Melanie Laurent In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Aloft’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Melanie Laurent In Elie Saab Couture - 'Aloft' Berlin Film Festival PremiereMélanie Laurent joined Jennifer Connelly at the ‘Aloft’ premiere, held today (February 12) during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival at the Berlinale Palast in Berlin, Germany.

The French actress was beautiful in blush, donning a rosy-nude Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture confection. Subtle sparkle came via the beaded embellishment that was magically strewn across the belted gown.

She further enhanced the romantic entrance with a twisted, low ponytail ‘do, finishing the look with a light-pink lip.

Blushing beauty, or too one-note for your liking?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Connelly In Chanel Couture - 'Aloft' Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Jennifer Connelly In Chanel Couture – ‘Aloft’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Sarah Hyland's Zac Posen Strapless Ruffle Cocktail Dress

Sarah Hyland’s Zac Posen Strapless Ruffle Cocktail Dress

12 Responses to Melanie Laurent In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Aloft’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

1. Yeliz February 12, 2014 at 22:42 #

Well, there were a lot of gowns in this collection that would’ve looked better against her complexion. As much as I do love this gown and the fit on her, sadly I think that it washes her out.

• arang February 13, 2014 at 05:24 #

+1 It doesn’t look best against a red carpet either.

2. Christine February 12, 2014 at 22:42 #

Although she looks nice, I am not liking the dress. Deja vu.

3. Scarlett February 12, 2014 at 23:00 #

In HQ the detail on that dress is something else, it’s stunning. She looks great, she’s just post-baby I think too isnt she? It might not be as edgy or daring as Jennifer Connelly’s but I like it nonetheless

4. CTgirl February 13, 2014 at 02:26 #

I can’t tell where she starts and the dress stops. There isn’t enough contrast between her and the dress to make it interesting.

5. june February 13, 2014 at 06:44 #

this is a beautiful look but the gown is the exact shade of her skin.

6. Alina February 13, 2014 at 07:22 #

I think this is feminine and beautiful.

7. ysh87 February 13, 2014 at 07:56 #

I don’t like this dress on her. It’s surprising that despite how breath taking his collection is on the runway, it often does not translate well on the Red Carpet. I feel like his clothes need to be in motion for us to appreciate their true beauty.
    Also another thing that frustrates me is how hard it is to distinguish one collection from another.

8. Charlotte February 13, 2014 at 08:30 #

How many times did we see this Elie Saab dress ?!

• LEA February 13, 2014 at 10:16 #

To be fair, Elie Saab make the same princess silhouette again and again every season.
      This isn’t something new, I just think the lighting isn’t helping Melanie Laurent.

9. Britta February 13, 2014 at 11:06 #

This gown is such a piece of art, so I love that everything else about her look was kept simple. Close up the dress is amazing!

10. the ogre February 13, 2014 at 15:09 #

I saw other pictures of this dress and Melanie looks beautiful but there’s something missing here. For me, an Elie Saab look has to grab attention right at the beginning so as to appreciate it in its entirety but if that isn’t the case then it’s just another pretty look. It’s the same case here. These dresses deserve to be showcased with utter care and presence. Only then it transforms into our best ideas of a gorgeous dress/gown.