19.01.14

Claire Danes In Vionnet – 2014 SAG Awards

Claire Danes In Vionnet - 2014 SAG Awards

Claire Danes took an elegant walk down the red carpet of the 2014 SAG Awards in Los Angeles this evening (January 18).

The ‘Homeland’ star and nominee wore a stunning crêpe-de-chine mermaid dress with inlaid panels and blue paillette embroidery on tulle from the Vionnet VIP collection.

With such a true work-of-art as a gown, the accents were ever-so-important for Claire, and her Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals and simple Forevermark Diamonds jewelry were ideal.

Dramatic, blue smokey eyes, berry lips and plenty of volume in her hair finished the look.

Some may argue that she should have pulled her hair up, but I love what Claire is doing here from head to toe.

Credit: Getty

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi - 2014 SAG Awards

Amy Adams In Antonio Berardi – 2014 SAG Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Gucci - 2014 SAG Awards

Lupita Nyong’o In Gucci – 2014 SAG Awards

28 Responses to Claire Danes In Vionnet – 2014 SAG Awards

1. Christine January 19, 2014 at 02:37 #

This is awful. From the hair to the makeup. She seen better days on the RC.

• Alina January 19, 2014 at 05:53 #

Sadly, I agree.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 19, 2014 at 02:39 #

I have not seen this except for this shot. From here,I love it. The dark honey hair is also fab. Really brings out Claire’s eyes.

3. Fanny January 19, 2014 at 02:43 #

This is awesome, I love it!
    Such a good award season so far; so much color and glitter and people really dressing up. It’s fun to see and I can’t wait for the Oscars!

4. Bec January 19, 2014 at 02:44 #

I think I would love this if it didn’t have the mesh above the bust.

• jessicamarantelli January 19, 2014 at 02:57 #

I agree with you about the neckline. But I still love this dress. Its more a work of art with all of the different colours of crepe and the blue embroided panel down the front. Not loving the hair though but it might be that I dont like the darker tone which mutes her usually sparkling blonde hair.

• SilentVisitor January 19, 2014 at 04:55 #

• Jess2 January 19, 2014 at 12:53 #

+3, it is still a good look though.

• Noemi January 19, 2014 at 13:26 #

I agree with you, the mesh makes it look quite unflattering, while I like all the rest of the dress. I’m not convinced by the eye makeup, a bit messy.

5. msd January 19, 2014 at 02:46 #

This is one of the more interesting looks tonight. It has a bit of va-va-voom to it, which is a nice change of pace for her.

6. Alex January 19, 2014 at 02:54 #

Dreadful and the makeup is ghastly.

7. amy January 19, 2014 at 03:00 #

the dress is interesting, but I need more pics in order to make up my mind. her hair is bothering me though, too messy for the look

8. Lila January 19, 2014 at 04:49 #

I think the artistry of the dress is gorgeous and she is doing nothing for it. Her whole look is sloppy to me instead of edgy or glamorous like I think the dress deserved.

9. arang January 19, 2014 at 05:48 #

I think her makeup artist may have gotten overenthusiastic on the eye shadow, but as whole, she looks stunning. Sure the gown’s out of the common way, but the embroidery/paillettes on the front are just beautiful, and the whole shape of it suits her body to a tee. Very graceful. I also agree that the hair down is a nice touch.

10. m January 19, 2014 at 05:49 #

i wouldnt change a thing… she rarely takes risks.. and usually sticks to safe choices… i think this is a great look… its interesting and she does pull if off…

• Serenity January 19, 2014 at 06:03 #

Exactly.

11. Anj January 19, 2014 at 06:48 #

I really dislike the nude panels. They look cheap, like they ran out of embroidery from the front. If they continued the embroidery to cover the sides, I would’ve loved this dress.

12. Tess January 19, 2014 at 06:59 #

One of my favourites at the event. Dramatic and stunning.

• manja January 19, 2014 at 19:22 #

+1 one of the best of the night,love the new hair color and make up.don’t remember her ever looking this good

13. Charlotte January 19, 2014 at 10:36 #

I think she looks really great, the dress is perfect on her and I love her new hair color. The make up is a little bit too heavy though.

14. Yeliz January 19, 2014 at 10:46 #

I kinda like this look.

15. the ogre January 19, 2014 at 13:29 #

Ooh, so moody. I love this dress. A work of art as everyone says and suits every bit of body and personality. I only feel that the eye make up is too heavy and the hair could have been sleeker or put up. But I can understand that the mysterious nature of the dress is more pronounced with the hair down on her shoulders.

16. kane January 19, 2014 at 15:30 #

The eye make up is risky. I don’t think she looks her best, but certainly her most interesting.

17. Michelle January 19, 2014 at 20:11 #

As someone who has hated her as a *brassy, bleached out blonde, I am loving the darker, honey hued hair. Looks 100x better. I think her whole look is great!
    *Now if only Kate Winslet would do the same and darken her locks, too..

18. Sanya January 19, 2014 at 21:08 #

The dress is nice, not spectacular, but what I really like is her dramatic makeup. Something new from Claire, and it paid of.

19. Anne Gallagher January 20, 2014 at 01:52 #

I love the layering of different fabric textures for this dress.

20. gabis January 20, 2014 at 14:28 #

I LOVE this dress. Truly a work-of-art as rarely been seen lately. Her simple styling is flawless and could’ve not been a better choice for this incredible gown. I don’t mind the hair I also think it’s a nice touch but I can’t get on board with that eye makeup. It looks so unpolished and poorly done.

21. EmmaWoodhouse January 20, 2014 at 18:40 #

Gorgeous and unique. I wish the tulle was tighter or more draped (one or the other–just not saggy) in a couple places, but the bedazzled front of the dress is really beautiful and the whole look is memorable. Love her hair.