30.01.14

Lea Michele for Teen Vogue March 2014

lea-michele-01

Lea Michele graces the March 2014 issue of Teen Vogue looking soft and pretty, wearing a white eyelet frock with her long locks piled up into a loose bun.

The ‘Glee’ starlet talks to the magazine about her debut album ‘Louder’, and how boyfriend Cory Monteith inspired her to pursue a music career before his untimely death.

On her upcoming album: “During Glee, I felt like I was scratching that itch of being an artist. I was at a great place in my life and I was so unbelievably happy—my relationship with Cory [Monteith] made me feel like I could reach for the stars and more. So I was like, ‘I’m going to challenge myself and do this record now.’ It’s obviously pop, but I think it shows me off as a singer.”

On Cory’s favourite song from her upcoming album ‘Louder’: “He was such a fan, you don’t understand. He would be like, ‘You’re going to be a pop star! What are we going to do? Are we going to, like, go on the road?’ He would say, ‘This is going to be big!’ And I’d be like, ‘I don’t know.’ He heard every song and gave me his notes on everything. He loved ‘Battlefield’. I’m getting chills thinking about it. I would say ‘Burn with You’ was his favourite. He came into the studio that day.”

On where she got strength after Cory’s death: “I somehow feel the insane love Cory and I had for each other morphed into this strength that I have right now. There’s just something about knowing he’s watching everything I’m doing and feeling like I have to do everything now not just for me but for him. I also have a safety net below me—if I fall or if it’s too much, my friends and family will be there to catch me.”

Credit: Teen Vogue

Kellan Lutz' J Brand 'Tyler' Jeans

Kellan Lutz’ J Brand ‘Tyler’ Jeans

Sophie McShera In Topshop -  South Bank Sky Arts Awards

Sophie McShera In Topshop – South Bank Sky Arts Awards

10 Responses to Lea Michele for Teen Vogue March 2014

1. Alina January 30, 2014 at 13:07 #

Beautiful cover and the interview is touching.

2. AW January 30, 2014 at 13:27 #

The cover is nice, makes me long for spring!

The interview…I get it that people miss their friends and loved ones when they pass but I always think it’s a bit tacky to continuously talk about the death when selling CDs and perfume and tour tickets, etc, etc.

• GW January 30, 2014 at 14:19 #

• SilentVisitor January 30, 2014 at 14:40 #

+2; Any publicity is go……
      Some people don’t care about how they got the publicity in the first place.

• dee January 30, 2014 at 18:27 #

• Kathy January 30, 2014 at 20:19 #

+4 That was what bothered me about her recent Elle cover story too (December 2013). There she was, mourning Cory in the interview but posing up a storm in tight leather and biker jackets while draped across sports cars in sexy poses. I mean, there’s no rule that says you can’t have fun after the loss of a loved one or that you can’t make something positive out of the experience, but at least be consistent about it. If you’re going to be serious, have a little decency and don’t just flaunt yourself at the same time. Or if you want to shamelessly self-promote, leave the grieving thing out of it.

3. Christine January 30, 2014 at 13:27 #

Pretty cover

4. Rye January 30, 2014 at 15:59 #

This is one of her best magazine cover in a long time, maybe after her harper’s bazaar cover few years ago

about the interview, I don’t have any problem with that. She’s obviously still in the grieving process and if by talking about him help her to feel better and keep his memory alive, then let her be. It’s not like she talked the details about their relationship

5. Seso January 31, 2014 at 22:55 #

She is so full of cr..omg :)

6. Madkrakatoa February 2, 2014 at 19:29 #

Lovely cover … now regarding her loss, it doesn’t bother me at all that she talks about it, specially when it happens less than a year ago. Grieving can last from months to years, being the first year the hardest one. Big chance is that she still miss him, and by talking about him, she makes him part of this moment, a moment that she surely planned to live next to him. Just my opinion and from my own experience.