17.01.14

Fashion Critics’ 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Roundup

Critics Choice BD
Critics Choice BD 2Critics Choice BD 3

Credit: Getty

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

19 Responses to Fashion Critics’ 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Roundup

1. CreoleLady January 17, 2014 at 14:28 #

Still swooning over Lupita and Amy. What on earth could they possibly have in reserve for the Oscars? The Oscars are late this year, no way anyone can maintain this high level of fashion fabulousness until then. But I’m sure going to enjoy watching them try!

2. Charlotte January 17, 2014 at 14:31 #

IMO, Sandra Bullock’s look is way worse than her GG’s look !

3. Ramsay January 17, 2014 at 14:44 #

I love Lupita and I like this gown
    However doesn’t anyone else think it’s a long version of a dress that Naomie Harris wore last year?
    I know I had also likened her GG dress to the Gwyneth dress but again I love Lupita – it just happened that the only 2 times I had some sort of critique seem to be on the 2 most important events for her short career – and I think on both occasions the praise was a bit exaggerated

• CreoleLady January 17, 2014 at 15:22 #

I did not think of Harris or Paltrow until folks like you brought them up. Sure, I see similarities. However, to use a bit of exaggeration to make a point — just because Paltrow wore a dress with a cape, does that mean no one else can do so ever again without being dinged because Paltrow wore a dress with a cape? The dresses aren’t so similar as to be indistinguishable. Same with whatever Harris dress you are referring to.

Lupita looked stunning in the red dress and looks stunning in this white one. I’d feel that way no matter what Harris or Paltrow wore before. If you think that praise is exaggerated, we’ll simply have to agree to disagree.

• SilentVisitor January 17, 2014 at 15:58 #

Totally agree with CreoleLady

• Serenity January 17, 2014 at 18:17 #

• Penè January 17, 2014 at 19:21 #

ITA. She looks good in what she is wearing but she has not brought anything new this year.

4. Jones19 January 17, 2014 at 14:46 #

LOL the Pharrell award is hilar! I’m missing a “Who knew she could look this good? Award” for Juliette Lewis ;)

5. Alina January 17, 2014 at 14:48 #

Lupita is on fire!

6. Yeliz January 17, 2014 at 14:49 #

I agree on all of these awards. ‘Most Likely To Go Wading After The Event Award’ LOL

7. Maz January 17, 2014 at 15:01 #

Ha ha! I LOVE Pharell’s award.

• mm January 17, 2014 at 15:29 #

me to. LMAO!!

8. JamilaMaz January 17, 2014 at 15:16 #

Lupita is slaying my soul every time I see her, omg girl just yes

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 17, 2014 at 15:24 #

LOL @ Pharrell’s award…the man is deluding himself.
    Jessica Chastain, Amy Adams, and Cate were my faves at this event.

10. marie January 17, 2014 at 16:16 #

I’m already dreading the BDOTW poll. I can’t choose between Lupita’s CK and the RL!

11. Nat39 January 17, 2014 at 16:41 #

Another jaw-dropping moment for Lupita, and Amy made my heart melt in her precious pink gown, so soft and beautiful – the best 2 of the night, hands down. That awful grey plaid on James may not be to my liking but it was the boldest choice and he rocked it with confidence, a deserving winner.
    Sandra’s look was better this time but still not enough, I felt underwhelmed once again, hoping she will continue to improve.

12. Serenity January 17, 2014 at 18:26 #

Lupita took my breath away. It was my best dressed moment of the year so far!

13. Carrie January 17, 2014 at 18:32 #

I love your round up posts like this. :)