Kerry Washington In Thakoon – NAACP Image Awards 2014

Kerry Washington in Thakoon - NAACP Image Awards 2014Kerry Washington’s red-carpet maternity style has been hit-or-miss, so I was eagerly anticipating what statement she’d bring to the NAACP Image Awards 2014, presented by TV One, on Saturday (February 22) at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in Pasadena, California.

The ‘Scandal’ actress wore a custom Thakoon royal-navy and peach, double-faced-silk gown to clothe her burgeoning baby bump.

The strapless, shawl-sleeve silhouette, coupled with the floor-scraping train, give this look its romantic, mod-fairytale appeal.

Not adding much in the way of accessories, she carried a matching blue envelope clutch by Prada and wore simple diamond studs, topping off the look with a Rapunzel-like, fishtail braid and peachy-pink lip.

If you recall, last year Kerry was dressed in a hyper-memorable Oscar de la Renta gown that stole many of our hearts. I’m not sure the same amount of favour will be laden on this high-sheen dress. But there’s no denying she’s positively glowing.

Credit: Getty

21 thoughts on “Kerry Washington In Thakoon – NAACP Image Awards 2014

1. kane

I like it. It fits her glowing mood I think, although it’s nowhere near as fashion-forward as last year’s dress might have been. The clutch is the odd one out for me, but I love how lip and nails call up with colour of the neckline.

2. Alina

This is one of her better maternity outfits. The dress is beautiful, hair and makeup are spot on, but the clutch could have been better.

3. Charlotte

Finally a great maternity look from her ! She looks great. I like the hair, the make up and the dress is lovely on her.

4. Yeliz

This is as stunning as last year’s look. The gown looks gorgeous on her, she is glowing. Love it from head-to-toe.

5. Kaylah

I absolutely hate this. I hate the fabric, hate the color combination, hate the fact that she thinks pumps are the only style of shoes in existence, hate the too light foundation, hate the shape.
    Kerry Washington’s maternity style is a mess. I’m so disappointed.

1. moonbeam

“she thinks pumps are the only style of shoes in existence”

EXACTLY!!!

The ONLY time I have seen Kerry NOT wear pumps was at this past Golden Globes when she wore white sandals. I have no idea why she wears pointy pumps all the time. She needs better shoe game.

6. Prudence

She looks amazing from the neck up. Now that dress needed to be a foot shorted because it just looks messy, also I hate those random strips of fabrics on her arms it would be so much better had it just been a strapless dress.

7. EmmaWoodhouse

While hardly the worst thing she’s worn, this dress is a sad contrast to last year’s BDOTY-worthy ODLR. Kerry’s style has sadly fallen far imo.

8. Brenda

Kerry looks absolutely FABULOUS! The blue and peach color combination looks stunning with her complication. Hair and make-up couldn’t have been. She is classy, stylish, and sophisticated fRom head to toe. Kudos to her. She is a winner indeed.