Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture – ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ LA Premiere

Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture -  '300 Rise Of An Empire' LA Premiere

Eva Green made a welcome return to the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’ held at TCL Chinese Theatre on Tuesday (March 4) in Hollywood, California.

The French actress, who had an all-black phase for a while, switched things up with a greige Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture embellished chiffon gown with a built-in cape detail.

I love the greige colour against her milky complexion and the addition of the rouge lip for a pop of colour.

Very old-Hollywood glam.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Willow Shields In Emanuel Ungaro – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Brandy Norwood In Alexander McQueen - 45th NAACP Image Awards Non-Televised Awards

Brandy Norwood In Alexander McQueen – 45th NAACP Image Awards Non-Televised Awards

22 Responses to Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture – ’300: Rise Of An Empire’ LA Premiere

1. Jones19 March 5, 2014 at 09:32 #

She looks great but I’m so bored with these types of dresses, the color is very drab.

• Christine March 5, 2014 at 10:33 #

Feel like she wore something like this before. Hair and makeup gorgeous though

2. Charlotte March 5, 2014 at 09:55 #

She looks good but this is so déjà vu.

3. Jessie March 5, 2014 at 10:41 #

I love Eva but I’m disappointed by this look as I am sick of seeing Elie Saab dresses. Each one is déjà Vu. I don’t think he is the king of red carpet any longer. Celebs just seem to chose him cuz his factory looks are safe. I prefer Ralph Russo, Oakwell, and Stephane Rolland. Each season they give us something different.

4. kane March 5, 2014 at 10:53 #

She’s done far worse on the red carpet, but I don’t like it when she pairs alabaster skin with dark hair and a deep lip colour or otherwise too strong make up.

5. Valissa March 5, 2014 at 11:10 #

I think people are generally too hard on Elie Saab. He actually does make a variety of different dresses. Plenty of his dresses don’t have sequins (Pre-fall 2014), he also makes beautiful short dresses, floral dresses and patterned dresses(Spring 2014) not to mention that almost all his RTW shows feature pants/jumpsuits.
    But for some reason celebrities/stylists insist on his long sequin dresses for the red carpet and it ends up looking repetitive. I get that it’s his signature but why not change it up a little if you want to wear Saab and still look different?

In regards to Eva, I still think she looks incredible. Love the back of the dress and BIG thumbs up for her hair and makeup!

• SilentVisitor March 5, 2014 at 11:21 #

• ana March 5, 2014 at 12:23 #

We’ve seen a lot of Elie Saab dresses very close together and they’ve almost all been sequined sparkly dresses, so it feels like this is repetitive. Every Elie Saab at the Oscars/Oscars parties were different colours and cuts, but they were all sparkly sequined dresses and similar in style. The ‘tired-of-this’ factor may also be because there were a lot of whites and nudes and blush tones on the red carpet.

Regardless, I honestly can’t recall off the top of my head if Eva’s ever worn Elie Saab before or even sparkly nude type gowns. I guess we expect Eva to do something different/against the grain, so we’re disappointed when she doesn’t, even when she looks really, really great.

• deborah March 5, 2014 at 19:10 #

Except that Elie’s mid seasons look like mimics of Roland, his non embellished dresses mimic Monique, and his pant suits mimic Maxime. He’s a highly overrated, overexposed designer. Pick your color, pick your shape, pick your length; haute couture catalog designer.

• Valissa March 5, 2014 at 20:25 #

I see where you’re coming from, Saab isn’t my favourite designer either but I still have a lot of respect for what he tries to accomplish…and that’s to make women feel beautiful. He’s not Rocardo Tisci or Marc Jacobs and he doesn’t try to be. He’s not a ground breaker or a risk taker, he simply makes beautiful dresses in gorgeous colours and flattering silhouettes. And for that I am grateful because it adds that extra bit of beauty every fashion season.
          But I can understand why so many people don’t like him…to each their own :)

• amy kurrle March 5, 2014 at 20:41 #

Did anyone read the Vanity Fair article on Hollywood stylists? As an aspiring fashion designer I was excited to read the article and it really opened my eyes to so much of what stylists really have to go through for just 1 look. I appreciate seeing red carpet dressing so much more now knowing what goes into it and my critiques aren’t as harsh knowing that access may have been denied. Given that, I was a bit taken a back and disgusted by segment regarding Elie Saab in which his press officer discussed the direction. It was overly pretentious and outright degrading to the public. I understand that the prices of couture are only for the most wealthy, but to say that you aren’t worried about holding up the buyer at Barney because you have Queens and Princess’ on the line is a bit self righteous. There have also been many unknowns that have worn the brand, or worn the brand poorly and it did not tarnish the sales I’m sure. So for the press person to go on about how they only dress the most A-List of A-list made Elie Saab sound even more grotesque. Just as my viewpoint has changed on red carpet dressing and I really appreciate the work that stylists do, my viewpoint has dramatically and negatively now changed on the Elie Saab brand.

• ana March 6, 2014 at 07:02 #

I didn’t read that article, but disrespecting your customer base or seen to be disrespecting them (and then having that printed in an article) is in no way considered good business sense. I’m sure all designers see one type of customer as more ‘important’ for business — celebrities and so on, but to talk about it and be so dismissive isn’t in good taste.

(This is why I really like the way Victoria Beckham talks about her customers, and runs her line)

• Nasim March 7, 2014 at 01:28 #

+10000000 Disrespect loses my respect. I read it. Shame on him for saying that! Re Eva: the dress has been done before and Angie has worn the same design many a time from other designers but better. Looks sloppy. Her beauty is nice tho.

• dee March 5, 2014 at 13:10 #

6. JC March 5, 2014 at 12:20 #

Meh, Elie Saab is boring, it’s always so similar season to season.

7. Anne Gallagher March 5, 2014 at 12:30 #

The Elie Saab Fall 2013 collection is everywhere isn’t it? Eva Green looks every inch the star in this gown.

8. the ogre March 5, 2014 at 12:40 #

Oh! It’s such a pleasure to see Eva Green on the red carpet again but I’m not at all impressed by her choice of dress. I mean, Elie Saab has a lot more to offer than just the same-y sequinned and floaty gowns that you can’t tell apart. Why do celebrities go for the same stuff? There are other colours, other embellishments, other silhouettes, lengths, designs, prints, so much! Yet, we get to see similar Elie Saab gowns more often than not. But I do love her hair and make up. Her eyes are captivating, aren’t they?

9. CreoleLady March 5, 2014 at 13:58 #

H/T to Jones19, drab is the perfect word to describe the color. I tried to like this greige. But this look overall reminds me too much of Angelina Jolie’s Oscar look — drab and mumsy, even with the slash of red across the lips.

10. E March 5, 2014 at 14:47 #

I’m so glad Eva Green is back on the red carpet! I hope this is just the first of many glamorous 300 premiere looks. The dress is nothing new, but she wears it so well she still gets a major thumbs up from me.

11. from-chitown March 5, 2014 at 15:00 #

I am tired of these dresses – nude/greige color with sequins. Nothing too original or ground breaking. Especially after seeing so many of them on the Oscar red carpet, this look does not work for me.

12. Alina March 5, 2014 at 15:09 #

It isn’t bad, but it’s a tame look for her.
    I still remember her AMAZING Christian Dior look from some years ago. <3

13. Yeliz March 5, 2014 at 15:25 #

She looks gorgeous IMO, I love it.