03.03.14

Anne Hathaway In Gucci – Oscars 2014

AnneHathawayInGucciOscars2014

Anne Hathaway was a breath of fresh air at the 2014 Oscars on Sunday (March 2), held at Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre.

The ‘Song One’ star and presenter for the evening looked fresh and modern in a design by Gucci.

The black silk crepe column gown featured a crystal embroidered detail on the bust and waist, which was one of the most eye-catch details of the evening. One of my favourite red carpet looks of the night, the halter neck and slim silhouette gown was a beautiful example of modern, edgy glamour.

Anne accessorized her gown with Gucci shoes and a black plexiglass clutch. To allow her minimalist look to shine, Anne smartly kept her jewels and makeup minimal.

Do you love Anne’s red carpet style as much as I do?

Credit: Getty

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Idina Menzel In Vera Wang - Oscars 2014

Idina Menzel In Vera Wang – Oscars 2014

30 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Gucci – Oscars 2014

1. Christine March 3, 2014 at 01:26 #

SO not feeling her style lately. Boring

2. Anj March 3, 2014 at 01:27 #

She looks good but it’s lacking that extra pizazz needed for the Oscar’s.

3. Yeliz March 3, 2014 at 01:28 #

Thankfully the gown has the embroidered detail on the bust, because it keeps the look at least a bit interesting. But still, I don’t think that this is Oscars material.

4. Laura March 3, 2014 at 01:28 #

The cut looks really similar to her dress last year. This one is much better.

5. Maru Miller March 3, 2014 at 01:29 #

It is the same dress as last year’s only different designer and different colour

6. Leela March 3, 2014 at 01:31 #

Why does it feel like her hair is taking forever to grow back? I’m so distracted by her false lashes on one of the eyes, it makes her look funny.
    But the dress is okay-ish, now Oscar wow.

7. EmmaWoodhouse March 3, 2014 at 01:34 #

She’s been kind of low on style lately in my book…lots of dark, minimalist stuff. this is nice on her, and a DEFINITE improvement on last year (what wouldn’t be?) but the top isn’t really flattering and the whole look isn’t super memorable.

8. marcel March 3, 2014 at 01:41 #

Insipide and anodyne. Totally forgetable. She is boring .

9. Peony March 3, 2014 at 01:45 #

So bored by this.

10. sophie March 3, 2014 at 01:46 #

All i’m getting is a whole bunch of meh! Meh, meh meh, meh, MEH.

I have never been enamored by this woman like so many other fashion disciples, but i remember a time when she and Diane Kruger would dominate, and its quite the pity and ironic that they have both regressed at the same time.

This is last years dress done slightly better, and i disliked last years dress equally as much.

11. Erin March 3, 2014 at 01:49 #

She is a complete yawn-fest.

12. Alicat March 3, 2014 at 02:06 #

She is certainly keeping to this minimalist, chic style. It does suit her. I guess whether one likes it or not is a matter of taste.

13. Mari March 3, 2014 at 02:41 #

I like it, it’s in keeping with her new modern style, simple and chic. The bodice could have been better-fitted and a bit more jewelry would have been ok, but overall thumbs up.

She had her big moment last year, this year she’s just presenting and this is perfect for that.

Am glad she didn’t go for frilly overwrought Valentino or another twee Prada.

14. Catherine March 3, 2014 at 02:47 #

Beautiful choice! I loved this gown as it sparkled as she was presenting. I was one of the few who loved her Prada gown last year, but I am glad she chose a more modern yet elegant gown this year!

15. Amanda March 3, 2014 at 02:48 #

I wasn’t too sure about this dress until I saw her walk out to present – she looked amazing in it and the crystal detail lit up her face beautifully on television. I think it was a great choice.

16. cherrysoftness March 3, 2014 at 02:58 #

Terrible. It’s like she’s channeling Annette Bening but seems more focused on her age than her energy. She is either slouching or the cut is making her look like she is, and the crystal detailing ends at a weird, lazy line. And the lip color is so dead – it’s perfect for a white blouse, maybe, likely a beautiful choice for her but not with this gown. The whole effect is so… ageing.

17. Jess2 March 3, 2014 at 03:34 #

I love it! She looks beautiful and was stunning on stage.

18. Nat39 March 3, 2014 at 04:55 #

Nice but she’s done similar looks before. It’s in the same ballpark as her Burberry look at BAFTAs last year. I was hoping she’d switch things up.

19. Alina March 3, 2014 at 04:56 #

I think this was a perfect choice for her. Gorgeous!!

20. dani March 3, 2014 at 05:31 #

Disappointing… that is eating her waist right up.

• Iva March 3, 2014 at 09:22 #

21. Quinn March 3, 2014 at 09:10 #

She looks ok. I have big hope for her tonight because we all know that she has switched stylist. But seriously, its the same boring Anne we’ve been seeing.

22. kane March 3, 2014 at 10:27 #

Why on earth would she go with this silhouette again?! Terrible.

23. Joy March 3, 2014 at 11:49 #

All I could think was it was the same cut as last years dress, which I hated. I didn’t hate this, and I thought she looked lovely. But I was very distracted by thinking it was that horrible Prada all over again.

24. sam March 3, 2014 at 12:11 #

I think she had a statement to make after last year, and this dress was her way of doing that. A lot of people have commented how the silhouette looks similar to last year’s look but when I first saw it I thought that it was done on purpose to say that last year was a fluke. It’s not the most outstanding dress, but I think it’s perfect considering she was presenting instead of receiving an award this year.

25. Tamia March 3, 2014 at 19:45 #

VERY 80s tacky-this is what you get when you leave Rachel Zoe Anne, just awful.

26. the ogre March 3, 2014 at 20:56 #

I’m disappointed again! Two of my favourites have been big letdowns. This is uncannily the same silhouette as last year. That gown looks like it could do with some more body. I don’t know. I just can’t pinpoint just what’s wrong here. Her Burberry gown which has been likened to this one was far superior and she looked fabulous in that! This I can’t get on board with.

27. Sharon March 4, 2014 at 01:13 #

I love Anne, and it was so nice to see a dress that wasn’t blush lace. I wish I could look this good in a gown like this one. I’m also glad she’s keeping the short hair.

28. alice March 4, 2014 at 09:39 #

enough with this hair!!she needs a change,it makes her look 50 years old and coming from the 80′s!!

29. Anne Gallagher March 5, 2014 at 16:45 #

This is one one of favourite looks of the night.