Manuela Velasco In Christian Dior – Goya Cinema Awards 2014

Manuela Velasco In Christian Dior - Goya Awards 2014

The 2014 Goya Cinema Awards (aka the Spanish Oscars) was held at Centro de Congresos Principe Felipe in Madrid, Spain this evening (February 9).

Manuela Velasco opted for a metallic strapless frock from the Christian Dior Spring 2014 collection.

Shimmering, fitted-and-flared; the Spanish actress and TV presenter styled her dress with a diamond encrusted ring, flower accented waistband, spiked earrings, a nameplate necklace and the same Dior black pumps we saw on the runway.

Even with so many trinkets present; they don’t upstage her dress.

My only issue with this look is that I wish had done a lot better on the shoe front.

Dior have a great selection of shoes; I don’t know why she settled for these ones when a blue pair would’ve really brought out the embroidery on her dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

The EDIT featuring Charlotte Gainsbourg

Michelle Jenner In Naeem Khan - Goya Cinema Awards 2014

Michelle Jenner In Naeem Khan – Goya Cinema Awards 2014

12 Responses to Manuela Velasco In Christian Dior – Goya Cinema Awards 2014

1. Nat39 February 9, 2014 at 22:22 #

The gown is sweet and pretty, it fits her very well and creates a flattering shape, accenting her small waist wonderfully (the pretty waistband is a nice addition). The black pumps also bother me, they look so harsh against the soft silvery shimmer of the frock, very distracting. Minus the questionable shoe choice, it’s a lovely look for her.

2. Christine February 9, 2014 at 23:07 #

The gown is gorgeous. Wished she opted for better shoes but this is minor. She looks pretty.

• Fiona-Brasil February 9, 2014 at 23:58 #

3. Yeliz February 10, 2014 at 00:24 #

Such a gorgeous dress styled boringly.

• Alina February 10, 2014 at 05:33 #

I agree.

4. Princess Chi Chi February 10, 2014 at 01:04 #

The fit is perfect, (finally a proper tea-length done right!!) but those shoes really drag the whole look down.

5. cherrysoftness February 10, 2014 at 02:47 #

The shoes look so out of place it’s like she just forgot to change out of them.

6. kane February 10, 2014 at 10:08 #

Loving the shape and fit, but don’t care for much else. I get the feeling though that the light in the pictures is a bit meh. The colours in many of them fall flat (no criticism obviously, just feeling I might judge some gowns too harshly because of it).

7. Joel February 10, 2014 at 11:55 #

The pictures don’t do her justice. She looked stunning

8. Lee Ann February 10, 2014 at 13:06 #

I own the straight skirt version of this dress. The same skirt that LeeLee wore so I think I can comment on a practical basis.
    Firstly, the material is not embroidered it is Jacquard.
    On Saturday I tried various shoes at Dior with the skirt and watched several women trying on the dress. I originally wanted to buy the turquoise shoes Lee Lee wore but these shoes only worked in pictures. In real life they were garish and clashed badly. However, because the skirt is less formal-I can wear it with a gray sweater, I can get away with the black material piped with blue plastic shoes from the Resort collection. However the dress in the picture is very formal- Black shoes while looking dull here really are the best option. A blue shoe(especially a warm blue) fights with the cool silver gray hue of the dress. Having said that,
    the black satin with the ankle straps are a really lovely choice and may have worked better. thse were shown with other jacquard dresses and my skirt on the runway.

I think black satin shoes with the ankle straps shown with the other dresses in the collection would have been better.

may have worked better for her.

9. Lee Ann February 10, 2014 at 13:10 #

Have no idea what happened to my post above . In conclusion everyone on Saturday who tried the dress and me with the skirt faced the shoe conundrum and black won every time.
    PS -amazingly 85% of the SS colection that has been shipped to the stores has been sold. The SS is beautiful in real life.

10. Lee Ann February 10, 2014 at 13:17 #

Just saw the belt. WHY??????? went from hero to zero immediately.