Ahna O’Reilly In Elie Saab – Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Ahna O'Reilly In Elie Saab - Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Ahna O’Reilly also attended the 2014 Film Independent Spirit Awards, hosted on Saturday (March 1) at Santa Monica Beach in California.

The actress skipped a frock in favour of an Elie Saab Spring 2014 ensemble, consisting of a creamy-white top, embellished in watercolour florals, and matching high-waisted, tailored pants.

While we certainly aren’t accustomed to seeing a non-gown Elie Saab moment on the red carpet, this look had the potential to be every bit as stunning as those dresses.

However, I was missing the crisp, bright appeal that captivated me on the runway. A victim perhaps of poor styling, the chic separates were weighed down by clunky Aldo platform sandals and a garish hot-pink clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Melonie Diaz In Preen - Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Melonie Diaz In Preen – Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Kristen Bell In Reem Acra - Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

Kristen Bell In Reem Acra – Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

8 Responses to Ahna O’Reilly In Elie Saab – Film Independent Spirit Awards 2014

1. Yeliz March 2, 2014 at 00:12 #

I’ve loved this gorgeous summery collection and I’m happy to see it again on the red carpet, but sadly I don’t like neither the clutch nor the shoes. And the creases on the pants also bother me a bit.

• Alina March 2, 2014 at 05:48 #

Agree with everything.

2. Christine March 2, 2014 at 00:12 #

Very pretty but it looks better on the runway

3. Nat39 March 2, 2014 at 00:16 #

Crisp and beautiful on the runway, disappointing on Ahna, agreed. It’s unflattering on her, the creases on the pants are distracting and her styling is off (including the hair).

4. Mandy March 2, 2014 at 00:21 #

Could have been so fantastic, but yes the styling was poor. Why do celebs insist on wearing creased pants? Maybe they don’t notice.

5. easyBlake March 2, 2014 at 01:12 #

I’ll be the odd one out – I like this look very much. Maybe a smaller purse, but the punch of hot pink is complementary on my computer screen and the pants hit at a good place, at least they aren’t too long. I also like the lipstick shade.

I’ve asked before how some celebs keep their clothing crease-free if they ride to an event in their clothing, but I don’t think anyone answered. In any case, creases are unfortunate, but I don’t let it sway my opinion too much. That’s what happens to some fabrics when they’re worn.

• Ev March 2, 2014 at 16:07 #

+1 (and I’ve wondered that about the creases as well!)

6. oksana March 3, 2014 at 07:49 #

That gorgeous dress killed with that shoes