07.02.14 Sidewalk Style

Kate Moss In Prada – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ Screening After-Party

Kate Moss In Prada - 'Only Lovers Left Alive' Screening After-Party

Kate Moss was spotted outside the Heaven nightclub in London yesterday evening (February 6) having attended the after-party following a special screening of Jim Jarmusch’s ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’.

Doing what she does best, looking uber cool without effort, she wore grey denim turned-up overalls under her beige Mongolian-and-fox fur Prada Pre-Fall 2014 coat.

The look was styled with a colour-block studded clutch and her favourite black Alaia boots.

I would’ve loved to have seen Kate’s ensemble without the coat, not only because it dominates the look but also because I’m not a fan of the fox-fur sleeves.

Credit: FameFlynet

Imogen Poots  for Flare March 2014

Imogen Poots for Flare March 2014

Sarah Paulson In Alberta Ferretti - ‘In Secret’ LA Premiere

Sarah Paulson In Alberta Ferretti – ‘In Secret’ LA Premiere

37 Comments

37 Responses to Kate Moss In Prada – ‘Only Lovers Left Alive’ Screening After-Party

1. Cookie February 7, 2014 at 15:03 #

Ew. Fur. And this one looks ratty to boot.

• Cássia February 7, 2014 at 15:48 #

I really don’t understand why people still use fur. c’mon, it’s 2014 not the ice age!

2. kane February 7, 2014 at 16:05 #

This is just gross.

3. dee February 7, 2014 at 16:17 #

That coat is horrible.

• Yeliz February 7, 2014 at 17:15 #

4. Christine February 7, 2014 at 16:18 #

Oh no this is not good

5. Damla February 7, 2014 at 16:22 #

Not effortless, and definitely not cool at all.

• Pam February 7, 2014 at 20:25 #

Not effortless. Contrived is more like it.

6. Rebecca Z February 7, 2014 at 16:41 #

She is so chic. To just be able to yank this kind of stuff out of your closet, and then look so good wearing it…..

• gabis February 7, 2014 at 17:05 #

Everyone is entitled to have their one opinion and whilst I respect yours I can’t help it but feel sad that you find this chic.

• Cookie February 7, 2014 at 21:24 #

I can’t help it, I like the fact that everybody on RCFA is very respectful and nice, but that was a really classy burn. I do agree with Rebecca that Kate looks cool no matter what she wears.

• Cookie February 7, 2014 at 21:26 #

But that’s more to do with her swagger than that thing she has on.

• Kathy February 13, 2014 at 18:43 #

So you’re basically saying, I respect your opinion but how dare you voice it when it’s the polar opposite of my own?

7. gabis February 7, 2014 at 17:02 #

Sorry but this is not chic, this is not fashion, this is just a ridiculous monstrosity.
    And one of the reasons why fur endure in the fashion industry is icons such as Kate Moss still wearing them.

8. Alina February 7, 2014 at 18:06 #

Bad…soooo bad.

9. Nat39 February 7, 2014 at 18:12 #

I don’t have a problem with the fur but this is one particularly ugly coat, not to mention that she’s wearing grey overalls underneath. Hideous!!

10. Joy February 7, 2014 at 19:26 #

I’ve lived in Europe 6 years of my adult life, and in my opinion fur is very much acceptable in most European countries still to this day. During the colder months, most ubber chic women are strolling the ubber chic retailers wearing fur and of course many of the fashionable retailers are displaying fur in the windows. Italy, France, Germany, etc. I don’t know about England, as I never visited there during the winter months. But FC could definitely attest either way. So us Americans need to get over ourselves and realize it is very much a part of fashion outside of America. Nothing is faux fur. Personally I love fur. I don’t necessarily love this coat, but it always gets me when anyone wears fur and we start chastising them.

• Cookie February 7, 2014 at 20:10 #

I dunno. I wear a faux fur and it is just as insulating and comfy as the real deal. It’s nice and smooth, obviously not as delicately textured as real fur but if you want the feel, get a dog or cat. You get companionship in the bargain as well. Faux fur is not bad, it just depends on the quality of the fiber, and sadly 99.9% of what manufacturers currently use is rubbish.

• Joy February 7, 2014 at 21:46 #

Yeah, I don’t doubt that faux fur is great. I obviously don’t have a problem with it. And I totally agree that what manufactures use these days is “rubbish”, but I just get tired of everyone on the soap box when it really is common in other parts of the world.

• Vera February 9, 2014 at 01:10 #

Do you know if fur it is used in Africa or Asia? I know it is _not_ common in Latin América.

• lila February 12, 2014 at 20:53 #

I suppose it is used anywhere in the world where you can find rich people and even the tiniest chilly wind.
            I think fur is not common in latin american mostly because the majority of the continent is hot and that also means that we don’t have the common species they slaughter for it. They do kill our snakes and crocodiles though for shoes and bags :) (ps. the happy face is for an irony)

• lila February 8, 2014 at 01:29 #

So everyone should lay off and be ok with the cruelty of the fur industry simply because it’s “part of the worldwide fashion”? I completely disagree. If anything it’s nothing but a disgrace that the fur market still exists and find supporters. From the bottom of my heart I can’t understand the appeal of wearing a dead animal’s skin. But hey that’s just me.
      And by the way have you seen any videos of how the hunters get the furs that these coats are made of? Have you ever seen how violent and coward are their methods?

• Vera February 8, 2014 at 15:39 #

+1000, Lila

• Kathy February 9, 2014 at 22:56 #

“From the bottom of my heart I can’t understand the appeal of wearing a dead animal’s skin. But hey that’s just me.”

Exactly. It’s YOUR point of view. So why are you being so harsh towards someone who approves of wearing fur? If you’re allowed to criticize the fur industry, then surely she’s allowed to voice her support for it. I agree that the methods used to get furs off of animals are sometimes cruel, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lash out at people who wear it. It’s like the vegetarian/meat-eater debate. There are still many parts of the world that use inhumane methods to kill animals for meat, but are you going to get on people’s case for eating beef and pork?

• lila February 10, 2014 at 14:58 #

I don’t see where I’m being harsh or lashing anyone out. And If I were is merely because wearing fur is inexcusable. She’s allowed to voice her support but can’t it be questioned? Especially when the argument is so futile. If you support it you will take no offense on defending it.
          Anyway, if this discussion serves for a tiny moment of reflection on her end I will be satisfied.
          And oh please do not come with the meat eating thing. That is a completely different discussion. And if you must know I do not criticize people who eat meat but not because I am “ok” with the cruel methods some use to kill the animals but because there are many other issues involved. Fur whereas like Rose well said there is no argument to make it ok. Fur is a indulgence for the careless wealthy.

• Rose February 11, 2014 at 06:17 #

Please do not even compare the need to eat to the decadence and indulgence of wearing fur. I am going to break it down further so there’s no confusion: the difference between wearing fur and eating meat is a matter of choice. It can be quite expensive to go vegetarian/vegan due to the price of fresh produce depending on where one lives so sometimes eating meat is the only viable choice as it may be the ONLY source of economical protein. Furthermore, some people really do want to eat meat that is humanely slaughtered, but they simply cannot choose to because it is more expensive. Thus, the difference is that these people do not necessarily have the luxury of choice when it comes to meat. However, the people who are wealthy enough to afford fur CAN choose to be humane but instead choose to wear something which they do NOT need in the first place. Thus, your argument is moot because if you do have the luxury of choice, and you continue to do the wrong thing, then clearly you just don’t care how these animals are being treated.

• EmilyBowen February 11, 2014 at 14:29 #

Rose and Lila, I completely agree. Real fur is an indulgence, it is not a necessity for majority of people. If you’re an Inuit and have neither the means nor availability of suitable manmade alternatives which are required to survive in the extreme temperatures you inhabit, fine. If you want to wear it because it gets a bit chilly when you’re going out for the evening and/or you like the way it looks, not fine. There are plenty of suitable alternatives which do not include the pointless waste and cruelty of the fur trade. Yes, High Street faux is not always the best quality, but if you’ve got the money to buy real fur you can more than certainly afford equally good faux. If you don’t believe that faux can be just as soft, then you clearly haven’t looked at most high end brands such as Helen Moore (who, it is worth noting, is now expanding into jackets and coats alongside accessories and home-wear).
            Aside from the fur morality issue, I feel this is an outfit that Patsy from Ab Fab would wear. For those who don’t know Patsy, it’s not exactly a compliment…

• Kathy February 13, 2014 at 18:41 #

I was in no way equating the degree of indulgence of eating meat to that of wearing fur. The point I was trying to make was that just like eating meat, wearing fur is a PERSONAL choice and anyone should be allowed to do it without being criticized for their so-called lack of morality. Like Joy said, in certain parts of the world it’s culturally acceptable and even practical. It’s your right to condone the act of wearing fur but it’s also important to keep in mind that not everyone holds the same values you do. Don’t automatically attack someone for wearing fur, attack the industry that employs the inhumane methods.

• Rose February 17, 2014 at 05:13 #

Until you stop basing your argument on relativism, it will continue to be invalid. Just because a choice is “personal” does not make it ok. At the end of the day, indifference is indifference, and playing with the semantics of it doesn’t change what it is.

And let’s flip the script so that this is easier for you to understand: it’s my choice to tell you that wearing fur is wrong. I can say whatever I want, even berate and denigrate you if I choose to because this is MY choice. See how that works?

11. lila February 8, 2014 at 01:08 #

Dreadful. I wonder if people who love fur so much have pets and if they would like to see their little buddies being skinned alive to become a piece of garment just to satisfy an unnecessary need of some rich woman.
    Fur trade is cruel and should be banned from the world. I feel ashamed to live in a society that tolerates and encourages the murder of innocent animals for such a petty reason as fashion.

• Cássia February 8, 2014 at 04:12 #

12. Romi February 8, 2014 at 05:30 #

I’m disappointed about the fur coat. In addition to the fact that she looks like Chewbacka, it’s fox fur. Foxes are notorious for being caught in leg traps where some even chew their leg off to escape. People need to be aware of this.

13. Tracy February 8, 2014 at 10:34 #

While she is “Kate Moss”, this isn’t a good look on anyone…

14. Julia... February 8, 2014 at 22:05 #

kate should stop wearing fur!!! I hate it!!!

15. Rose February 9, 2014 at 04:21 #

For the uninformed, the fur industry is beyond cruel so no argument makes it ok (including ones trying to offer any sense of “validity” through fallacies like bandwagon, i.e. it’s ok if European fashion condones it). These animals get skinned alive and are left to die slow, horrible deaths. Unless you are an Eskimo, fur is an indulgence, not a necessity, and no creature deserves to die so painfully just so you can be fashionable..

That said, this is coat is dreadful. She looks like a Yeti.

• lila February 10, 2014 at 13:37 #

THANK YOU!

• Rose February 13, 2014 at 17:25 #

You’re welcome, Lila :-) Totally agree with you and Emily Bowen that fur is awful.