacular under the lights on stage. Close runners are the Armani Golden Globes gown, the Givenchy at the SAGS and Oscars Armani. She may not have popped like Lupita every time, but she has been around a lot longer and she is so comfortable in her style that it looks a lot easier than it probably is.

18. CreoleLady March 11, 2014 at 09:55 #

I found her terribly inconsistent on the red carpet and liked only 4 out of the 9 looks here.

19. k6wing March 11, 2014 at 14:13 #

Armani Privé @ Golden Globe Awards!!! The gown was exquisite!