Best Dressed Of The Week - Lupita Nyong'o In Ralph Lauren & Calvin Klein Collection and Chris Pine In Ermenegildo Zegna Couture2

You know you are a fashion force to be reckoned with when on a best-dressed poll the only person you are in competition with is yourself. That is what happened this week when Lupita Nyong’o’s Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein Collection looks ended up first and second place.

The majority of you picked Lupita’s Ralph Lauren Golden Globes gown. I also loved this look, but my favourite was the Calvin Klein Collection custom gown.

The Ralph Lauren look had too much of a Gwyneth Paltrow/Zhang Ziyi déjà vu-ness about it, which lost it half a point.

However, don’t be surprised if the Ralph Lauren ends up in my BDOTY list ahead of the CK, because that cape is clearly the more memorable ‘I’ve really arrived’ look.

When it came to the fellas there was no such dilemma. It was Team Chris Pine all the way; he took looking devilishly handsome, in a classic Ermenegildo Zegna Couture suit, to a whole new level.

Credit: Getty

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

8 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Lupita Nyong’o In Ralph Lauren & Calvin Klein Collection and Chris Pine In Ermenegildo Zegna Couture

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 20, 2014 at 17:46 #

I bet her Gucci SAG gown carries the win next week as well. :)

2. SilentVisitor January 20, 2014 at 18:01 #

The CK got my vote as well and the RL was my runner-up. I now wonder about her academy awards dress. I hope it is going to be epic

3. Nat39 January 20, 2014 at 18:04 #

While I thought her white CK worked better for her (it showed off her amazing physique and skin tone to such a striking effect), her dramatic red Ralph Lauren was more major and it’s the one that would most likely go on my BDOTY list as well.

4. Christine January 20, 2014 at 18:16 #

Her Ralph Lauren is definitely on my BDOTY list. One to remember at the end of the year for sure.

5. Alina January 20, 2014 at 19:02 #

Lupita is reigning supreme!

6. dee January 20, 2014 at 20:38 #

Lupita’s Gucci look should be in contention for BDOTY. These other looks weren’t as great.

7. Serenity January 20, 2014 at 23:42 #

I’m glad our ‘LuLu’ got BOTH of her gowns into the top spots this week. She just deserved it. Even in a week with Cate the Great rocking two amazing gowns herself. Now THAT is major!

8. Markness January 21, 2014 at 15:20 #

I agree FC. I much prefer that CK gown for that Gwyneth/Zhang reason. I want the Oscars to come now!!!!! What will Lupita wear? I hope it’s a different silhouette. She should play the game with Amy and Cate.