13.02.14

Solange Knowles Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

Solange Knowles NYFW

The usual suspects have been spotted front row at shows during New York Fashion Week but one girl has stood out, managing to look effortless and stylish as she hopped from show to show wearing fancy footwear, avoiding snow boots at all costs.

Noor by Noor: In her Pre-Fall 2014 outfit, the singer layered a blue printed sweater over a striped shirt, opting for a conservative black skirt, with standout Michael Kors ‘Sahar’ pumps and a chic white Kate Spade New York ‘Georgica Road Emmanuelle’ clutch rounding out her look.

Milly: I had to catch my breath when I saw this look. It might be too bold for some but I’m buying everything she’s selling here, from the electric-blue Milly coat and matching faux-fur-trimmed clutch to the orange separates and pink Rupert Sanderson ‘Elba’ pumps that matched her lip colour. I think I even prefer this look over her Carven outfit.

Honor: Turning down the dial on colour, the singer wore an Honor look consisting of a sheer blouse, black collarless blazer and printed double-split skirt, styled with terracotta Rupert Sanderson ‘Elba’ pumps and an M2Malletier ‘Amor Fati’ leather shoulder bag with a gold needle handle.

Solange Knowles NYFW2

Wes Gordon: Another look which made my heart skip several beats was her Wes Gordon look. The green-and-lapis filigree brocade flared trousers (while I wish they were slightly shorter) are my main focus of this look, especially as she opted to style them with a simple white shirt with button detailing down the sleeves. The look was styled with an Edie Parker ‘Lara’ clutch.

Marc by Marc Jacobs: For her final look, Solange wore a pink PJ-inspired look to the Marc by Marc Jacobs show, but it’s her tri-colour Max Mara coat which grabs my attention. The look was styled with chic shades and white Kurt Geiger London ‘Bond’ pumps.

Which was your favourite look?

Credit: Getty

Gwei Lun Mei In Saint Laurent - 'Black Coal, Thin Ice' (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Photocall

Gwei Lun Mei In Saint Laurent – ‘Black Coal, Thin Ice’ (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Photocall

America Ferrera In Badgley Mischka - 'Cesar Chavez' Berlin Film Festival

America Ferrera In Badgley Mischka – ‘Cesar Chavez’ Berlin Film Festival

26 Responses to Solange Knowles Front Row @ New York Fashion Week

1. Iva February 13, 2014 at 17:59 #

OMG!
    I love 2nd and 4th look.

2. Maria February 13, 2014 at 18:09 #

Dying over those trousers and the Milly look. She’s the best!

3. Christine February 13, 2014 at 18:16 #

Omg her Milly look is SERIOUS!!!!!! BDOTW worthy. Yes, my heart!

Also like her Wes Gordon look. This girl dominates in the color department. No one can come close.

4. kane February 13, 2014 at 18:17 #

Oh my! You left the best for last! I thought look no. 3 would be my favourite, but no. 4 totally steals the scene! I’m not too crazy about the first and especially the last one though. Might be the soft pink, but the latter is too nurse-y for me.

5. the ogre February 13, 2014 at 18:26 #

My favourite is undoubtedly the Honor look. That’s insane styling. Effortless, free-spirited, elegant at the same time. I love her hairdo as well. All her looks are brilliant!

6. Anj February 13, 2014 at 18:27 #

The 2nd to last look is my favorite followed by the 1st look. Those pants are amazing!

7. Natalie February 13, 2014 at 18:48 #

Wow. That Milly look….perfection!

8. petra February 13, 2014 at 19:43 #

I’m overwhelmed. Too much greatness in one post! I can not possibly decide which I like more.. oh sweet misery.

9. Sa'a February 13, 2014 at 19:48 #

As much as I love Beyonce,she really needs to take pointers from her lil sis!she is so chic!

10. Yeliz February 13, 2014 at 19:53 #

The Milly look is my favourite of the bunch as well. Though I don’t really like the bag.

• NooG February 13, 2014 at 20:06 #

11. easyBlake February 13, 2014 at 20:43 #

Those Wes Gordon trousers are great! I also really like the Marc Jacobs outing look. But all her looks here are good!

12. Jill February 13, 2014 at 21:02 #

A+++ all around, but the Milly look is the star of the show for me. Impeccable styling, as always, from Solange.

13. Susan February 13, 2014 at 21:50 #

Love all these looks.

14. Nat39 February 14, 2014 at 01:11 #

Wes Gordon is my fave, and Marc Jacob is very chic. Both looks are stylish and sophisticated.
    Milly is very loud, the colour combo is hurting my eyes, and just like her green Carven, lacks the sophisticated chic factor for me. Esp. Carven – it was just a cutesy little satin number teamed with pink pumps – certainly adorable but no sophistication of any kind. I thought that the praise was quite a bit overexaggerated.

15. jokebetweenthetrees February 14, 2014 at 01:14 #

So great. Love almost everything. Different every time. I do not like the shoes in de first outfit, her feet look huge. Do not like te lipcolour in the second outfit, looks like a doll. But thats it, and both are just minor issues, The rest is amazing.

16. Jessica February 14, 2014 at 01:38 #

Love all of these looks especially the milly one! Wish I had the confidence to rock this look!

17. Alina February 14, 2014 at 04:53 #

The 3rd and 4th are my favourites!

• Alina February 14, 2014 at 04:55 #

More like the 4th and 5th… well, the last two looks!

18. Tracy February 14, 2014 at 05:51 #

This totally cements Solange as one of my style inspirations, especially when it comes to colour and prints. That, my friends, is fashion.

19. Valissa February 14, 2014 at 05:56 #

She’s wonderful. Every look here is wonderful. Her style is just so organic…there is nothing contrived about it and that’s why she always looks so chic whereas others would just look desperate.

20. PRUDENCE February 14, 2014 at 06:14 #

EXCUSE ME WHILE I PASS OUT FROM THIS OVERDOSE OF SARTORIAL PERFECTION. MY FAVES ARE A TIE BETWEEN THE MILLY AND WES GORDON. BOTH OF THOSE ARE BDOTW CONTENDERS.

21. Valeria February 14, 2014 at 06:34 #

Milly look and Marc by Marc Jacobs-fan of PJs and oversized coats forever! I would skip the pink lipstick though-never seen a girl who would be flattered with a shade that make your lips look like a burn scar:/

22. Tess February 14, 2014 at 11:50 #

Love all the looks… save for the Milly which is giving me Cookie Monster vibes.

23. amy February 14, 2014 at 14:44 #

she’s on FREAKING FIRE. There should be like an exhibition of Solange sartorial choices. I mean, the Wes gordon pants are a tad long but still great look. I also love the last one (beautiful coat) and of course the Milly explosion of color.

24. Carrie February 17, 2014 at 22:14 #

I saw her in person at Milly – and that look was killer on her! The colors weren’t overly the top garish as they seem in some photos. They were bold – but in a great way on her!