06.02.14

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup

Here is a roundup of the rest of the ladies who took to the red carpet for the 2014 amfAR New York Gala held at Cipriani Wall Street on Wednesday (February 5) in New York City.

Karolina Kurkova: The Czech model looked stunning wearing a black Armani dress slashed on both the thigh and bodice, with both enriched by beaded detailing. Neutral makeup and bow-accented Jimmy Choo ‘Escape’ sandals completed her look.

Ajak Deng: Also wearing black with breathtaking results was Ajak Deng. Gearing up for a busy fashion month, she started off on the right note wearing a sparkling Kaufmanfranco Fall 2013 gown with sheer inserts which is very much on the right side of sexy.

Dree Hemingway: While everyone was wearing a gown, Dree marched to the beat of her own drum, wearing a super chic Chloé Resort 2014 look featuring a navy top, white ruffled shirt and loose-fit pants. She was my second favourite at this event after Lily Alridge.

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup 2

Karlie Kloss: For some reason Karlie’s red carpet game isn’t as strong as her runway game. On the runway she’s fierce. On the red carpet – meh. This LBD styled with all-black accessories including black patent leather open-toe shoe-boots doesn’t scream gala appropriate.

Arlenis Sosa: Defining quiet elegance, the model donned a Louis Vuitton sequin spaghetti-strap gown in a chocolatey hue with a hot-red pump accessorizing her look.

Crystal Renn: Always ready to strike a fierce pose, the model wore a chic ecru crepe-and-satin Gabriela Cadena gown with a daring thigh-high slit.

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup 3

Erin Heatherton: The model also went for sequins, wearing a one-shoulder silver Kaufmanfranco gown styled with a black clutch and a hot-red lip.

Jessica Hart: Taking the non-gown approach, Jessica donned a Louis Vuitton Spring 2014 look with the main attractions being her feathered-and-embellished jacket, bold lip and quiffed ‘do.

Selita Ebanks: Opting for white, Selita’s Gabriela Cadena gown was decorated with a touch of sparkle.  Following bra-gate, this is flawless

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup 4

Nicole Trunfio: The Australian model donned a dramatic Gabriela Cadena gown held together with tiny spaghetti straps. I feel like this was a wardrobe malfunction ready to happen.

Alek Wek: With legs that seemingly go on for days, the model wore an Emilio Pucci black sequined dress with light blue panels styled with black python Zagliani ‘Faye’ clutch.

Behati Prinsloo: The model wore a sexy Emilio Pucci Fall 2013 sexy sheer gown which was presented as a mini dress.

2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup 55

Shanina Shaik: The model wore an Alex Perry ivory lace-overlay halter dress which feels a bit dated.

Lindsay Ellingson: With snow still on the ground in New York City, I was surprised to see Lindsay step out in such a summery look. Her white-and-yellow canopy print Wes Gordon Resort 2014 gown felt a bit out-of-tune and way out of season, but it’s a pretty look nonetheless.

Chanel Iman: Minimalism was the order of the day for Chanel, donning a crisp white Calvin Klein dress with silver sandals.

Credit: Getty

17 Comments
Kate Mara In Yigal Azrouël - Out In LA

Kate Mara In Yigal Azrouël – Out In LA

Kristin Wiig's Valentino Arabesque Embroidery Dress

Kristin Wiig’s Valentino Arabesque Embroidery Dress

17 Responses to 2014 amfAR New York Gala Models Roundup

1. Iva February 6, 2014 at 15:44 #

I love the ladies in the first row. Karolina is fierce as usual, Ajak looks gorgeous and Dree is interesting.
    I also like Jessica and Selita’s looks.

• Christine February 6, 2014 at 17:04 #

Agreed

• Fiona-Brasil February 6, 2014 at 18:05 #

2. CreoleLady February 6, 2014 at 15:53 #

Jessica Hart is the only person who has made me say fierce instead of funny when it comes to LV Spr 2014. Loving Kurkova, Deng and Chanel Iman as well.

3. Caro Chanel February 6, 2014 at 16:00 #

So many pretty women, all working im fashion and yet so many misses. This is quite disappointing. I like Karolinas dress and Jessicas very cool approach. What did Crystal Renn think when she put on that dress? The necklace is totally misplaced and the dress looks weird right below her boobs. There’s nothing special about Karlies LBD and Chanel Iman seems to be wearing her night gown. Oh, I liked Lindsays dress but hair and makeup are not glamorus. Everyone could have done that by themselves.

4. Pedro February 6, 2014 at 16:12 #

Ajak looks fantastic!!!

I love Karolina’s look as well

5. dee February 6, 2014 at 16:18 #

I only like Crystal Renn’s look.

6. Nat39 February 6, 2014 at 16:20 #

The 1st two are my fave of the bunch – sexy, fierce, edgy and glamorous, although it feels like we’ve seen Karolina’s dress millions of times. So, I’ll go with the dazzling and most unusually spectacular Ajak. Don’t really care for those pants on Dree. As for Selita, there is a major side boob going on there.

7. Markness February 6, 2014 at 17:12 #

Karolina looks klassy (with a k! ;) ) Dree and Jessica Hart looked cool. Those three are my faves. And I’m quite bothered with Alek Wek’s shoes. I think it’s too big on her on the tip part or are her feet really that big?

8. gabis February 6, 2014 at 17:20 #

Top roll is def. my favorite. Behati Prinsloo looks nice too. I think she managed to pull off that tricky dress without hitting tackyville.
    Jessica Hart could’ve been something had her styling been better. As it is I only like the jacket and the lips.

9. Alina February 6, 2014 at 17:26 #

Karolina is my favourite.

10. easyBlake February 6, 2014 at 17:55 #

Nicole Trunfio! I like the dress & she’s giving me great modern Disney villainess vibe. Followed by Dree, it’s not very formal comparatively, but I love the pants. Shaik, Ajak, & Heatherton round out my team of inoffensive.

I want to like Jessica Hart’s look, but like Crystal Renn, it comes off try-hard.

11. Yeliz February 6, 2014 at 22:36 #

Karolina looks fierce, she is my favourite of the bunch. Erin – runner-up.

12. Cass February 7, 2014 at 00:53 #

Dree Hemingway is my favorite here.

13. lee February 7, 2014 at 01:16 #

you hit the nail on the head with your karlie assessment. i really don’t get it and haven’t for a long time (been disappointed for a long time!).

14. kane February 7, 2014 at 09:04 #

Ajak by several miles.

15. Dhppy February 8, 2014 at 07:25 #

Jessica Hart is the standout look for me. I think Ajek’s dress would look great on a curvier frame.