20.01.14

Beyonce Knowles In Randi Rahm – Michelle Obama’s 50th Birthday Party

Beyonce Knowles In Randi Rahm - Michelle Obama’s 50th Birthday Party

Beyonce Knowles attended Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday party on Saturday (January 18) held at The White House in Washington, D.C.

I am guessing there was some kind of performance aspect to her attendance, because she wore a show-stopping Randi Rahm ultra-mini beaded and fringed Tina-Turner-esque dress; it’s something I can imagine her wearing while entertaining.

The sexy look was styled with nude pointy pumps, a hot-pink lip colour, and a selection of Lorraine Schwartz jewels including a stack of gold bracelets.

Too risqué for the White House, even if it was a performance look?

Credit: Beyonce.com

Helen Mirren In Elie Saab Couture - 2014 Producers Guild of America Awards

Helen Mirren In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Producers Guild of America Awards

Chloe Grace Moretz In Christopher Kane - 'Laggies' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Chloe Grace Moretz In Christopher Kane – ‘Laggies’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

28 Comments

28 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Randi Rahm – Michelle Obama’s 50th Birthday Party

1. Valissa January 20, 2014 at 11:14 #

Lol I can’t imagine her wearing this look during a performance…it’s so short! All that dancing and shaking that Beyonce does wouldn’t leave much to the imagination!
    But apart from the length I like it for what it is. I.E – a Beyonce look that is typically sexy, glittery and OTT

• Christine January 20, 2014 at 13:46 #

Pretty much

• ValS January 20, 2014 at 19:22 #

2. lucas January 20, 2014 at 11:17 #

wow, this is a fabulous grown up performance look! MAYBE too sexy for White House, but she’s Beyoncé lol

3. CreoleLady January 20, 2014 at 11:22 #

Interesting question about being too risque for the White House. I thought the birthday party was a private event. Oh well, everything is covered (barely, lol, maybe pun intended).

4. serapart January 20, 2014 at 11:28 #

i read that she performed two of her songs so this must be a perfomance look, especially with those ugly pumps, she only wears on stage…the dress couldve been a little longer, other than that nothing special..

5. kane January 20, 2014 at 11:30 #

Oh dear…

6. Alina January 20, 2014 at 11:34 #

It’s OK if it’s a performance outfit (which I believe it is because the heels are way too small for Beyonce’s standards).

7. justme January 20, 2014 at 11:56 #

It was not an official WH event so the short dress is ok.
    Judging by the sensible (ie ugly) heels, she definitely performed lol.

8. jummy January 20, 2014 at 12:23 #

Classic for the white house

9. Valeria B. January 20, 2014 at 12:26 #

First I thought that this was a revealing of Beyonces wax figure.

10. Regina January 20, 2014 at 13:23 #

Hahahahah! What? What’s with that FACE? Isn’t this woman too old to be making silly “sultry” faces?? The dress is great and her body is killer in it. But the hair and especially that facial expression ruin it all. I wonder if she was wearing that when she wrote her feminist manifesto the other day.

• Allyson January 20, 2014 at 22:29 #

She probably was wearing that outfit… and it shouldn’t negate what she said.

I wonder when women will be able to dress however they please without the constant judgment calls. Men get to do so. *sigh* Hope it happens in my lifetime.

• Regina January 22, 2014 at 08:36 #

Allyson, my point is this woman makes a living by presenting herself as a sexual object in pretty much every picture and video. Therefore, it reeks of hypocrisy when she plays the gender inequality card to say “groundbreaking” stuff like “gender equality is a myth”.

11. Lil's January 20, 2014 at 14:16 #

The first word that came to my mind when I saw that picture was: hooker!
    This is tacky from the wig, to the “dress” (which could be a top) to the awful shoes.

• Lil's January 20, 2014 at 14:16 #

oh and I forgot the makeup and sultry look

12. pinksugar January 20, 2014 at 14:27 #

The event was private and FLOTUS invited her wanting a show. This is what Beyonce does best. I think she looks sensational. It’s perfect for both a performance and a celebrating a birthday.

13. liz January 20, 2014 at 14:34 #

what the hell is that look on her face? she seems like she takes herself WAY too seriously.

14. the ogre January 20, 2014 at 14:50 #

I’m sorry but I can’t even concentrate on her look because that expression of hers has me perplexed totally. Other than that, what was she thinking?

15. Prudence January 20, 2014 at 17:04 #

wtf is that face bey?? And her hair has returned to its usual mess with those roots.

16. amy January 20, 2014 at 17:08 #

I’m on a fence on this one. it’s obviously tacky but you know it’s beyonce, I guess Ms O wanted a Bey show when she invited her so she gets a pass.

17. arang January 20, 2014 at 17:23 #

Eh, it needs another three inches in length to work as a dress, imo. What happens when she sits down in that? :( And I just don’t understand those shoes with that dress.

• Chaufforest January 21, 2014 at 12:46 #

For Gods sake guys…she was performing. What is she expected to wear…a Cape on top of this?

If Mrs O wanted anita baker or celine to be there she would’ve asked…this is what she wanted ” Bey” and that is what shw got.

18. Serenity January 20, 2014 at 18:01 #

I am going to give her a one-time pass on the sexy face, since a photo is taken in a split second, and PERHAPS she was ‘caught off guard’, or something. As unlikely as it is, it’s possible. Were this J. Lo, there would be no passes because we know she means it. Anyway, she looks dang good in that dress, in fact thinner, even. Maybe she wanted everyone to notice?? Point is, it’s a performance look, so I like it for that. If she wore it to dinner, that’s another story entirely.

19. koma January 20, 2014 at 20:57 #

she’s a beautiful woman but in these photos she looks a little bit like drag queen to me :/

• Yeliz January 21, 2014 at 13:09 #

+1 and I don’t like the dress either.

20. cherrysoftness January 21, 2014 at 01:31 #

Well we’ve seen her in sparkly panties on stage plenty of times – adding a skirt on the White House version is conservative, I guess? But something is off about this photo… it almost looks like it’s not actually her.

21. Anne Gallagher January 21, 2014 at 02:54 #

I hope to God this is a performance costume. If not — I can almost hear her breathlessly sing “Happy Birthday Mrs. President!” aka Marilyn Monroe. My way of saying “not cool” for this occasion.