27.02.14

Anna Dello Russo Front Row @ Milan Fashion Week

Anna Dello Russo Milan Fashion Week

A front row just wouldn’t be complete without Anna Dello Russo. And over the final days at Milan Fashion Week, she didn’t disappoint our expectations in an array of colourful, tactile, embellished and printed pieces.

Gucci Fall 2014: Wearing the same Saint Laurent Spring 2014 white one-shoulder lip embellished top and black cigarette pants that Hailee Steinfeld wore late last year, Anna channelled the 80s front row at the Gucci fall 2104 show by layering her pants over a pair of kitten heel ankle boots and accessorising with a mini metallic duffle bag. I find the single long glove an odd addition, but then this is Anna Dello Russo, and I much prefer the look styled with patent courts as it was on the runway.

Aquilano Rimondi: Channelling Spring’s global traveller trend, Anna wore an intricately and heavily beaded Emilio Pucci Spring 2014 dress to the Aquilano Rimondi Fall 2014 show. In true Anna Dello Russo style, she teamed one of her signature wide leather waist belts over the dress and added a pop of colour with a turquoise BVLGARI bag. While this is quite colourful and not your average day-look, the dress is actually quite stunning and the shoes are exotically wonderful. I think the belt is unnecessary but overall this is one of her more restrained and carefully thought-out looks.

Dolce & Gabbana: A high-shine red Dolce & Gabbana dress with Roman gold coin belt ensured Anna Dello Russo was one of the stand-out guests on the front row of the aforementioned designer’s Fall 2014 show. With ruche detailing and billowing round shoulders, this was certainly a statement-making dress that only someone with Anna’s long, lean figure could wear but it still isn’t the most flattering on Anna. The colour does however complement her deep tan and I love the fact she went for a mini bag – clearly a new favourite shape for Anna.

Marni Fall 2014: After dipping into the 80s and tribal trends, Anna pulled out all the stops for the Marni Fall 2014 show in a stand-out sports luxe look. Wearing a magnificent embellished bomber and matching pencil skirt from the Marni Spring 2014 collection, Anna teamed with chunky black zip-front ankle boots. I loved this look on the catwalk but styled with a slogan cap just makes it look slightly ridiculous. The turquoise BVLGARI bag also jars with the sportiness of the rest of the look, so altogether this is not a great look from Anna.

Credit: Getty

Daisy Bevan In Roksanda Ilincic - 'The Two Faces of January' Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Daisy Bevan In Roksanda Ilincic – ‘The Two Faces of January’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

11 Responses to Anna Dello Russo Front Row @ Milan Fashion Week

1. Alina February 27, 2014 at 09:28 #

The third look is OK.

2. Yeliz February 27, 2014 at 11:00 #

All I can see are four awful and completely ridiculous looks.

• Christine February 27, 2014 at 11:34 #

Me too. Not a fan

3. Tracy February 27, 2014 at 11:10 #

While I applaud her whacky and different sense of style, I will still never understand why she is so big in the fashion industry.

4. manja February 27, 2014 at 14:00 #

waht’s with the haevy weight belts?!ruin 2 looks that I wld’ve liked without these monstrosities.and the 4th look shd loose the hat & bag

5. L February 27, 2014 at 17:31 #

She always has amazing pieces (and when I say amazing I mean it), but they never look right on her.

6. Nat39 February 27, 2014 at 23:02 #

If I had to pick one, that would be her 2nd look.

7. Meh February 28, 2014 at 03:48 #

Used to think she’s cool but now she’s just a parody of what others think and looking more and more like a clown together with the likes of Bryanboy

8. Anne Gallagher March 1, 2014 at 03:45 #

What can one say about Anna Della Russo? She defies criticism.

9. Agi March 3, 2014 at 08:38 #

For a moment there I thought it said meth on the hat…

10. illana achirin April 4, 2014 at 14:51 #

As an important person in fashion world, am sure she is definitely knows how to b fashionable. But on these all of her 4 pics, I can say No! But I’ll say if I were her, I’d like to have all those dresses become sleeveless. And pleaaase.. (2nd & 3rd) pic. pull off the belt. You aren’t a boxing championship, Ma’am. You r yet gorgeous so threw the “boxing belt” away.

The 3rd pic will b gorgeous by having sleeveless & no belt (AT ALL)!! May I say it’s heels? It’s nice covering ur feet, good for the handbag too (just choose either you’ll take it like a “handbag” or “hang it on” your neck?~I guess.. Just make it a handbag!
    I’ll choose the 3rd-4th, but.. Sleeveless, no belt, not hat, no boots, just the handbag, heels, it’ll b classy sexy ;)

the 1st pic, not putting a “balloon”, just simple pant with the same printed top (make it like bustie maybe it’ll b better) & heels heels heels..

xoxox