Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2014 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 2014 SAG Awards

Jennifer Lawrence shone brightly on the red carpet of the 2014 SAG Awards, hosted Saturday night (January 18) at The Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California.

The ‘American Hustle’ star and outstanding supporting role nominee made a rather remarkable entrance in a Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture gown with Brian Atwood heels.

The strapless column design featured a similar silhouette we’ve seen a number of times on Jennifer. But what really made this look so exquisite was the constellation of sparkling, multicolour sequins that added a glossy, dimensional layer to the dress.

Choosing her statement jewel to be her earrings, she wore a splendid, geometric-shaped gemstone pair by Jennifer Meyer.

She also toned down her makeup, with a smoldering smokey eye taking centre stage against a nude lip. The piece-y rendition of her choppy bob added extra edge, while the

While none of us will be shocked by the appearance of Dior again, what was extraordinary was the difference between this classically glamorous glitz and her 2014 Golden Globes gown from the same couture collection, which drew some unfortunate comparisons and not a whole lot of praise.

Much improved?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elisabeth Moss In Michael Kors – 2014 SAG Awards

Elisabeth Moss In Michael Kors – 2014 SAG Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino - 2014 SAG Awards

Julia Roberts In Valentino – 2014 SAG Awards

68 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – 2014 SAG Awards

1. Susan N. January 19, 2014 at 02:07 #

A Jennifer Lawrence Dior look that I actually like, from head to toe.

• Christine January 19, 2014 at 02:18 #

It look even more stunning on TV. Her best Dior look for sure.

• dee January 19, 2014 at 04:18 #

Agreed.

• Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 11:48 #

I agree, and may even go so far as to say that I love this look.

• gabis January 20, 2014 at 14:28 #

Yup. Finally.

2. Princess Chi Chi January 19, 2014 at 02:08 #

Her dress looks like an 80’s sequin nightmare and her earrings look ridiculously dated. The tummy area looks far too tight. Liking her make-up and hair though.

• snowlion January 19, 2014 at 04:50 #

Yes to all that. I’ll probably forget it in a few minutes.

3. jessicamarantelli January 19, 2014 at 02:09 #

Shes always my favourtie out of sheer personality but this time………WOW!! Finally a Dior that really suits Jennifer. I love this dress and the earrings are to die for. BDOTW for sure

• Kate January 19, 2014 at 02:11 #

I agree! I’m really loving this look!

4. SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 02:10 #

Very very much improved. She looks great…….

5. Michaela January 19, 2014 at 02:11 #

Much better! She looks stunning.

• Rosanna January 19, 2014 at 03:12 #

6. justme January 19, 2014 at 02:11 #

Much, MUCH improved and yet still not a dress I will remember a week from now.
    I remain on the #freejenniferfromdior train.

• msd January 19, 2014 at 02:27 #

+1 The fabric is cool but it’s not a dress anyone will remember.

7. molly January 19, 2014 at 02:20 #

Finally a Dior look I can get behind!
    She looks amazing, this dress really suits her laid back personality.

8. Shelby January 19, 2014 at 02:21 #

Most improved!

9. Prudence January 19, 2014 at 02:22 #

her best dior look since the Oscars.

10. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 02:23 #

Beautiful. Redemption for Jenn and Raf.

11. Bec January 19, 2014 at 02:23 #

Am I the only one who thinks it is wayyy too tight across the hips? I find it really distracting.

• Tina January 19, 2014 at 02:30 #

I do find it a little tight as well, but overall the effect of dress is pretty good. Definitely her best Dior look so far, imo.

• kane January 19, 2014 at 15:36 #

I was wondering that too. Still, well done, Jennifer.

12. Serenity January 19, 2014 at 02:28 #

This was one of the best dresses of the collection, and I’m really pleased to see her in it. She looks great-h2t-much improved from the Globes.

13. Derro January 19, 2014 at 02:45 #

DIVINE. Best dressed of the Globes.

• Derro January 19, 2014 at 02:45 #

*SAG Awards oops

14. Jess January 19, 2014 at 03:14 #

Not totally memorable and a bit tight, but it’s very, very much improved from her previous Dior showings. I do like the hair and make up though.

15. Kathy January 19, 2014 at 03:27 #

Love love love. I know I’m in the minority when I say I actually like the Dior-JLaw pairing, but this look should definitely win some skeptics over.

16. amy January 19, 2014 at 03:28 #

I love it. the shape is simple but the material is incredible. now that’s a look.she looks incredible

17. Valissa January 19, 2014 at 04:02 #

Finally! This is the J-Law I love to see on the red carpet. It’s sleek, glamorous and she actually looks comfortable to be in it! It’s probably her best look since last years award season…

18. Renata January 19, 2014 at 04:26 #

Meh. Forgettable.

19. SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 04:52 #

When you have a contract with a couture house like Dior, are you obligated to wear their dresses every time?

• noo January 19, 2014 at 05:24 #

Doesn’t this hurt the house as well? most of the couture dresses are worn by j-law or marion! isn’t that bad for dior too?!

• Derro January 19, 2014 at 11:50 #

I believe it’s in her contract that wear Dior to all premieres of HER movies plus the four main televised awards shows (Globes, SAG, Critics Choice and Oscars).

• Derro January 19, 2014 at 11:50 #

Sorry I meant BAFTA not Critics Choice*

20. noo January 19, 2014 at 05:25 #

I feel like if I say I love this I will be enabling a dior-addict. I love her make up, and her earrings!

21. Taylahre January 19, 2014 at 05:35 #

Why couldn’t she whipped this out on the hunger games : catching fire promo tour

• Catherine Kallon January 19, 2014 at 09:36 #

Couldn’t agree more

• admmgz January 21, 2014 at 00:03 #

ITA!

• Serenity January 19, 2014 at 17:50 #

Because she had to save somethingg decent for awards season….

• noo January 20, 2014 at 05:01 #

The sad thing is; that raf simmons didn’t create 10 good dresses all year long for the house of dior!

22. Tamara January 19, 2014 at 05:40 #

I do really like this and agree with everyone that its her best red carpet look in a really long time! But why is it ALWAYS strapless? I feel like 90 percent of her red carpet outfits are strapless and it’s so repetitive it’s annoying! Look at Lupita’s 3 outfits so far (neckline/sleeve bit only): Off shoulder/cape at the Globes, halter criss cross neck at the Critics Choice Awards and now this beautiful floral appliquéd neckline at the SAGs. Oh well why am I complaining, it’s a Dior-J-Law look that doesn’t make her look twice her age and isn’t white lol.

23. Alina January 19, 2014 at 06:05 #

This is good Dior.

24. arang January 19, 2014 at 06:16 #

As so many others are saying, Finally! They picked the right gown. Simple, sleek, stunning colors, shiny (in the best possible way) and, above all, young and vibrant enough for her — what’s not to like?

25. Tess January 19, 2014 at 07:11 #

Huge improvement from the GG’s. She looks sensational.

26. Elise January 19, 2014 at 08:25 #

Much improved, but I’m absolutely tired of this agreement with Dior.

27. TL January 19, 2014 at 09:41 #

If FC is giving her a award, I hope the name of it is ‘YET ANOTHER DIOR’ award. Time to do some changes Jen.

28. Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 10:05 #

MUCH improved. Actually, she is one of my favourites of the night. The fit of the gown is perfect, she looks stunning.

• admmgz January 21, 2014 at 00:04 #

29. Gail January 19, 2014 at 10:24 #

A much much better outing from Jennifer in Dior this time. A bit tight around the hips, but the neckline shows off her lovely shoulders and this dress better suits her fresh and youthful personality. Could be better but we have to wait for the Oscars to hope for a comeback.

30. Charlotte January 19, 2014 at 10:39 #

She looks great but this is a little bit boring.

31. Jai January 19, 2014 at 10:45 #

This looks great, it actually suits her. Love the earrings. And it goes with the crop hair cut.

32. dream dress January 19, 2014 at 10:46 #

Has Dior run of ideas? Why Jennifer has soooo many strapless dresses? Seriously I’m tired of Dior’s strapless dresses.

• Tamara January 20, 2014 at 14:17 #

I know right?! I said the same thing in my comment a little above yours. The strapless thing is really getting tiresome- and I think it’s ageing her subtly as well- when she wears the racer back-sleeveless Calvin Klein/McQ silhouettes she looks so much younger and cooler!

33. Ana January 19, 2014 at 10:52 #

Finally! Finally she choosed my favorite look from this Dior collection!! She looks gorgeous!!

• Fiona-Brasil January 19, 2014 at 11:51 #

34. the ogre January 19, 2014 at 12:51 #

Finally a Dior look she is happy to carry off. It’s perfectly styled with those earrings. Young and vibrant, the fit of the gown is divine and I don’t think it’s too tight. She breathes more life into this sequinned statement with her presence. It’s a slihouette we’ve seen before but I’m not complaining because she hasn’t looked this good in Dior in a while. Also, I’m sure it’s not entirely her fault that people will forget about this look in a week. She wears it well and for me it’s a great moment for her.

35. root January 19, 2014 at 12:57 #

<3 her dress

36. Susan January 19, 2014 at 15:44 #

Love this look

37. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2014 at 15:48 #

A great improvement–though I don’t love shiny tight things, the fabric is very intriguing and her styling and confidence does much to sell the look. It’s also a great color on her.

38. Camille January 19, 2014 at 16:27 #

She looked fabulous. On my tv the color came across as deep purple and I thought it looked amazing on her. It had a lot of shine and her hair, makeup and accessories were perfect compliments. This is one of the only Dior looks she’s worn that I’m impressed with.

39. Elena January 19, 2014 at 16:49 #

This must be the best Dior dress she’s ever worn. However, there’s nothing particularly memorable about it. Yeah, she looks good, hot even, but we’ll forget about it the moment she steps in another dioresque attempt of high fashion.

40. ramsay January 19, 2014 at 18:43 #

Finally a Dior dress that actually looks good on Jennifer – and finally no volume (we were getting tired of all those voluminous dresses she’d been wearing)
    I find those Dior contracts really too constricting – I mean wearing Dior to most every single event for Jen, Marion, Charlize (previously) is just too much – the public gets bored – and it’s not effective IMO
    I find the Armani formula (i.e. make Cate wear Armani at the big events: GG, Oscar etc.) or the Chanel formula (same thing with Keira or Nicole previously) to be more effective
    Give freedom to your starlets, let them make their own choices, so when they wear your designs it looks like they chose them not that they were imposed to them
    Even in business terms I think it can create a better image, have a stronger impact and sell more products
    We already know by now that at the Oscars Jen will wear one of the 5 last dresses of the Dior couture collection that will be shown next week and we will all go on style.com to check them, see which one is the most red-carpet friendly and know beforehand than in a month and a half time Jen will wear it to the Oscars. And when this happens, even if the dress is a masterpiece, we will be less dazzled than we could be because the whole thing will be old news to us and it will have a much lower impact…

• Kathy January 20, 2014 at 02:37 #

I completely agree. I don’t have a problem with the Dior contract itself, because it’s produced some great results in the past year or so, but seeing Jennifer in the same designer over and over is tiring. Sometimes a look loses its novelty simply because we know she already knew was forced to wear a certain collection at a certain event ahead of time. It becomes predictable, and it makes outfits that would otherwise be memorable much less so.

41. manja January 19, 2014 at 19:56 #

love it from H2T,she looks her beautiful,young,vibrant self again,my best dressed of the night

42. Sanya January 19, 2014 at 21:01 #

So much better then on runway. One of her best looks.

43. Fromchi-town January 19, 2014 at 21:57 #

This look is far better than her prev outings and she looks beautiful. But it’s not a memorable look, also seems like there are some fit issues around the hip.

44. Anne Gallagher January 20, 2014 at 02:21 #

It is ok, very much the standard glitzy red carpet dress, but not a particularly memorable one.

45. Shilpa January 20, 2014 at 03:57 #

She is wearing a gift wrap……

46. hally January 20, 2014 at 09:21 #

finally a suitable dior for jennifer! and the dress is perfectly styled with those earrings. but that kate gosselin hair, i can’t get over it! why doesn’t anyone fix it? doesn’t she have like 20 more years before she gets mom hair?