Lupita Nyong’o In Lanvin – ‘Non-Stop’ LA Premiere

Lupita Nyong'o In Lanvin - 'Non-Stop' LA Premiere

Lupita Nyong’o joined Michelle Dockery and Julianne Moore on the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘Non-Stop’ held at the Regency Village Theatre on Monday (February 24) in Westwood, California.

Opting for a similar coppery hue to her NAACP Image Awards gown, the actress selected Lanvin on this occasion.

Her Spring 2014 shiny lamé plisse strapless dress looked slightly different to the dress which we saw on the runway, as the actress opted wear the dress with the black zipper showing to given the look a whole new dimension.

Keeping the high-shine, metallic finish theme going, she styled the look with Sergio Rossi pumps, a black Rauwolf clutch, a Solange Azagury-Partridge ring and Janis Savitt earrings.

You’ll be glad to see that she switched up the hairstyle from Saturday, giving us yet another sharp, fresh ‘do, with her makeup being the only thing that could possibly out-shine her frock.

It was a resounding nay on her Givenchy gown, so how does this look fare?

LANVIN - SHINY LAMÈ PLISSÈ DRESS

You can buy Lupita’s Lanvin Shiny Lamé Plisse Dress from Luisa via Roma.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Dockery In Christian Dior - 'Non-Stop' LA Premiere

Michelle Dockery In Christian Dior – ‘Non-Stop’ LA Premiere

Nerea Garmendia In Inas Couture – Fotogramas Magazine Awards

Nerea Garmendia In Inas Couture – Fotogramas Magazine Awards

36 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Lanvin – ‘Non-Stop’ LA Premiere

1. Dorothy February 25, 2014 at 07:54 #

From the neck up it’s two thumbs up from me, but there is something about the material of this dress and the exposed zipper that just doesn’t sit right with me. Way better than the previous look, but still not as good as I’ve come to expect from her.

2. Alex February 25, 2014 at 08:15 #

I’m sorry but this looks cheap. It reminds me of aluminium foil.

• Christine February 25, 2014 at 12:01 #

Exactly. Not a good dress to begin with

3. Lashae February 25, 2014 at 08:17 #

Her makeup here looks really nice compared to her previous look but that’s about it. I don’t like this outfit. This dress is very unflattering on her and also on the model.

It looks like a dress that was made on unconventional challenge for Project Runway. To me it would end up in the bottom.

4. Charlotte February 25, 2014 at 08:25 #

This color is perfect on her, but that’s all.
    The dress looks cheap and I don’t like the shoes, too matchy-matchy.

5. Yeliz February 25, 2014 at 08:52 #

I don’t know, I do love the colour on her, but I just can’t like the dress. Her makeup is lovely as always.

6. Fer February 25, 2014 at 08:56 #

Is it me or is her hair line painted ??, it shines like if it was painted with a coppery color like her dress, in her Givenchy look I saw the same, or am I just imagining it! u.u

She looks so pretty. I love her smile, but the design is weird, the fabric looks so weird like shiny cupcake papers.

7. ysh87 February 25, 2014 at 09:13 #

I LOVE looking at this. Love the color against her skin (like always), love the shiny material, love the bandage pattern the dress creates, and LOVE the hair and make-up.

I love it enough to overlook the cheap looking exposed zipper. Seriously, why can’t this trend go away already?

8. Valissa February 25, 2014 at 10:03 #

This is just…odd. Why did she choose to expose the zipper? Why is there a zipper at all? I don’t like the dress and I don’t like Lupita in it either. It’s unflattering and like others have mentioned, looks very cheap. Another thumbs down for Lupita from me…

9. Ysatis February 25, 2014 at 10:04 #

I Don’t like the dress. I suppose she’s going through an experimental phase and she’s trying more daring, fashion forwards looks. I hope she comes to her senses soon and reverts back to wearing more flattering dresses and hair styles.

10. CreoleLady February 25, 2014 at 10:24 #

Didn’t comment on that last look because I was undecided on the color. I’ve decided; dislike orange-y copper tones on her. And Lanvin – ugh. Haven’t liked the recent shiny fabrics or the designs from a house that I usually love.

• Nat39 February 25, 2014 at 18:55 #

I was 100% certain the 1st time – this is not her colour, agreed.

• Christy February 25, 2014 at 23:50 #

Same, I think she should stay away from browns and oranges.

11. MatBer February 25, 2014 at 10:37 #

LOVE the Color and the material of the Dress. It is Fashion forward but very clear and direct at the same time.

The shoes maybe a bit too matchy-matchy, but the Dress is so strong that I think she was right to tone down the shoes.

I like the make-up and especially the neutral lips.

I do not like the hair. Really, Lupita, go back to simple!!

12. kane February 25, 2014 at 10:45 #

I like the hair. The rest is meh.

13. Alina February 25, 2014 at 11:15 #

I didn’t like it at first, but it’s growing on me.

14. Pedro February 25, 2014 at 11:20 #

That’s a bad look for her… again!

Maybe she lost her mojo.

15. Fiona-Brasil February 25, 2014 at 11:30 #

IMHO Lupita can get away with anything.She is a breath of fresh air.

16. nthirank February 25, 2014 at 12:04 #

The makeup is hot, the color of the dress is hot, i would say its a hot mess! :D just kidding. I do think the color of the gown is sublime against her dark chocolate complexion, but the closeup looks a lil tacky(too much unevenness on the texture/silhouette)And yes i do agree that her hair-line is painted with foundation/concealer to give a sharp clean line :)

17. Vibes February 25, 2014 at 12:17 #

Why is her face/makeup always so shiny? Is this intentional? I find it distracting.

18. brat February 25, 2014 at 12:50 #

I liked the Givenchy dress better, she looks good but the dress is too much, I don’t like it at all. I get she is trying to be more daring but there’s a reason she’s nailed it so consistently before. Just keep it simple. Michelle Dockery was the best dressed at this event. Sorry Lupita

19. Rebecca Z February 25, 2014 at 14:21 #

I love this. It is fun and different and looks just spectacular on her. I love her hair and makeup and the fact that she changes things up. I love the earrings and the shoes–she just sizzles.

20. liz February 25, 2014 at 14:49 #

I like it. It’s hot! And I usually hate Lanvin. Don’t get all the praise heaped upon Alber Elbaz all the time.

But this is sexy!

21. Joy February 25, 2014 at 15:04 #

The color is frankly, ugly and that’s what the issue is. But Lupita can make every single color gorgeous. Like the Givenchy dress, at first I really didn’t like this look. But I think the color takes a minute to digest. I’ve decided I like both looks. I think they both are as incredible as every single look she’s put forth this award season. Of the two looks, this one is my fav, however they both are stunning on her beautiful skin tone.

22. dee February 25, 2014 at 15:08 #

I like the color of the dress but not crazy about the dress itself. The hair is OK. The shoes are nice and complimentary. Her makeup is always on point.

23. Anne February 25, 2014 at 16:00 #

Remember when Angelina Jolie famously and successfully wore her dress backwards on the red carpet a few awards seasons ago? I feel like dress twisting was a similar attempt. Only here, it fails. Bad choice by Lupita’s stylist.

24. Tatiana February 25, 2014 at 17:28 #

This is awful. In the model it looks edgy but chic; in Lupita it looks cheap.

25. Vicky February 25, 2014 at 17:48 #

Someone needs to stop her from wearing all the matchy-matchy shoes.

26. shap_half February 25, 2014 at 20:15 #

This is a no for me. I don’t know what’s happening with her, but I hope she rights this ship soon.

27. alvaro_spain February 25, 2014 at 22:34 #

Why Lupita is always so matchy?? Colour dresss-Nails-Eyes-Lips-Shoes

28. cherrysoftness February 26, 2014 at 01:36 #

This is so random but the model below could be a Kristen Stewart cosplayer, and with the pose, too. I did a double take.

29. jas February 26, 2014 at 02:29 #

i really like this. the colour is fantastic on her and i feel like the dress is very lanvin. it’s flattering on her figure and modern. but always the terrible shoe choices – BORING.

30. andrianto February 26, 2014 at 03:21 #

The dress looks cheap

despite it is lanvin, still look cheap
    If you did not tell me the label , i would say it come from Ross

31. Prudence February 26, 2014 at 23:16 #

The brass zipper fastening is not meant to be show in the front like that and it is so terribly distracting. What a horrendous idea!!!! I swear her stylist better get it together and not pull some nonsense for the Oscars.

32. Anne Gallagher February 28, 2014 at 16:34 #

It comes as no surprise that copper would look great on Lupita. She is so stunning!