Rashida Jones In Prada – ‘Cuban Fury’ World Premiere

Rashida Jones In Prada - 'Cuban Fury' World PremiereRashida Jones hit the red carpet at the ‘Cuban Fury’ world premiere, hosted on Thursday (February 6) at the Vue Leicester Square in London, England.

The actress made a splash in a Prada Spring 2014 frock that was dominated by a printed image inspired by political street art, a recurring theme throughout the collection.

Significantly pared down, the dress had been altered from its original presentation with the removal of the bodice’s bric-a-brac embellishment.

She did add some additional pop with hot-red Kurt Geiger London ‘Anja’ pumps, opting to leave the leg warmers on the runway.

Do you like the new interpretation of this punchy dress?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Maria Sharapova's Walter Steiger Laser-Cut Suede Pumps And Bottega Veneta 'The Knot' Intrecciato Clutch

Maria Sharapova’s Walter Steiger Laser-Cut Suede Pumps And Bottega Veneta ‘The Knot’ Intrecciato Clutch

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Couture - 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' Berlinale Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Berlinale Film Festival Premiere

15 Responses to Rashida Jones In Prada – ‘Cuban Fury’ World Premiere

1. Nat39 February 7, 2014 at 00:43 #

I don’t care for the dress either way but I think I prefer it toned down (the runway version looks very overworked) and I’m guessing it’s perfectly in tune with her movie. She’s got great body and wears this bold little dress effortlessly, kudos for the vibrant shoe choice.

• Nat39 February 7, 2014 at 02:00 #

I just wish there was at least a little bit shape to it.

2. Nadine February 7, 2014 at 01:47 #

I do, too & think this is one of her best looks!

3. Anj February 7, 2014 at 02:17 #

I think her version is so much more wearable. I always love how colorful her wardrobe is and how in tune with her own sense of style she is. I definitely prefer Rashida’s interpretation.

4. easyBlake February 7, 2014 at 03:18 #

I like the neckline of the runway dress. I preferred Michelle Dockery’s dress from this collection (I assume). But both modified dresses look like a sheet of printed fabric was pinned to the bustline and that’s it. What’s the point? There’s no design here, they just wanted to show off the graphic. Which is fine, but toss that sheet onto a wall and let it flourish.

• arang February 7, 2014 at 06:09 #

I love the idea of that graphic for a dress, myself, but must agree that the design is odd. At closer range, it looks like a bikini top emerging from a beach towel wrapped around her. ??? She manages to pull it off, I think. (Or maybe I just love those shoes.)

5. Alina February 7, 2014 at 05:53 #

Her interpretation is much better for sure.

6. kane February 7, 2014 at 09:15 #

I don’t like how they go from CRAZAY neckline on the runway to uber-toned down to make it wearable on the RC for this collection. I like this strategy much less here than another dress on Michelle a few days ago. On Rashida the dress has lost all its form, it’s just a sack unflatteringly hanging down on her with two modesty triangles covering her chest.

7. Britta February 7, 2014 at 10:16 #

There are too many boring shoes on the red carpets. But these shoes made the difference. Such a great look for her. And the dress is so much better than on the runway, where too much was going on.

8. LOLA February 7, 2014 at 10:22 #

I hate two things at Prada: their custom-made dresses and when someone is wearing a modified version of an already very wearable piece (apart from Anna W).

So it seems like the only girls who can do justice to Prada are Rihanna, Lea Seydoux, Eva Mendes and Lupita.

9. Yeliz February 7, 2014 at 11:57 #

That’s the second look from this collection (after Michelle Dockery) which works. And that’s saying a lot, considering I didn’t liked this collection at all. Rashida looks great, I like the shoes with the dress.

10. Christine February 7, 2014 at 12:12 #

This is actually nice. The shoes really made the look

11. dee February 7, 2014 at 15:35 #

The dress is alright but I wish she’d stand up straight.

12. Rebecca Z February 7, 2014 at 16:06 #

I really like this dress on her–it suits her style and is playful and fun. Her posture is usually a problem with her presentation–there are other pics where she it is better and it sells the look much more. GREAT shoes.

13. the ogre February 7, 2014 at 18:07 #

This is a great look for Rashida. I liked the reinterpreted version on Michelle Dockery and I like this too. The shoes probably make this look!