Claire Danes In Christian Dior – 2014 Producers Guild Awards

Claire Danes In Christian Dior -  2014 Producers Guild Awards

After taking a more adventurous turn on the red carpet in both the dress and makeup department for the SAG Awards on Saturday, Claire Danes attended the 2014 Producers Guild Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Sunday (January 19) in Beverly Hills, California joining Dame Helen Mirren, Lupita Nyong’o and Sarah Paulson.

Working a chic Christian Dior Spring 2014 dress featuring a pale-blue-metallic twisted silk bodice and white calf-length pencil skirt, this look feels like the ‘play-it-safe’ Claire Danes we are more accustomed to.

While I would’ve preferred a more neutral lip colour to the bold orange-red shade she opted for, the overall look, which included beautiful Irene Neuwirth earrings and ring, is stunning.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elle Fanning In Miu Miu - 'Low Down' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Elle Fanning In Miu Miu – ‘Low Down’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Diane Kruger In Chloé & Chanel - Variety Studio: Sundance Edition

Diane Kruger In Chloé & Chanel – Variety Studio: Sundance Edition

21 Responses to Claire Danes In Christian Dior – 2014 Producers Guild Awards

1. Charlotte January 20, 2014 at 12:26 #

I don’t like this look, it makes her look much older than she is !
    The shoes are not working with the dress, the top of the dress looks cheap, and the hair and the make up are too much.

• Elisabeth January 20, 2014 at 13:46 #

I like the dress and love the color on her. But it makes her look older because it needed to be shortened.

2. Alina January 20, 2014 at 12:30 #

This is more like it! Much better than her look at the SAG Awards, IMO.

3. Lee Ann January 20, 2014 at 12:40 #

Once again i am going to moan at the length because it is too long and entering dowdy territory. it also lacks accessories: I am not a great fan of the runway necklace but a bracelet and better shoes would have perked this up.

4. june January 20, 2014 at 12:45 #

really not a fan of this look. the makeup isn’t the greatest she’s ever worn, the length of the skirt throws all the proportions out of whack (and she looks stumpy, whereas at the SAGS she looked 6 foot tall), and i’m not a huge fan of that weird wrinkled satiny-looking bodice or the peek-a-boo hole which seems random and really out of place.

the only thing i can truthfully say i like are her earrings and her hair. the colour is really great on her.

5. Caro Chanel January 20, 2014 at 12:56 #

Hair, earrings and dress make her look like one rich housewife. The dress itself is not that bad. It’s the styling. She should have put on some fierce sandals and worn her hair in a loose ponytail or something like that.

6. Christine January 20, 2014 at 13:41 #

She looks much better here! I like it.

7. the ogre January 20, 2014 at 15:10 #

I preferred her moody Vionnet look from the SAG Awards. This, I am not too sure about. The problem starts with the harsh lip colour and then goes on to different elements like the crinkled bodice and the nondescript shoes. The only thing I like are the earrings.

8. Giada January 20, 2014 at 15:24 #

I love the dress and the earrings, I really dislike the makeup and the shoes. The makeup looks harsh and dated.

9. Noemi January 20, 2014 at 16:07 #

The dress itself is quite beautiful but I don’t like anything about the styling. Hair and makeup ages her (she looks 40some) and I don’t particularly like the shoes.

10. Serenity January 20, 2014 at 16:39 #

I actually really like this, h2t. I even like the lipcolor, which I think works well with her new hair color, and is a bold but complementary counterpoint the the light blue. I also really like everything about the dress. While I agree, it should’ve been a bit shorter, it just doesn’t bother me too much. Initially, I thought I didn’t care for the shoes, and I do think the runway pair would have been better, I like these better once I saw them in other pics, up-close, and from the side-they work. I think she looks quite stunning, and this is a great Dior.

11. Ysatis January 20, 2014 at 16:39 #

This could have been a lovely look if the fit had been better. The shoes are boring. The hair and makeup are a huge let down.

12. arang January 20, 2014 at 16:54 #

Yes, that lipstick is definitely too harsh with the dress. I’m not sure it suits her coloring either. Wish the top weren’t satiny as it cheapens the look. But the overall silhouette looks great on her.

13. kane January 20, 2014 at 16:59 #

She completely took the punch out of this, very old-lady.

14. amy January 20, 2014 at 17:10 #

nice dress, wish it was a bit shorter, the length is making the look matronly. I saw closeups of this look and I have to say the makeup is awful, it’s aging her like crazy

15. gabis January 20, 2014 at 18:03 #

Not working for me. She does look like an old and tacky rich housewife.

16. Jai January 20, 2014 at 19:08 #

She’s always wears too much make up. I don’t get it.

17. Anne Gallagher January 21, 2014 at 02:34 #

I have stated my distaste for this Dior Spring 2014 collection before, but this is one if the better dresses from it. Even so, this is a “no” from me.

18. Tracy January 21, 2014 at 08:41 #

This look ages her dramatically and her makeup is a little garish. She looks 10 years older than she actually is.

19. Yeliz January 21, 2014 at 13:29 #

I think this is a beautiful look, I quite like it.

20. Markness January 21, 2014 at 15:22 #

I think if she wore her hair up and added that necklace, ths would’ve been great. Basically, copy the runway look. Hehehe.