19.01.14

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 SAG Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 SAG Awards

Julia Roberts looked vibrant on the red carpet at the 2014 SAG Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on Saturday (January 18) in Los Angeles.

The ‘August: Osage County’ actress made an unexpected choice, opting for a hot pink, wide-leg Valentino jumpsuit with silver earrings and silver, a Roger Vivier ‘Secret Garden Maxi Boite de Nuit’ clutch, platform sandals. Maybe she was taking her inspiration from ‘American Hustle’.

Julia heavily favors black and white on the red carpet so I was thrilled to see her in this vibrant pink and she looked thrilled to be wearing it. It kills me that she’s a little saggy on top which, in turn, makes her look a little pouchy in the middle. With a little body tape it would have been flawless.

From the neck up Julia looks as gorgeous as always with tousled waves, a pink lip and her famous smile.

Although it wasn’t quite perfect, I think this will be a fan favorite. What did you think?

Credit: Getty

18 Comments
Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 2014 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2014 SAG Awards

Isla Fisher In Oscar de la Renta – 2014 SAG Awards

Isla Fisher In Oscar de la Renta – 2014 SAG Awards

18 Responses to Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 SAG Awards

1. Christine January 19, 2014 at 02:17 #

This look better on TV than in pictures. I like that this is a jumpsuit and not a dress.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 02:20 #

It is a jumpsuit. It looks cheap to me. The body looks reptilian, some how. Not a fan.

• Sanya January 19, 2014 at 21:02 #

3. Serenity January 19, 2014 at 02:26 #

I don’t care for this on her at all. Even if the fit was good-which it isn’t-I still don’t care for the jumpsuit itself. From the neck up, she looks gorge, though.

4. jessicamarantelli January 19, 2014 at 02:26 #

Loving that she is wearing some colour and pink seems to be the colour of the moment. I agree with you about the fit however…it makes her look a little top heavy and (to use your word FC) pouchy. Still loving you Julia but not best dressed.

5. amy January 19, 2014 at 03:29 #

love the jumpsuit and the color but it does make her look heavy

6. Malinda Jane January 19, 2014 at 03:48 #

The crotch on this is so weird and strangely low and boxy? I just don’t understand this look at all.

7. noo January 19, 2014 at 05:22 #

I will take what I get from Julia, simple because I was starting to think she was turning into Meryl Streep (Fashion-wise)

8. Lila January 19, 2014 at 05:59 #

I like this from the waist up. The color is beautiful on her and she looks beautiful. The pants on this jumpsuit are weird though. Is the crotch too low? Are the pants too wide? I’m not sure but the fit is way, way off.

9. Alina January 19, 2014 at 06:02 #

The colour is nice… but that’s all.

• Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 10:06 #

10. Tess January 19, 2014 at 07:06 #

This is heinous, what bothers me is the placement of the pleat in the front and the wide lower portion of the silhouette which just makes her look short and stumpy. She looks fine from the waist up in the cropped photo but overall its a disaster.

11. Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 12:28 #

She is so beautiful. Not quite perfect, as you said but I still really like it. The colour was a fantastic choice!

12. the ogre January 19, 2014 at 12:56 #

I only like the colour. She also looks great from the neck up. The fit of the jumpsuit or whatever this is, is horrendous.

13. kane January 19, 2014 at 15:35 #

Love the colour! Such an improvement at least in that department.

14. manja January 19, 2014 at 19:48 #

love the color and from neck up,but nothing else.shd have worn gown/dress,not jumpsuit,does nothing for her fihure

15. Anne Gallagher January 20, 2014 at 02:23 #

I think it is a little short waisted for her. No tape can fix that. Is it just me or is Julia Roberts putting on a little weight?

16. EmmaWoodhouse January 20, 2014 at 16:35 #

Firstly, I dislike jumpsuits, wide-legged pants, and plunging necks. So this doesn’t work for me even in theory. In practice, though, it’s even worse–it’s unflattering, odd, stumpifying, and just all around bad. Only the color is good.