17.01.14

2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards Red Carpet Roundup

We’ve seen a roundup of the men, so here is a roundup of the ladies who attended the 19th Annual Critics’ Choice Movie Awards at Barker Hangar on Thursday (January 16) in Santa Monica, California alongside the likes of Cate Blanchett, Amy Adams and Lupita Nyong’o.

Meryl Streep: Like Julia Roberts – her red carpet pal – and Matthew McConaughey, Meryl opted for sunglasses on the red carpet, much to my chagrin. The actress wore a Stella McCartney embroidery-detailed navy dress with flared sleeves styled with black tights, Ferragamo pumps and a fold-over Louboutin clutch. I’m rarely impressed with her red carpet looks and this is no exception. I wish Helen Mirren’s stylist would take Meryl under his wing.

Oprah Winfrey: The TV host wore an emerald green Azzedine Alaia dress, belted at the waist to accentuate her hourglass shape, which she styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Abigail Breslin: Her pastel-grey Badgley Mischka gown makes her look much older and the colour is washing her out. The only thing I like here is the hair and makeup.

2014 Critics' Choice Movie Awards Red Carpet Roundup 2

Nia Long: The actress wore a slinky black Jovani gown with sheer inserts which she styled with a black-and-silver hardware oval clutch and berry-hued lip colour.

Elisabeth Rohm: The actress sparkled in a Carmen Marc Valvo long-sleeved lace gown styled with a pearlized Judith Leiber clutch. Glamorous wavy tresses and a red pout rounded out her look.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus: The actress wore a Reem Acra black-and-green lace dress from the Pre-Fall 2014 collection styled with black pumps and Irene Neuwirth jewelry. While I would’ve wanted more from her, this laidback approach was in tune with the nature of the event.

Credit: Getty

Leslie Bibb In House of Ronald – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Leslie Bibb In House of Ronald – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Keira Knightley For Harper’s Bazaar UK February 2014

Keira Knightley For Harper’s Bazaar UK February 2014

19 Responses to 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Charlotte January 17, 2014 at 13:08 #

I don’t like any of this looks.

• Yeliz January 17, 2014 at 13:59 #

Me neither.

2. rebecca o January 17, 2014 at 13:12 #

I think Meryl looks cool.

3. Jones19 January 17, 2014 at 13:13 #

I kinda like…okay really like Meryl’s look here, it makes her look younger but is still very age appropriate. The sunglasses are a bit annoying though.

• Sanya January 17, 2014 at 13:21 #

I agree. I like Meryl in this dress. She definitely looks younger her. Another look I like is Julia Louise-Dreyfus. She has had a god run this award season.

4. Fanny January 17, 2014 at 13:20 #

Oprah looks amazing, I love the colour of her dress.

• SilentVisitor January 17, 2014 at 13:52 #

5. Valissa January 17, 2014 at 13:27 #

I think Oprah looks great. It’s possibly one of her best red carpet looks.
    I don’t get Abigail’s dress…isn’t she only 16 or something? Why would her stylist put her in a dress for an old woman instead of something fresh and vibrant? She doesn’t look good…everything about the whole look has sucked the youth out of her

6. Rouel January 17, 2014 at 13:33 #

I really love Meryl and Oprah here. They chose great outfits. I don’t have a problem with the sunglasses since it was daytime.

• CreoleLady January 17, 2014 at 14:00 #

+1.

• Serenity January 17, 2014 at 19:01 #

+2, Oprah looks awesome! And I thought Meryl and Julia looked like they were having a blast together on the red carpet in their sunglasses, almost like an inside joke! It was cute, actually.

7. Christine January 17, 2014 at 13:39 #

Only like Oprah’s look

8. dressaddict January 17, 2014 at 13:42 #

I think the glasses are a hint to the movie; Meryl plays her character with a black pair of sunglasses on. It could be an explanation.

9. Pedro January 17, 2014 at 13:45 #

Meryl looks so cool and chill! lol

Oprah looks great

10. dee January 17, 2014 at 13:46 #

Oprah looks amazing. Her look is the only one I like.

11. Moxie January 17, 2014 at 15:12 #

Oprah looks fantastic. The dress is very flattering. The others… meh. And Abigail Breslin looks like she’s trying to hard.

12. Alina January 17, 2014 at 15:13 #

Oprah looks amazing!

13. Nat39 January 17, 2014 at 15:49 #

Meryl is a disaster – from the uninspiring little dress that does nothing for her to the tights and sunglasses…she just can’t get it right, easily one of the worst along with Abigail – also bad (the unflattering gown does make her look old and washes her out), and Elisabeth (gorgeous from the neck up but super bland and unflattering from the neck down).
    The other 3 (Oprah, Nia and Julia) are nice enough/passable.

14. Lila January 18, 2014 at 02:34 #

Oprah looks gorgeous. That dress is crazy flattering.

Nothing about Meryl’s look is flattering except that she always looks good in blue. Meryl and Julia stuck together along the carpet. Every time I see one of the pictures I think the sunglasses were surely something they came up with and decided to do together. It just seems like an inside joke from two stars too acclaimed to care about the reaction.

Abigail looks awful. That dress is for someone much older but looking at her expression, I think she wanted to look much older. She a kid who wants to look like a sexy woman and unfortunately she has stylists to help her do it.