Best Dressed Of The Week - Lupita Nyong'o In Christian Dior Couture & Carina Lau In Ralph & Russo

Lupita Nyong’o was your best dressed this week for the Christian Dior Couture gown she wore to the BAFTAs.
As much as I loved the gown and the colour against her skin, there was – much like her SAG Awards Ralph Lauren cape gown – a feeling of déjà vu.

Even without the déjà vu, I would’ve still crowned Carina Lau my favourite in her Ralph & Russo Couture pink cocktail dress, which was far more enticing and original in design. My runner up was Suki, also in Ralph & Russo.

Best Dressed Of The Week - Eddie & David Gandy

It seems that the Brit-boy style won you over this week, as you couldn’t make a firm choice between Eddie Redmayne in Gucci and David Gandy in Marks & Spencer, so they share top honours this week.

My choice was easy: David Gandy.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Michelle Dockery In Christian Dior - 'Non-Stop' LA Premiere

Michelle Dockery In Christian Dior – ‘Non-Stop’ LA Premiere

11 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Lupita Nyong’o In Christian Dior Couture & Carina Lau In Ralph & Russo

1. Britta February 24, 2014 at 17:07 #

Really? You actually liked that big rosa bow thing? I don’t get it! Makes her look like She had very big hips!

• JustJess February 24, 2014 at 21:20 #

Unbelievably rude.

We all don’t have to like the same thing.

• Princess Chi Chi February 25, 2014 at 10:35 #

Must agree with JustJess, incredibly rude. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.

2. Nat39 February 24, 2014 at 17:30 #

The pink Ralph & Russo dress is a precious gem, unique and breathtaking, and I appreciate that Carina pulled off this delicate, subtly sheer couture creation w/o compromising it with lining. She did it effortlessly, with ultimate elegance. Hands down, the winner in my eyes as well.

3. FER February 24, 2014 at 17:36 #

I adore when you choose something personally unexpected n.n. I thought your obvious choice was going to be Lupita, but no!.

Just sayin.

4. Joy February 24, 2014 at 18:18 #

Aww, I’m thrilled you chose Nyong’o because I did too! Lupita was great as well, but the Dior gown wasn’t nearly as original as the Ralph & Russo.

5. dee February 24, 2014 at 18:21 #

I agree with FC’s choices.

6. the ogre February 24, 2014 at 20:36 #

Wow! Even i voted for Carina Lau in Ralph & Russo Couture. I think it’s a unique look and she looks breathtaking. It’s original and effortless.

7. admmgz February 24, 2014 at 22:44 #

Great choices, FC!
    My personal fave for the women was Suki

8. kane February 25, 2014 at 00:12 #

Great choices, FC! I liked Lupita’s gown as well, but Carina is the more interesting, unconventional and original choice–by far.

9. Markness February 25, 2014 at 12:26 #

Oh my god! Preach FC! I’ve been wanting to point it out. While Lupita wears gorgeous gowns, it’s just very derivative and reductive. Although that Ralph Lauren cape gown would be a great moment, most of her looks have become boring and forgettable. I do wish Prada will make her Oscar gown because I’m pretty sure Miuccia has something off her sleeve. Mess or not, at least it will be memorable.