Helen Mirren In Escada – 2014 SAG Awards

Helen Mirren In Escada - 2014 SAG Awards

Dame Helen Mirren showed up women half her age at the 2014 SAG Awards held at the Shrine Auditorium on Saturday (January 18) in Los Angeles.

The ‘Phil Spector’ actress, who won for Outstanding Actress in a film or miniseries, wore an exquisite Escada Pre-Fall 2014 gown with a Jimmy Choo clutch, Dolce and Gabbana shoes and Neil Lane jewelry.

Helen has mastered the art of looking both seductive and age appropriate, which is no small feat at the age of 68. The incredibly unique beading and embroidery is of course the highlight of the gown but the wide sash, voluminous skirt and illusion sleeves all contribute to the perfection.

Slicked back hair, which has been trending this season, shows off Helen’s black and gold chandelier earrings and a red lip pulls the whole thing together.

Dame Helen looked positively regal. Another best-dressed nominee.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

17 thoughts on “Helen Mirren In Escada – 2014 SAG Awards

1. jessicamarantelli

I agree, it looked great on the telly. I love the ease with which this woman dresses. Congrats to the SAG winner for her great fashion choice.

2. Nat39

A bit overwhelming imo, and I don’t like her hair styled this way and I think I would’ve preferred a more subtle pink lipcolour instead of the harsh red. But she looks great anyway, a nice age-appropriate look for her.

3. Fiona - Perth

She looks amazing – again! I love this on her even better than her green Golden Globes gown. She looks edgy, sexy and yet completely elegant and regal, all at the same time. She seems to have a lot of fun dressing up.

4. Serenity

Per.fec.tion. The hair and makeup are what really sells this to me. She is a Dame, but in this dress she looks like a, queen.

5. the ogre

She really does know her stuff. Another outstanding look from her! She was sensible enough to not keep the bow on the sash from the look book. Hair and make up are perfect.

6. Sanya

She looked sexy to me, and I never thought I would say that for her. Elegant-yes, flawless-yes, but she also looked better than most of other younger ladies.

7. Joy

You said it perfectly FC,

“Helen has mastered the art of looking both seductive and age appropriate”.

If only every mature celebrity could take notice. I think Helen takes huge risks and has enormous confidence to always pull these beautiful looks off. She’s a great inspiration to every women.