10.02.14

Lupita Nyong’o In Chrisitan Dior – 86th Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon

Lupita Nyong'o In Chrisitan Dior - 86th Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon

Lupita Nyong’o attended the 86th Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Monday (February 10) in Beverly Hills, California.

Reaffirming her love for colour and prints; the ’12 Years A Slave’ actress wore a lilac Christian Dior Spring 2014 satin sleeveless dress, featuring a bold orange glycines print which she styled with a purple Judith Leiber clutch which matched her favoured velvet Paul Andrew shoes.

Christian Dior ‘Mise en Dior’ blue earrings and a Sandy Leong ring also accessorized her look.

Once again I find myself not warming to those Paul Andrew shoes. On this occasion they weigh down the look. I also wish the top half of her dress fit her better.

This is just OK for me.

Credit: Getty

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab - 'The Better Angels' Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Elie Saab – ‘The Better Angels’ Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Victoria Justice's Rebecca Minkoff 'Rita' Gladiator Sandals

Victoria Justice’s Rebecca Minkoff ‘Rita’ Gladiator Sandals

19 Responses to Lupita Nyong’o In Chrisitan Dior – 86th Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon

1. from-chitown February 10, 2014 at 21:33 #

Don’t like this look on Lupita. The fit of the dress at the bust is very distracting.

2. shap_half February 10, 2014 at 21:36 #

She has been so amazing for so long that the flaws on this outfit are just that much more obvious. I actually love the velvet pumps on their own, but not with this dress, which fits her so poorly. For someone who has been doing so well, you would think that fit flaws would never be an issue. An unexpected misstep from Lupita.

3. cca February 10, 2014 at 21:39 #

Make up, hair still perfection

4. Rebecca Z February 10, 2014 at 21:41 #

A rare miss. The fabric looks like my grandmother’s drapes in the 50′s.

5. Christine February 10, 2014 at 21:43 #

Not liking the shoes. Hope she can retire them! The dress is ok

6. ccg February 10, 2014 at 21:44 #

from the photos I saw on getty images the fit actually didn’t look that bad.Anyway I still think she is allowed to have misteps even though she is fashion’s new it girl

7. Irene February 10, 2014 at 22:16 #

Meh

8. Yeliz February 10, 2014 at 22:23 #

I adore her and totally enjoy her red carpet style but she just can’t get it right on the shoe department. On this case the dress is also just OK.

Btw, I saw ’12 Years A Slave’ this evening and Lupita’s acting was amazing.

9. CreoleLady February 10, 2014 at 22:24 #

Why consistently fit issues with Dior? Love the colors but nothing else. I am very concerned, hope she is not limited to Dior/Prada/MiuMiu, all of which I like on an exception-basis only.

10. dee February 10, 2014 at 22:26 #

The dress is pretty but those shoes gotta go.

11. Shara February 10, 2014 at 22:58 #

Love how her earrings and shoes match. Beautiful dress too, but not her usual jaw-dropping self. Speaking of Dior and Academy Awards nominees, where is Jennifer Lawrence?

• dedel February 11, 2014 at 09:12 #

She is in Atlanta, on the set of the Hunger Games

12. Anne Gallagher February 10, 2014 at 23:31 #

Not quite a miss, but she could have done better. The problem is that she has been so perfect on the red carpet this awards seasons that there is the expectation that she will always bat it out of the park. Even the best hitters strike out occasionally. Also, she needs new shoes.

13. kane February 10, 2014 at 23:47 #

If the fit had been pitch-perfect, the dress could have been great. The styling however is baffling to put it nicely.

14. Alina February 11, 2014 at 05:58 #

Lupita, please stay away from Dior!
    Her makeup is perfect, as always.

15. Leeann February 11, 2014 at 08:48 #

The print is really pretty if only it fit better. Dior has a burnt orange resort shoe which would have worked perfectly

16. Camille February 11, 2014 at 18:11 #

The fit is definitely off, perhaps she just needed a better bra. I totally agree, the shoes are awful and do nothing for this look. With tweaking and different styling, this could have been a lovely look for her.

17. the ogre February 12, 2014 at 16:28 #

I actually don’t mind the dress on her at all but I wish it had fit her better. The styling is not quite the best but I’m sure this is a small misstep. She can’t always get it right all the time. That’s too much pressure.

18. LabellaLuxe Boutique February 17, 2014 at 19:53 #