Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – 2014 Directors Guild Of America Awards

Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta - 2014 Directors Guild Of America Awards

Kerry Washington attended the 66th Annual Directors Guild of America Awards held last night (January 25) at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, California.

Having failed to excite in Prada at the 2014 SAG Awards, Kerry chose a billowing Oscar de la Renta Spring 2014 white tulle daisy cotton guipure embroidered dress for the occasion.

The ultra-pretty trapeze dress which concealed Kerry’s bump was styled with a pair of killer PVC Christian Louboutin ‘Bollywood Boulevard’ heels with embellished detailing helped push this pretty dress into a more glamorous direction.

A simple Smythson ‘Soho Diary’ clutch, Martin Katz jewels and sleek tresses kept the look paired back and enabled the dress to become the stand-out of the night.

Kerry is really mixing thing up when it comes to red carpet dressing. Do you think she is leading the way in maternity dressing with her directional choices?

Credit: Getty

Ashley Greene In Monique Lhuillier - Audi Celebrates Super Bowl 2013 Party

Ashley Greene In Monique Lhuillier – Audi Celebrates Super Bowl 2013 Party

Miley Cyrus In Calvin Klein Collection - Pre-Grammy Awards Gala

Miley Cyrus In Calvin Klein Collection – Pre-Grammy Awards Gala

20 Responses to Kerry Washington In Oscar de la Renta – 2014 Directors Guild Of America Awards

1. Charlotte January 26, 2014 at 15:06 #

I hate this dress, it’s just a mess.

2. Christine January 26, 2014 at 15:07 #

I know that she is pregnant and all but this is highly unflattering. You can be pregnant and wear flattering shapes and silhouettes.

This look is just……

The dress itself is fugly as it is.

3. Fiona - Perth January 26, 2014 at 15:09 #

I like the dress, I wish it was a little shorter like the runway so it didn’t swamp her quite so much. I like her shoes also.

4. Sophie January 26, 2014 at 15:10 #

I find this horrendous

5. Dee January 26, 2014 at 15:14 #

I thought Kerri would bring it! I’ve been a bit disappointed in her maternity looks. Ciara on the other hand has been doing a great job.

• kimjustkim January 26, 2014 at 19:11 #

+1 it’s just a shame we don’t see Ciara on the red carpet as much as Kerry – how far along is she again?

6. Alina January 26, 2014 at 15:16 #

I feel like someone is making fun of her with these choices. You don’t have to wear a tent if you are pregnant.

7. AnderBoBo January 26, 2014 at 15:17 #

Hair and makeup is gorgeous but this dress is way too tent-like and unflattering. Wish she would take a cue from Olivia Wilde’s maternity style and really play up her bump instead of trying to obscure it.

8. Emmy January 26, 2014 at 15:17 #

This is just bad. I applaud Kerry and her stylist for thinking out if the box when dressing Kerry’s growing belly but the results have been less than fortunate to put it mildly. This is another excellent example of that. The dress is like a huge tent on her.

9. Yeliz January 26, 2014 at 15:35 #

This is awful.

10. kane January 26, 2014 at 16:17 #

And we’re back to the awkward choices.

11. Prudence January 26, 2014 at 17:26 #

I could have never predicted that Kerry would be so terrible at dressing while pregnant! This is horrific, why throw on this printed tent over your body??

12. Rebecca Z January 26, 2014 at 19:10 #

She seems uncomfortable with her pregnant body. Maybe she has gained a lot more weight than Olivia Wilde–she is way bustier than she has ever been and I can sympathize with her desire not to wear super formfitting clothes. That said, this dress is pretty unfortunate.

13. Anj January 26, 2014 at 19:31 #

This looks…comfortable? I guess if I were pregnant, I wouldn’t care about all the haters and dress however I liked. But let’s get real because that’s what we’re here for. This dress is a fancy moo moo not to be worn in public.

14. Nat39 January 26, 2014 at 19:51 #

This dress does nothing for her but make her appear larger. I’m disappointed with her maternity choices.

• the ogre January 26, 2014 at 20:42 #

This is not doing any favours to her changing body. The length on the runway works fine which is why the dress doesn’t look that bad on the runway but on Kerry, it’s absolutely unfortunate. The shoes and make up are great though.

15. kathryn January 26, 2014 at 21:59 #

I am sorry but Kerry is giving Kim K. a run for her money in the “worst maternity style” race. I love Kerry so this really saddens me! I guess I’ll just have to hold on to the memory of the Giles dress from the Django promo tour until her little bundle of joy arrives.

16. KC January 26, 2014 at 23:04 #

I have second hand embarrassment just from *looking* at this look and her other maternity RC choices.

17. pinksugar January 27, 2014 at 18:29 #

I hated this dress so much. It looks like she is wearing a deflated hot air balloon. Her pregnancy style has been terrible imo She’s lost her touch.

18. Anne Gallagher January 31, 2014 at 04:06 #

She gets a pass because I really hate to criticize a mother-to-be when there are so few designer choices for pregnant women. Nevertheless, this is an unually frumpy Oscar de la Renta dress, and her fetal girth makes the dress look absolutely tent like. What was her stylist thinking?