19.01.14

Kerry Washington In Prada – 2014 SAG Awards

Kerry Washington In Prada - 2014 SAG Awards

Kerry Washington made quite the attention-grabbing entrance at the 2014 SAG Awards, hosted at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California on Saturday (January 18).

No longer disguising her burgeoning baby bump—at all—the ‘Scandal’ star and nominee put on a custom Prada ensemble that was worlds away from standard maternity style.

Showing us that even expectant mothers can work the current cropped-top trend, she flaunted a fuchsia, silk gabardine elbow-sleeve, open-back top that glittered with hand-embroidered crystals, paillettes and tiny flowers.

The top was paired with a midnight-blue, high-waisted Mikado silk skirt with layered pleating detail, alongside lace-embellished Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalace’ pointy pumps.

Harry Winston jewels contributed even more sparkle, while the pop of a fuchsia and red silk Prada clutch added more colour. She topped off the look with a bouffant-style ’do and a simple headband, not to mention a matching pink lip.

This was a bold style move from Kerry, who was obviously having plenty of fun with fashion tonight. Did the risk pay off?

Credit: Getty

Emilia Clarke In Calvin Klein Collection – 2014 SAG Awards

Emilia Clarke In Calvin Klein Collection – 2014 SAG Awards

Gabrielle Union's Torn by Ronny Kobo 'Shauna' Zebra Sweater

Gabrielle Union’s Torn by Ronny Kobo ‘Shauna’ Zebra Sweater

58 Responses to Kerry Washington In Prada – 2014 SAG Awards

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 01:39 #

I’m such a fan and I hate to diss a pregnant Girl, but I think this abysmal and she looks ridiculous.

• snowlion January 19, 2014 at 04:52 #

I agree, all I can think is no,no,no!

• Anj January 19, 2014 at 06:52 #

So agree with this. She is worst dressed for me. Somehow instead of looking like an expectant mother, she looks like a child. This is just weird and awful.

• Charlotte January 19, 2014 at 10:40 #

I agree.
      The look is ridiculous and not flaterring !

2. Anne Gallagher January 19, 2014 at 01:39 #

I admire her courage for wearing a crop top, but I don’t care for the result.

• Susan N. January 19, 2014 at 01:46 #

• justme January 19, 2014 at 02:15 #

• Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 09:56 #

+3. This is a very bad look.

• kane January 19, 2014 at 15:38 #

and 4.

3. Fanny January 19, 2014 at 01:39 #

The only thing i dislike is the skirt, it looks so heavy.
    Love the rest, and she’s gorgeous in that fuchsia!

• SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 01:42 #

4. Christine January 19, 2014 at 01:40 #

Nothing wrong with having fun with fashion but this is all wrong. Wish the top was a bit longer and the skirt is horrible.

5. Princess Chi Chi January 19, 2014 at 01:41 #

Oh my god, no. Just no.

6. Laura January 19, 2014 at 01:42 #

I would have expected this from Mariah Carey but not Kerry Washington. There is nothing classy about a pregnant woman in a crop top at a formal event. Its not even a top its a smock. Awful.

7. Not my Style January 19, 2014 at 01:42 #

Fashion fail. She doesn’t even look happy or comfortable in this look .

8. Jasmin January 19, 2014 at 01:43 #

I adore Kerry but no. The skirt ruins it. Would’ve preferred an amazing dress. This is two misses for me. This and her and Globes dress were not up to par.

9. TT January 19, 2014 at 01:44 #

No, it does not look good… And you can see the skirt marks on her tummy…

10. Nat39 January 19, 2014 at 01:46 #

I wouldn’t think in a million years that someone like Kerry can demonstrate a plain lack of taste. This is dreadful, and the cheap-looking skirt is tragic.

11. Peixin January 19, 2014 at 01:46 #

There is no need to show your baby bump to the world while everyone is aware of that! The top and the skirt are beautiful but just not for a pregnant woman.

12. Ysatis January 19, 2014 at 01:48 #

Why Kerry? Why???

13. molly January 19, 2014 at 01:53 #

This is one of the most ridiculous outfits I have ever seen. Im sorry, but some things should just not be worn by pregnant women and crop tops top the list.

• Serenity January 19, 2014 at 02:46 #

Thank. You.

14. CreoleLady January 19, 2014 at 01:55 #

No. A shame because that hot pink color looks great on her. What a mish-mash.

15. Pedro January 19, 2014 at 02:00 #

Such a terrible look for her… at last she looks happy!

16. Ali F January 19, 2014 at 02:00 #

Kerry, I love you, but this is ridiculous.

• Alina January 19, 2014 at 06:09 #

I’m 100% with you.

17. Alex January 19, 2014 at 02:02 #

Horrific.

18. Prudence January 19, 2014 at 02:27 #

none of her prada outings have been successful, this one being the most tragic. I don’t even have an issue with the crop top, remember Kate Hudson used to flaunt the bump back in the day but it was done so well I did not mind it at all, sadly for Kerry with that terrible looking skirt this is just a disaster. No more Prada for this gal I beg.

19. Serenity January 19, 2014 at 02:47 #

This look was so ridic, I had to get up and take my tablet around to show everyone in my house. This is definitely a ‘What was she thinking?!’ moment.

20. msd January 19, 2014 at 03:03 #

Wow, some very judgey comments here about what pregnant ladies are allowed to do in public! I don’t think this outfit works but there’s no need to go full angry mommy bloggy on her.

21. amy January 19, 2014 at 03:46 #

nice try but nope. the top has lovely details and a cute color but the cropped part makes it look sloppy and the huge skirt isn’t helping.

22. Betelgeuze January 19, 2014 at 03:55 #

Nope. No no no.
    Had she maybe opted for a skintight skirt I would give this look a pass as a completely unique pregnancy celebrating essemble (I mean, come on, there’s a completely new human being in there being made from two cells! Whoa), but as it is, with the wide weirdly sitting skirt, all I say is, sorry, no.

23. Kathryn January 19, 2014 at 05:03 #

No! I thought she had turned a corner now that she wasn’t hiding her pregnancy anymore by put it looks like she made a u-turn to Tackyville. The skirt is terrible and the crop top hits in a weird spot. I love you Kerry but this is worst dressed for sure!

24. Diana January 19, 2014 at 05:07 #

I love it… Se looks soooo beatiful

25. lin January 19, 2014 at 05:17 #

She’s lost her mojo.

26. noo January 19, 2014 at 05:27 #

I love this, I am the only one who loves it but I do, I think it’s one of the best maternity looks ever, I get what she was going for!

• Taylor January 19, 2014 at 06:04 #

You are not the only one…I love this look. I like that it’s almost the opposite of the very elegant Balenciaga dress – a very fun look.

27. Lila January 19, 2014 at 06:09 #

This look is odd. The crop top is actually the only part of it I unabashedly like. It fits well and the color and beading are beautiful. The skirt, not so much. I’m not sure what kind of skirt would have looked good with this and I completely agree with choosing loose over tight but I don’t like this skirt at all. Why is the waist band so wide? Why is it a weird length hitting somewhere between ankle and floor? I don’t like the skirt at all.

I like the styling for the most part (fab shoes!) though I think the headband takes this look in a direction that is a bit too childish. Is there something different about her makeup? It looks like she’s wearing three times as much as she normally does.

28. arang January 19, 2014 at 06:22 #

Love Kerry Washington, but no. Just no. Pink looks lovely on her, though, and her face is radiant.

29. Tess January 19, 2014 at 07:13 #

Oh dear :(

30. illy January 19, 2014 at 08:00 #

I hate this look! It just seems one note to me and very similar to other looks she has worn on the red carpet. The full skirt, the pointy pumps, the headband. Yawn.

31. Markness January 19, 2014 at 09:35 #

Kerry should stop wearing Prada. It’s not working. What I don’t like is the skirt. The fabric looks cheap. If it had been a better skirt, this would be an ok look.

32. 麗林 January 19, 2014 at 09:42 #

I like this look a lot too. I think it’s fun and I like the idea of a cropped top.

33. Taylahre January 19, 2014 at 09:48 #

I’m sorry But she looks ridiculous … You just want to scream “Kerry your a pregnant women not a experimenting teenager” -this is whole lot of wrong and more

34. serapart January 19, 2014 at 11:33 #

from the front it may look ok but from the side its a big no for me, she shouldve stick with balenciaga…

35. Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 11:38 #

Not a big fan of the skirt but the crop top is cute and her hair and makeup is perfect. I just love that she is having fun, being care free and flaunting her bump.

36. Giada January 19, 2014 at 11:58 #

Another Prada-fail. They just can’t get their red carpet-looks right can they? Even the red-burgundy dress they did for Michelle Dockery looked great from the front but incredibly home sewn from the back.

37. jess January 19, 2014 at 12:20 #

WDOTY contender!

38. the ogre January 19, 2014 at 13:46 #

I mean I can understand she’s trying to push a lot boundaries with her maternity style but I won’t even want to see her in this mess if she hadn’t been pregnant. I loved her Balenciaga look from the Globes, so I don’t understand this one at all.

39. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2014 at 14:46 #

OH NO. Kerry + pregnancy style + Prada has proved to be a disastrous combination, and it strikes again. Crop tops, imo, are always tacky–and this floppy, awkward, garish one, worn with a heavy and unflattering skirt…wow. This is really bad. WDOTN for sure, and WDOTY worthy, perhaps, if only because Kerry can do better.

40. Camille January 19, 2014 at 15:42 #

I’m going to cut her a teeny bit of slack and assume that because Prada custom made this for her (I believe she said that to the E reporter) she felt obligated to wear it, or perhaps had no back up outfit??? For reals people, this is pretty tragic on every level. The ONLY thing good about the whole hot mess is that pink color is very flattering.

For those who actually liked the crop top, did you notice how the side seams were either notched or to me looked as if the top was so small, they had to unseam them part way in order to make the top fit??? Awful!!!

She’s too beautiful and too stylish for this disconnected, ridiculous pieced together tragic in every way mess!

41. kimjustkim January 19, 2014 at 16:05 #

all of you blind fash’un screen dwellers need to BOW DOWN to the honorable Kerry Washington.

Full stop.

42. Sanya January 19, 2014 at 20:56 #

I love that she loves her pregnancy. This is awesome. She looks cool.

• Pam January 19, 2014 at 22:41 #

Funny, because to me it seems like she is just denying having a bump at all.

43. Jai January 19, 2014 at 21:07 #

This girl has severely lost her fashion mo jo.

44. Pam January 19, 2014 at 22:40 #

Not very flattering, even for a pregnant lady. If she raises her arm we’re going to see her pregnant under boob. What’s wrong with wearing maternity clothes? If that crop top was a short dress that showed off her legs she would have looked fantastic.

45. Joy January 20, 2014 at 00:46 #

I love the top part. The pink is so pretty on her, but I’m in agreement with the consensus that the rest is absolutely ridiculous. She looked so elegant at the GG in the Balenciaga, I think that’s a much better direction for her.

46. Kathy January 20, 2014 at 02:42 #

There’s a huge difference between embracing your pregnancy and dressing like you’re not even expecting. This look is disastrous on so many levels. It looks ridiculous, first of all, and second, it widens Kerry’s frame in the most unflattering way. I don’t like the aging hairdo either.