04.02.14

Emma Watson For Wonderland Magazine February-March 2014

Emma Watson For Wonderland Magazine February-March 2014

Emma Watson not only graced two covers for the February-March edition of Wonderland Magazine, but she was also guest editor.

The British actress donned a yellow crystal-embellished Prada dress with a pompadour ‘do on one cover and a Dolce & Gabbana dress on the other, this time sporting tousled tresses with a tiara.

Emma’s interpretations of the covers are “Afro Prada Bruiser or Elf Alien Queen. Your pick”, which she tweeted to her followers last week.

The publication hits stores on February 7th in the UK. Which one would you pick up? I think I will go with ‘Afro Prada Bruiser’.

Credit: Wonderland

Nina Dobrev In Versace - Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Show

Nina Dobrev In Versace – Atelier Versace Fall 2014 Show

Vanity Fair’s Annual Hollywood Issue

Vanity Fair’s Annual Hollywood Issue

22 Responses to Emma Watson For Wonderland Magazine February-March 2014

1. Christine February 4, 2014 at 11:18 #

I like both covers but the first one more.

• Yeliz February 4, 2014 at 21:57 #

Me too.

2. Pedro February 4, 2014 at 11:30 #

She looks flawless on the second cover!

• Rosanna February 4, 2014 at 13:44 #

• kane February 4, 2014 at 14:11 #

I want to say the same thing about the second cover, but I am a bit unsure how accurate a depiction of life it actually is.

Having said that, I like them both, especially right next to each other.

3. Cookie February 4, 2014 at 13:27 #

Lol ripping off Janelle Monae’s coif for the first cover (joking). I like how it’s so different to how she’s normally presented.

• CreoleLady February 4, 2014 at 15:02 #

You may be joking but point taken. Miley Cyrus redux, “Afro Prada Bruiser”, gimme a break, a “look, see how original and hip I am?” cliche. Afro=bruiser and elf=queen, right, I get it. Is this the fashion version of Julianne Hough’s black-face? My snark-o-meter is off the chart, so I’d better stop here.

• Cookie February 4, 2014 at 16:19 #

I read it more as super exaggerated, 40s victory rolls. Didn’t really see the appropriation there but after reading your comment it’s starting to emerge.

• Cookie February 4, 2014 at 16:23 #

I should also add that I didn’t read the blurb or Emma’s comments until a few seconds ago. NOW I share the outrage.

• CreoleLady February 4, 2014 at 19:17 #

Playing with words a bit more, Prada=alien, which cracks me up. And “Afro Prada” is hilarious on one level, given the how diversity-challenged a Prada runway tends to be. So there are many ways to look at this, both light and dark (heh).

• Cookie February 4, 2014 at 23:31 #

What’s a bit sad is that I’m in design school now and we’re all races, ages, shapes and sizes. During cultural studies lectures people always pipe up with platitudes like “I think different is interesting” and “I love curvy women” but when scouting models for our student lookbooks people want tall, skinny, and almost universally pale Caucasian. Some of the designers can’t even see themselves in their own clothes.

• Kathy February 5, 2014 at 15:32 #

“Some of the designers can’t even see themselves in their own clothes.”

I’m also a design student, and I see no problem with this. I never design with my own body shape in mind, but I don’t think it’s necessarily a problem when you’re first starting out. Of course, a seasoned designer should aim to achieve diversity on the runway and in their customer base, but a student learning the ins and outs of clothes-making should first have some uniformity to work with. Their first instinct doesn’t have to be to cater to everyone.

• Cookie February 5, 2014 at 16:05 #

I’m not saying you have to please everybody, but what disturbs me is that everyone thinks they look ok but would prefer to be Cara Delevingne.

4. dee February 4, 2014 at 14:12 #

I like the 2nd cover not crazy about the first one.

• Alina February 4, 2014 at 18:59 #

5. the ogre February 4, 2014 at 14:14 #

I like the first cover more. Lot of spunk!

6. Danielle February 4, 2014 at 19:55 #

She looks stunning in both covers. I’m curious to see her work as an editor.

• admmgz February 5, 2014 at 20:04 #

7. Anne Gallagher February 5, 2014 at 03:33 #

She looks cute in both pictures.

8. Giuseppi February 5, 2014 at 20:33 #

Isn’t there a third cover? I like the elf one better of these.

9. Jane February 5, 2014 at 23:01 #

I love the second cover, her natural prettiness shines through and she looks very ethereal. Emma can just about pull off the hair in the first look, it’s not suited to her style and to me her expression agrees!

10. Caitlin February 6, 2014 at 06:23 #

Is anyone else getting a Lily Collins vibe from the second cover?