Adèle Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Adèle Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton - 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Adele Exarchopoulos attended the 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards held at Barker Hangar on Thursday (January 16) in Santa Monica as a Best Young Actress nominee for ‘Blue Is The Warmest Color’.

The French beauty wore another look from Louis Vuitton’s Spring 2014 collection.

Her black beaded and feather-accented sheer gown is a daring choice, and one I almost favoured until I discovered that the undergarment looks like cycling shorts.

A silver Louis Vuitton minaudiere and matching pumps accessorized her look, with a lacquered hairdo and bronze smoky eyes provided the finishing touches.

Are the apparent cycling shorts a deal breaker?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fan Bingbing In Delpozo - 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Singapore Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Delpozo – ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Singapore Premiere

Reese Witherspoon's Saint Laurent 'Classic Duffel 6' Bag And Valentino 'Rockstud' Ballet Flats

Reese Witherspoon’s Saint Laurent ‘Classic Duffel 6′ Bag And Valentino ‘Rockstud’ Ballet Flats

29 Responses to Adèle Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. SilentVisitor January 17, 2014 at 03:35 #

Don’t understand her look. Did she bike to the event?

2. Malinda Jane January 17, 2014 at 03:39 #

This look is borderline insane and I love it. BIKE SHORTS. It’s nuts.

• Martin January 17, 2014 at 03:48 #

TOTALLY. AGREE. I cannot help but love this look. She plays by her own rules and for that I’m so grateful.

I’ll take bike shorts under a crazy sheer embellished dress over yet another fishtail, tedious, banal, seen-it-a-million-times-before evening gown any day of the week.

• pipsqueak January 17, 2014 at 14:12 #

Well said! Especially that part about those evening gowns.

• H January 17, 2014 at 03:51 #

A winner!! I like this look too, I appreciate different and suits her well, she looked great on tv!

3. Nat39 January 17, 2014 at 03:45 #

The shorts are beyond ridiculous and those feathers on the shoulders are just too much, she looks boxy and overwhelmed. This is bad.

• Yeliz January 17, 2014 at 09:25 #

I agree on all points. I guess her Golden Globes look was an exception, since she continues in making the wrong choices for the red carpet.

4. Serenity January 17, 2014 at 03:47 #

This…after her excellent showing at the Globes. Why…this? I literally had a chill run up my spine upon seeing this…I don’t even know what to call this.

• Serenity January 17, 2014 at 03:50 #

OMG! And she won! She looks like a linebacker on stage accepting her award. I refuse to believe that a stylist had anything to do with this atrocity.

5. Britta January 17, 2014 at 03:50 #

She looks beautiful! I totally get on board with it. She is young – 20 years – and french! If anyone should do this look it’s her!

6. J Johnson January 17, 2014 at 04:48 #

I mean, her styling is an improvement over the runway model, at least!

But still, BIKE SHORTS. Why?! She could’ve put a black slip under this and gotten the same effect – only it wouldn’t be bike. shorts.

7. Alina January 17, 2014 at 05:36 #

Just… NO.

8. chicshrieks January 17, 2014 at 07:05 #

One of the very few blessed people that could pll this off. I didn’t even notice he bike shorts-I just thought it was a slip. Anyway, at least Adele didn’t wear it with jeans and that ridiculous headress :)

9. scarlett January 17, 2014 at 08:40 #

She’s so young and French, you know if anyone can wear bike shorts under a sheer gown then it’s her. I sort of love it for if for no other reason than she had the balls to wear it.

• pixie January 17, 2014 at 12:00 #

Can’t agree more! Per say, I adore Jennifer Lawrence the same but somehow I feel like she is trapped in a boring Dior contract. This is way more fun to watch.

10. Charlotte January 17, 2014 at 09:00 #

I don’t like sheer panel (never !). If the sheer panel was lined, it would have been a great look. I love the top of the dress, the hair and the make up.

11. msd January 17, 2014 at 09:37 #

I like it when people take risks but this dress is wearing her instead of the other way round. She looks swamped.

12. Anne Gallagher January 17, 2014 at 09:57 #

I really don’t care for this dress. It is such a messy look. Never a good sign when you have to wear shorts under a gown.

13. Christine January 17, 2014 at 10:55 #

Them shorts are distracting from liking this look

14. Noemi January 17, 2014 at 10:58 #

It’s january but I would put this in WDOTY list. I don’t need to say more.

15. Tati M January 17, 2014 at 12:43 #

Yes, they are

16. Dean January 17, 2014 at 13:19 #

Kinda wish this sheer trend would finish. It wouldn’t look half as bad, had she had of lined the gown.

17. dee January 17, 2014 at 13:51 #

This is awful.

18. CreoleLady January 17, 2014 at 14:21 #

Lol. The fastest magnifique (the Globes MiuMiu gown) to tragique (this — whatever it is) I’ve seen in a while. No gradual decline here, extreme fashion whiplash, rotfl.

19. gabis January 17, 2014 at 16:59 #

I don’t find it all in all bad. Blame it on the cycling shorts for all the negativity towards the look. Had she wore it with hot pants or fully lined the bottom it would’ve been a winning look. The simple styling perfectly fits this busy dress.

20. the ogre January 17, 2014 at 17:34 #

I’m sorry but the first thing I noticed were the cycling shorts. So…no!

21. kelly January 17, 2014 at 23:58 #

This collection was going to be a tough one to wear on the red carpet without some modifications, because of the excessive IMO sheerness of the looks. Also, the denim doesn’t seem like it would be event appropriate either for most events. I think her modification worked to make it an event appropriate ensemble. I think most Vuitton red carpet looks are already significantly modified from their runway inspiration anyway.

I like her style. She looks like she’s having fun with different types of looks. I hope she doesn’t sign a deal that locks her into one brand’s looks for major events, even though she seems to have some preference for Prada or Miu Miu.

22. Jess2 January 18, 2014 at 04:24 #

Not a good look :(

23. Annel January 18, 2014 at 11:59 #

I just think the whole look is too sinister and heavy – and the makeup too. I hardly recognized her in the beginning. So I am a bit disappointed because I really like her.

And somebody should really tell her to keep her mouth closed when she pouts on photos.