Cate Blanchett In Proenza Schouler – ‘Monument Men’ New York Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Proenza Schouler - 'Monument Men' New York Premiere

Cate Blanchett attended ‘The Monuments Men’ premiere held at Ziegfeld Theater on Tuesday (February 4) in New York City.

After her cleavage-baring Givenchy gown from last week, Cate opted for a high neckline, wearing a Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2014 long-sleeved drop-waist sheer organza overlay dress with beading throughout.

I love that she can seamlessly go from one extreme to another.

This look is both edgy and elegant, with neat styling courtesy of her Giuseppe Zanotti pumps, Chopard diamond stud earrings and a slick side-swept bun.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sarah Hyland In Zac Posen - 'Vampire Academy' LA Premiere

Sarah Hyland In Zac Posen – ‘Vampire Academy’ LA Premiere

Natalie Dormer In Roksanda Ilincic - InStyle Best Of British Talent Pre-BAFTA Party

Natalie Dormer In Roksanda Ilincic – InStyle Best Of British Talent Pre-BAFTA Party

28 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Proenza Schouler – ‘Monument Men’ New York Premiere

1. Yeliz February 5, 2014 at 11:23 #

Only Cate can pull this off. She looks amazing. The shoes could’ve been more interesting but I still love this look.

• Charlotte February 5, 2014 at 20:34 #

This! She looks great and actually I love the shoes with this dress.

• Tatiana February 6, 2014 at 18:14 #

+ 2

• Margaret February 6, 2014 at 22:27 #

Right? she is the only one who could have make this work.

2. rita February 5, 2014 at 11:30 #

Nope. She looks like a very old lady. Even Helen Mirren wouldn’t wear that. It’s very ugly, I am sorry. CB has been a hit and miss to me during this awards season. She is still my favorite actress,but she hasn’t impressed me much fashion wise. I know I am in minority but that’s ok.

• kane February 5, 2014 at 11:50 #

I guess the point is that Helen wouldn’t wear this because it would make her look old. A younger woman would look ‘mature.’ Sadly, I think Cate has passed that line between mature and old, while the model still gets away with it. This is a first for me to say this about boots that reach up the skirt, but I really miss them. I adore Cate, but her often lackluster shoe choices are aggravated by the fact that her ankles aren’t the leanest (I’m 29, have inherited the same kind of ankles from my granny and have no intention to bash Great Cate). In combination with this dress I think they break the look for me and make her look like an old lady.

• Sleepless in Chicago February 7, 2014 at 02:23 #

Completely agree!

3. Ramsay February 5, 2014 at 11:32 #

Her looks are always interesting but classy – another BDOTW worthy after the Margiela

4. Alina February 5, 2014 at 11:48 #

Once again, I’m not wowed. I was expecting more for the premiere of a movie with such big names.

• Christine February 5, 2014 at 12:08 #

Agreed! Queen Cate where are you? The dress is fine but this is OK

5. CreoleLady February 5, 2014 at 12:01 #

Her hair and makeup have been consistently stunning. I have not, however, been as in love with her red carpet attire as some. I understand given the nature of the film, that she might want to be low key. But this is frumpy.

6. Sharon February 5, 2014 at 13:36 #

This look is fine, but it’s not particularly exciting to me. Does anybody else think that she’s starting to look like she could be Peter O’Toole’s daughter?

7. Rebecca Z February 5, 2014 at 15:57 #

A big yes to the hair and makeup but the dress is just awful. She is human, after all.

8. Nat39 February 5, 2014 at 15:59 #

Nay, an aging governess chic. Not a success for Cate, I’m afraid.

9. easyBlake February 5, 2014 at 17:40 #

I was apprehensive that the comments would be overwhelmingly “Yayy Cate!”. My grandmother wore this dress in the 80s. And she was a grandmother in her late seventies then. I can’t see the edginess here.

10. Mia Berger February 5, 2014 at 18:05 #

Edgy??? Schoolmarmish more like it….

11. rachel February 5, 2014 at 20:14 #

In context: the woman is in mourning.

12. Charlotte February 5, 2014 at 20:33 #

I adore this dress. It is edgy and interesting (the beading detail is absolutely gorgeous). The styling is perfect and although she looks sad (understandable given some things happening this week as the death of a dear friend of her), she still brings it fashion wise.

13. Lisa February 5, 2014 at 20:37 #

This may not be her best look of this ward season, but I like it a lot. Still, when she is understated and not that amazing, she is more fun to watch than almost everyone this award season. Best of the week for me.

14. Lisa February 5, 2014 at 20:43 #

Her make up is flawless and I like that the dress is season appropriate. Love that she is always different and tries new things all the time. I can’t wait to see what she wears to the Berlin premiere.

• Lisa February 5, 2014 at 20:44 #

Ups, I think someone else has the same username before me.

15. Tatiana February 6, 2014 at 18:14 #

I’m in love with the fabric of the dress even if it a little hard to pull off. I think she makes it work and looks very pretty.

16. Megan February 6, 2014 at 18:20 #

This woman is freakishly perfect. That dress would look a mess and overwhelm any other than them.

17. Jeanette February 6, 2014 at 22:25 #

I like the dress but I’m missing a wow factor. Still, she looks good and it is a unusual look for a premiere so there is that. Also it is one of the most interesting things I’ve seen this week.

18. Margaret February 6, 2014 at 22:28 #

Lovely, though I would have prefer the boots from the lookbook.

• dee February 7, 2014 at 16:28 #

I agree.

19. sara February 7, 2014 at 23:47 #

Love the hair and makeup. Not a fan of the dress- risk did not pay off, its just aging. The shoes are a definite no.

20. Giada February 12, 2014 at 11:44 #

I’m sorry, but in my opinion even Cate can’t pull this off. It’s very Nancy Reagan-ish.