Best Dressed Of The Week - Lupita Nyong'o In Prada, Kate Hudson In Atelier Versace & Pink In Elie Saab Couture

With so many great looks to hit the red carpet last week you had trouble picking a clear favourite, so the honour was shared between the fairytale Prada gown worn by Lupita Nyong’o and Kate Hudson’s caped creation from Atelier Versace.

I still have goosebumps from Pink’s Elie Saab Couture red embellished gown. Even though I had this on my wish list for Jessica Chastain, the singer looked outstanding in her Oscar performance look.

BDOTW men

When it came to the fellas, Jared Leto’s Saint Laurent ivory-and-white suit was your favourite; even though Matthew McConaughey wore a similar look, Jared’s red bow tie and ombre locks probably clinched the win for him.

My pick was Joshua Jackson, who won me over in his maroon-hued Berluti suit. The colour won me over.

Credit: Getty

Emma Watson In Givenchy - Vogue Foundation Gala

Emma Watson In Givenchy – Vogue Foundation Gala

Rita Ora In Prada - Out In New York City

Rita Ora In Prada – Out In New York City

8 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Lupita Nyong’o In Prada, Kate Hudson In Atelier Versace & Pink In Elie Saab Couture

1. amers March 10, 2014 at 12:37 #

Pink was my first choice too! This will always be my dream dress… God bless Elie Saab

• Anj March 10, 2014 at 18:33 #

Agreed. She looked amazing on stage and I am so glad this was recognized as best dressed.

2. Lena March 10, 2014 at 14:14 #

In my opinion it’s very hard (almost impossible) to look bad in an Elie Saab dress that’s why I never give credit to or vote for those who wear them. Lupita looked ethereal not only because of the gown.

3. Nat39 March 10, 2014 at 15:41 #

Three deep V plunges. There is no question who wears it best. Kade Hudson by a long mile.
    Didn’t get the excitement about Pink. We had a big red Elie Saab gown moment last year – courtesy of Taylor Swift and she was showstoppingly amazing in it, it actually suited her.

4. Ana March 10, 2014 at 16:35 #

Pink was my favorite too!! That was my favorite look from the Elie Saab fall couture collection and Pink wore it very well. The perfect look for an amazing performance!!

5. Joy March 10, 2014 at 17:12 #

I got the goosebumps too, so I’m totally feeling your love for Pink. I felt the exact same way. It was totally unexpected, but fashion is based on emotions. And the bottom line is all these choices were great, but the Elie Saab made me feel a different way than the others so it was my top choice as well.

6. dee March 10, 2014 at 18:38 #

My best dressed didn’t make it, Camille Alves and Michael B. Jordan. Lupita looked pretty but I was expecting more. I loved Kate’s gown but I thought she looked washed out. Pink’s gown doesn’t suit her imo. I don’t like Jared’s hair or big red bowtie. I thought the color of Joshua’s suit looked informal and unflattering on him.

• Nat39 March 10, 2014 at 21:03 #

re: men. Jared’s look, while polished, is better suited to a host, and I didn’t think Joshua was the sharpest out there (I don’t know what it is, it can be just this photo, the fit/cut of the jacket seems a bit off, or is it askew bowtie..)